How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-01-2002, 09:10 PM
ravi

Quote:
An SVX prophylactic????? Its plastic (polypropylene actually), so it can't be a rubber. OK, I'll stop now.
Todd.
I didn't say anything about any kind of rubber todd, I used the term plastic. If you think of it as rubber then, replace all the "plastic" with "rubber" and then read my message.

Quote:
The screws are just running blindly into 'free' metal. Use a pair of side cutting pliers and get them out to remove the belly pan
You can't reach the screws with pliers, it's too hard and it's almost impossible to reach that screw with anything. I tried it alot.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Thanks for clearing that up Beav. Still, I don't think the stock cooling is adequate anymore for our older trannies, and possibly counter productive when used in combination with an external cooler. Unless you live in really cold climates.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
Close, but not entirely accurate. The water temp at the bottom of the radiator is at its coolest. This also where the trans cooler is located. The thermostat keeps the engine temperature at a given point, not the radiator's temp. If the water from the radiator was the same as the desired engine temp it wouldn't do much of a job removing excess heat.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:59 PM
ravi

hey hey hey hey, I finally got it today. I couldn't get TEE to get the connet all of them. So I fixed some pipes and TEEs to make a TEE for it. Now to install it. I had to take the upper screws of radiator and AC condenser and push them back to take get the cooler in front of the condenser. I figured where can I install it, but the problem was to get the hoses to the tranny hoses. Then I noticed there was a little space below the AC condenser, so I made space below condenser and passed hoses through. I had problem with taking that protective palstic out. I couldn't get it out, so I had to work around it. I just removed the screws on the back of the plastic so it hanged down a little bit. it was little bit easy that way becuase tranny oil didn't come on me instead fell on cloth on the plastic. I would recommed doing it that way, so you don't make a big mess. I just left tranny cooler like that without binding it anywhere. Is that good ??
well that was my story.