SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Illegal Immigrant Solutions

Illegal immigrants have worked and enjoyed the benefits of our country and states. Advocates supporting amnesty claim the illegals want to live the American dream and have benefited and contributed to our country to include paying taxes.

So--the illegal immigrant solution is very simple:

1. Close the border. Build fences at and near metropolitan areas and other high traffic areas. Install monitors and other electronic devices and add Border Patrol agents at other locations.

2. Require all illegal immigrants to register within 60 days (or some reasonble time). Pass laws that make it a felony IF they do not register.

3. If the illegal immigrants have been in the USA for more than five years, they must prove that they have paid appropriate federal/state income taxes for the last 5 years. If they have paid appropriate taxes put them on a track for citizenship, but not ahead of legal immigrants.

4. If the illegal immigrants have been in the USA for less than five years, they must prove that they have paid appropriate federal/state income taxes for all complete years here.

5. Deport illegal immigrants that have not paid appropriate federal/state income taxes.

7. Pass laws that will withhold ALL federal funds from states/cities/municipalities that do not enforce immigration laws. The same for schools or any entity that gets federal money. This would include indirect/direct funding or even grant programs.

8. Pass laws that establish stiff penalties for businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

9. Establish a realistic guest worker program that ensures that American jobs are not taken and that pay scales are not adversely impacted by guest workers.

It is obvious that the VAST majority of American citizens DO NOT WANT an amnesty program. The recent demonstrations have NO BEARING on the voting populace desires. There should have been 10-12 Million demonstrators----nearly all ILLEGAL immigrants. (Noted where their loyalties are--MEXICAN FLAGS)

PS: If any of you agree with this solution, please feel free to send this to your Senators and Congressman.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

2. Require all illegal immigrants to register within 60 days (or some reasonble time). Pass laws that make it a felony IF they do not register.

Right on! And, I have a better plan for those who disregard rule #2.

Convoys of busses will be dispatched to all known pick-up points for day laborers. The busses will then clandestinly transport all non-registrees to certain ports of choice for a "cruise". How many bodies do those Carribean floating palaces hold anyway? 4000 plus steerage? Anyway, after a pleasant voyage of ballroom dancing & burritos, the illegal occupants can then be downloaded via lifeboats in the friendly waters of, say...The Red Sea, for a quick paddle to a welcoming middle east paradise, or worse.....the English channel for a warm French welcome, and... no pressure to learn Inglais! This solution should be much cheaper than building the Great Wall of Tijuana.

Once the word of this plan gets out, them Vincente Fox haters will be begging for a commute to Guatamala & beyond. Yessiree!!

Meanwhile, we can now assign all our grass cutting, leaf raking, veggie picking, roofing, drywalling, & bricklaying to our own needy teenagers who will no doubt flock to fill in for .....

WHAT??

You say most won't get out of bed 'til noon? Too busy with I-pods, & Grand Theft Auto? No time to hang at the mall & IM "wassup?" to their buds? They'll get tired & have icky blisters on their hands!?
Ten bucks an hour is chump-change?

....uh, maybe we should book a different group of tourists on our cruise.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 04-13-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Hater

illegal immigrants ----> soylent green burritos

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I think this is a sound plan. Watching the demonstrations as they carry the Mexican flag in our borders has turned my stomach.

Personally, I have the right to gripe.... I don't believe an illegal immigrant has earned that right in our country.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-13-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
illegal immigrants ----> soylent green burritos
(10 characters)

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
I still confused. Why? I go to mehiko an' workey thek kik my arse an throw me in jahil, then feed key to lion, I get no phoney kall, but for $100,000 I kan go homee. HOw 'bout illigal get same treetment here? No food, just bread ans water.

mmkey?
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Senator P Domenici (NM) Response

Dear Lee:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on illegal immigration and border security. I am glad you took the time to share your thoughts with me on this important matter.

