IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-10-2004, 10:07 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
I went through a McDonald's drive-thru here a year or so ago and a manager sees my car and says, "Hey! I have one of those!" He has a pearlie and talks to me whenever he sees me, but has never been interested in going the Network.
what's wrong with some people?!?

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 06-11-2004, 06:44 AM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
Quote:
Originally posted by shelfy
what's wrong with some people?!?
maybe they don't want to get in cahoots with this new fangled "intar-web"

there's a guy that works at the circuit city near my work with a red '94 L. I'm pretty sure I sold him on the site. He recently had the tranny replaced, but when I looked I saw no signs of a filter. I told him "drive around town in 3, and install a filter and a cooler." he seemed interested in all the SVX knowledge I had, so I told him all that and more can be learned on this site.

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 06-11-2004, 07:50 AM
red95svx

Last Saturday night at the local Dunkin Donuts we were approached by a few guys on crotch rockets while sitting in my girlfriends 92:

"Wow, what kind of car is that?"

"A Subaru SVX"

"HUH? SVX? Subaru made that?? Is that a new model?"

So we gave them a brief rundown on the car.

"That's cool. Definitely different!"

Yep. That's why we love them!

I also got this one a year or so ago at a McDonalds:

"Cool windows. How much did it cost to do that to your windows?"

"It came like that from the factory"

"No sh*t?"

Dave

Last edited by red95svx; 06-11-2004 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:00 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Thumbs up SVX spotting and Maccas !!

Yes some people cannot get enough of our cars ..I was driving our red car y'day with my wife and youngest son aboard..fabulous cool but sunny clear day back from the Gold Coast on our motorway when I suddenly noticed a convertible Holden Astra buzzing around in the back ground viewing us from all sides..they stayed with us for around 50kms, and at one toll gate nearly caused a pile up as they insisted on ducking and weaving in the traffic to position them selves behind us at the toll gate...as he was right behind us I gave him [and his girlfriend ..she was driving] the oblgatory open bootful of throttle showing the Boxer 6s capability accelerating away with POWER light a blaze .. eventually they caught up again as I reset cruise control... [again they looked on with admiring eyes !!][gotta boost resale price somehow !!]

AND Anyway whats wrong with Maccas, don't get me wrong I'm not precious about it ..but yes [OMG for some] I've worked for McDonalds for 15 years..I know particularly in the US we cop a "grubbing' from the press but in Oz generally things are pretty good...but hey my staff love their cars and are seen very regularly to be hanging out of the D/T windows drooling over some of the cars that come thru ...plenty of ricers but they're spoiled because they get a Red and someimes a green SVX thru their D/T quite regularly... and they still can't get over how our cars windows work [how cool !! is the usual departing comment ..even to their boss] ...15 years of hard work has earned me the ability to own 2 SVXs [my dream car] and look at my signature, my wifes car's plate may turn some a little queezy

...hmm well I best go serve some more customers my red car's booked in for a rear wheel bearing this week, and some additive to the transmision to fix the chatter on low speed turns!!!

Last edited by grnSVX96; 06-11-2004 at 11:05 AM.