Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 PM

Check Out a Car For Me ...

I was wondering if anyone lives near Exeter NH and could stop and look at a car for me at Exeter Subaru. It is for sale on Ebay atm and looks to be really nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:SS:MT:1

I'm either screwing myself by letting everyone know about this, or hopefully I'm getting a thumbs up to go ahead and try and bid on it. Thanks!

Sam
Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
I'd be wondering why the exhaust looks crooked. One muffler tip sticks out much farther than the other. Mine does that a bit because of the magnaflow 2-1 cat attached to the midpipe (The midpipe isn't straight where the cat connects, and I had to force it a bit to get things to line up), but not nearly that bad.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 06-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Good catch. Also, look at the front passanger side fender dent. My car has the same dent, and i tried everything i could to pop it out, but since it's on that one crease, it won't pop out as easily as he says it will...
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
Very nice looking SVX. I wish I were close to Cow Hampshire to take it for a test drive for you . Since no one else has said it, let me be the first. The wheels are on backwards, that should be worth some kind of discount.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:07 PM

Thanks ya'll

Thanks for the tips on what I'm looking at. I posed the following question to the dealer:

"From the pictures it looks like the drivers side exhaust tip is sticking out further than the passenger side exhaust. Is there an issue with the exhaust?"

Their response was:

" I got down under the rear and it appears like the muffler, that goes from one side to the other with two pipes coming off of it, is in the right position but is sitting back further in the heat shield on the drivers side.

It is a strange design, a single pipe goes down the middle of the car into the large muffler etc.."

Doesnt necessarilly seem like they know the SVX all that much, they told me they just picked it up because it was rare.

I'm not so worried about a dent or two. Still hoping someone is from cow country to swing by ...

Sam

Last edited by LessThanSammy; 06-19-2007 at 04:27 PM.