Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-10-2002, 08:09 PM
ravi

actually the policy is on dad's name, but still it's very high. I would ask dad to call statefarm and get a quote from them. and yes, I stay out of the fast lane. I got three point beucase of such stupid thing on my record. I had a honda before. I was making a right turn and there was a yeild. The guy in front of me moved, so I thought that he is gonna go. So I pressed my gas padle too. But he stopped and I banged into him. It was a county vehicle, so he had to call police. Police man came and gave a ticket for "loss of control of vehicle to avoid collision." That's a three point violation. I went to court and for some reason, that judge gave me three points direct. I applied for reconsideration, but nothing happened. I hate that judge. I guess she didn't like me or something.

Does anybody know what company rates SVX as luxury car?? I really need to find better rates as soon as possible.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Original Owner 1992-2008

Send a message via AIM to MoreIBNR
I am not sure of all the details, but for most companies, if you are at school more than x miles from home and don't have the car at school, they don't charge as much.

It really doesn't matter if the car is in your father's name or not - if there are more cars than drivers, or cars = drivers, then most companies will put you on a car - but some may put you on as an occaisional driver - cheaper than as primary.

You don't want to fool with the company by lying - in some extreme cases they can void your policy if you have an accident and their investigation uncovers it. It is called Insurance Fraud and it is a felony.

With your driving record,you want the car in your father's name and on his policy - you will find it very difficult and very expensive to get your own policy (most probably).

Good luck - and drive carefully to clean up your record and it will be a lot easier and cheaper.

Quote:
Originally posted by ravi
hey guys, thanks that everybody is showing so much concern. I am not the primary driver of the car, my dad is. car is under his name. Anyways, I don't have a clean record. I have two moving violation. I think the company I am right now, they rate SVX as the sports car. I need to find something better. I would try state farm, and see what they say.
I have got one more question. I will be going to university next semester. I will be living over there. So the only time I will be driving her will be on weekends. Is it possible that my dad buys the policy and doesn't add me as driver, so I think it will lower the insurace. But if he doesn't add me, will the insurace still pay if I am driving and something happenes?
RON - Since you live in same area as me, what are your rates and what company do you have. Anyways, I saw you one day on I-95 near exit of I-195. I was in my girlfriend's honda that time, thats why you didn't pay attention to me. Anyways, see you around in columbia area.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:10 PM
deadeye95

If you have a clean driving record, you should shop your rates every 3 years or so.

I was with State Farm for 20 years, didn't even think of checking of other rates, because I thought that if I had a streak of bad luck they would "understand" and cut me a break because of my long tenure. But, even in a state as backwards as New Mexico, there are laws that say if you cause a wreck, your rates will go up (in other words tenure doesn't count). I was paying $1800 per year for my 2 cars with a clean record and started looking....

Called Progressive and they beat that rate by $700. Am dying to see if anyone has had to claim with this outfit. Some companies now set rates based on your credit rating, questionable but works OK for me.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:07 AM
Original Owner 1992-2008

Send a message via AIM to MoreIBNR
I don't think they actually set your rate by your credit rating, but they determine eligibility for their various programs (or for insurance from their company) by your credit rating.

If you view your credit rating as a measure of responsibility, it makes some sense to use it for insurance underwriting also.

Quote:
Originally posted by deadeye95
If you have a clean driving record, you should shop your rates every 3 years or so.

I was with State Farm for 20 years, didn't even think of checking of other rates, because I thought that if I had a streak of bad luck they would "understand" and cut me a break because of my long tenure. But, even in a state as backwards as New Mexico, there are laws that say if you cause a wreck, your rates will go up (in other words tenure doesn't count). I was paying $1800 per year for my 2 cars with a clean record and started looking....

Called Progressive and they beat that rate by $700. Am dying to see if anyone has had to claim with this outfit. Some companies now set rates based on your credit rating, questionable but works OK for me.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:42 AM
ravi

hhmm, this is a new thing about occasional driver. I never heard that before. I would tell my dad this. Yeah, the policy is gonna be under his name. Anyways, is anbody know any other company who gives better rates especially for SVX, let me know.
thanks everybody.