Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 PM
206,000 miles on 1 air filter

Send a message via AIM to nonSTOP_service
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
I love my svx's.
You love your svx's what?...

I take it you grew up without school house rock.

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Scratched Silver Metallic
213,000mi

"Hey what's that green power light mean?"
"It means we're beating that Porsche."
"What Porsche?"
"Look behind us."
"....Nice..."
- actual conversation
Old 07-12-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
Reccomendations:

-225/50ZR16 wheels. The added width over the 205's, along with decent tires, gives a noticable boost in traction.
225/50R16 is the stock tire size
Old 07-12-2007, 09:09 PM

why does it make me put in a title??

Yeah i wanted to be different and use a 3400, everyone uses a V8 lol, so yeah ive been looking all over to get the perfect one....ofcorse my "loved one" doesnt soport me getting another car...the 8,900$ on that one we looked at freeked her out i think....and she said the stock wheels were ugly lol..ahh whats she know. but yeah hers a pic of my fiero (just to show i take very good care of my cars lol) (if the pic works??) but yeah so il definatly keep posted on here. thanks to everyone whom suports my thoughts.!

and thats my GF's big ugly ford in the back....
Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady
A cinch for YOU, maybe.....

Tom's PM box overfloweth there for a while.

j/k
Aw come on, I made you guys some money, what'cha complainin' about? j/k you really held up there and all the parts were excellent.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonSTOP_service
lol, games that include the SVX;

Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Tokyo Xtreme Racer DRIFT 2
Wangan Midnight: MAXIMUM TUNE 2

...off the top of my head. Any others?

... I only knew of GT 1 & 2.... I need to see these other games!

edit:
I forgot to mention, I bought my SVX in 2000.. I saw it online and flew to michigan from texas - buying only a one way ticket... it was risky but I knew I wanted this SVX, my SVX I paid for her and drove her home. I have NEVER regretted that choice.
Some main things to consider are that finding a mechanic can be difficult based on your location and parts for the SVX are not cheap.
Having said that, aside from normal wear'n tear.. my car has been a champ, far out lasting my parents cars of the same age. I don't see how I will ever be able to drive anything else.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram

Last edited by cozykat; 07-12-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:04 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat
... I only knew of GT 1 & 2.... I need to see these other games!

edit:
I forgot to mention, I bought my SVX in 2000.. I saw it online and flew to michigan from texas - buying only a one way ticket... it was risky but I knew I wanted this SVX, my SVX I paid for her and drove her home. I have NEVER regretted that choice.
Some main things to consider are that finding a mechanic can be difficult based on your location and parts for the SVX are not cheap.
Having said that, aside from normal wear'n tear.. my car has been a champ, far out lasting my parents cars of the same age. I don't see how I will ever be able to drive anything else.
Marisa you are a ray of sunshine.

I had come to the conclusion that my wife and I were the only mortals able to drive an SVX without wrecking the transmission, along with sundry other parts. We have had ours as a daily driver for about the same time as you. What is more the car is not driven slowly.

Special cheers and good wishes, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:57 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Hey there,
The svx is a GREAT car to get. its quick, luxourious, curious, and just plain enjoyable to drive. A few mechanical weak points are the transmission (Which really, isnt a big deal is your mechanicly inclined) rear wheel bearings, brake rotors, and the radiator. Also some things like valve cover gaskets, crank pullys, and front seals go bad due to deterioraing rubber. some more minor nusiances include the sunroof sticking (May need a little push to open) scratches on the door glass, and door sill plates that just dont stay on

That being said, you'll easilly be able to get one in comprable condition as the local car dealer for considerably less than 8900. When buying an svx, its inportant to really take your time and shop around. Get one with some service records, or one that you know has been well cared for and not abused by an ignorant driver.

You may want to check out our for sale section. Also, there is alot of information regarding trim levels and options in svxi i the how to documents, as well as a buyers guide and much, much more usefull info
LOL The section I underlined, bolded, and Italisized! It's like you've seen my Bourdeux Pearl. Though you are in NJ where I bought it from my brother and Sister-in-Law. I love my LSI though. And hey new guy it's worth the money if you find the right price. A non-US would cost you that. As to the price and rarity. In the US we find them around 2500-6K. My guess would be a 94-95' for year as the best though. Lowest cost (milage ussually isn't bad on these cause people either kill them or fun them light) Being Mechanically enclined as you are you won't have any problems just getting used to working on a Subaru is all it takes.(And keep in mind the SVX was a test for Subaru on about half the systems in the car. Most Sub's you'll Lego together not these half the time) Good luck and hope you be come ONE OF USSS........!!!!!! Ah ZOMBIE! J/k.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis

Last edited by Seraphinwolf; 07-13-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Liv'n the hobo life

The Dreamcast's origional Sega GT has the SVX in it too Unfortunately it is in the highest class, so you just can't turn the game on and drive it, you have to work at it...geez what a rip! I believe it has two versions, a L version and a S4 version.

also has the Xt in there too, just like GT 2002/ Online. I just got the DC sega GT and the Xbox Sega GT 2002 just for the SVXs and XTs .
01 Outback (DD)
89 XT-6 Newest Project
Representing Vancouver, WASHINGTON! woot!
My Locker
Old 07-13-2007, 11:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by got svx?
Yeah i wanted to be different and use a 3400, everyone uses a V8 lol, so yeah ive been looking all over to get the perfect one....ofcorse my "loved one" doesnt soport me getting another car...the 8,900$ on that one we looked at freeked her out i think....and she said the stock wheels were ugly lol..ahh whats she know. but yeah hers a pic of my fiero (just to show i take very good care of my cars lol) (if the pic works??) but yeah so il definatly keep posted on here. thanks to everyone whom suports my thoughts.!

and thats my GF's big ugly ford in the back....

Looks like a really clean one! I know that can be sometimes hard to find.

From the moment I saw my SVX I fell in love with it. I've had her for over 2 years. She ran great for well over a year before the stock front diff blew. I now have a 4.44 transmission in there and this car runs better than ever! (Thanks Older Tom ) Now I have 2 SVXs. And, I'm always keeping an eye open for another. God help me I've gone crazy...just like the rest of these people...
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)