As you know, the Senate recently considered comprehensive immigration and border security legislation. Unfortunately, the Senate was unable to reach a consensus regarding this legislation. I am very disappointed by the refusal of Democrats in the Senate to vote on amendments to S. 2454, the Secure America's Borders Act, which ultimately led to the collapse of this needed reform effort. Among the amendments pending to S.2454 were several that I introduced which would have addressed a number of important issues. My amendments would have added nine permanent and two temporary judgeships in Southwest border states to handle immigration cases, authorized $585 million to improve border security infrastructure, added 250 new deputies to the United States Marshals Service, and prodded Mexico to cooperate more with the United States on border security and immigration initiatives.

Additionally, I have introduced my own legislation to address border security and illegal immigration, the Border Security and Modernization Act of 2005 (S.2049) and the Welcoming Immigrants to a Secure Homeland (WISH) Act of 2006 (S.2326).

The Border Security and Modernization Act of 2005 focuses primarily on four areas, which I believe are crucial to strengthening our borders: increased personnel, enhanced technology, improved infrastructure and additional aid to border states. My bill increases the number of Customs and Border Protection officers and Immigration & Customs Enforcement inspectors by 1000 each year between FY2007 and FY2011. $500 million is authorized to improve infrastructure at our nation's ports of entry to improve security and facilitate the flow of legitimate commerce. The bill also provides the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with $5 billion for fences and vehicle barriers, border patrol facilities and new technology needed to achieve operational control of the US borders. Furthermore, DHS is required to expand its expedited removal procedures to the entire southern border and will be responsible for reimbursing states for costs incurred for incarcerating undocumented criminal ali!
ens. Additionally, criminal penalties will be increased for the smuggling, transporting, harboring, or hiring of unlawful aliens.

The WISH Act includes provisions that I believe will improve our nation's immigration laws. It creates a new guest worker program to provide labor I believe the American economy needs to compete globally. Additionally, it will afford undocumented workers in the United States the ability to become legal workers, at least for some amount of time.

I would like to make clear that the WISH Act is not amnesty for those individuals who have entered our country illegally. It will establish a program that will allow aliens who are working in the United States illegally to obtain a temporary work visa without leaving the United States. These individuals would have to pay a fine for being in the United States illegally and go thru the same application process as aliens applying for the visa legally. This visa would be renewable for up to 9 years, at which time the visa holder would be required to return to his or her country of origin for 3 years before they would eligible to return to the United States. There is a special provision for aliens who were in the United States for 5 years before the enactment of the WISH Act that would allow such aliens to apply for other immigration benefits, but my bill specifies that such aliens cannot adjust to permanent residency. Additionally, in order to get these new immigration benef!
its, the alien would have to return to his or her home country.

To reform our nation's immigration system I believe we must increase enforcement of and compliance with the existing immigration laws of our country. For these reasons the WISH Act will require the Department of Homeland Security to add new investigators and enforcement agents to curb human smuggling, the hiring of illegal aliens and immigration fraud. Penalties will be increased for aliens working illegally and employers who hire illegal aliens. The Wish Act will also require social security cards to be machine-readable and tamper resistant and mandate employer participation in a system to verify the employment eligibility of aliens and to track aliens' employment.

Furthermore, my bill calls for cooperation from Mexico in reducing human smuggling, drug trafficking, and illegal immigration in order for the provisions of the bill to apply to Mexican nationals. I believe this provision is important to the security of our borders and the effectiveness of the WISH Act.

I firmly believe border security and illegal immigration are major problems that must be addressed. Please know that I will continue to use my positions on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and the Senate Appropriations Committees to address New Mexico's border security needs.

I hope that the Senate will take up this matter again soon. I look forward to working with my colleagues to address the immigration and border security issues facing our nation in a way that will result in meaningful and lasting reforms. In the event that immigration reform legislation is again considered this year by the Senate, please know that I will keep your comments in mind.

Sincerely,
Pete V. Domenici
United States Senator

PVD:AM

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
We don't want words, we want action! safaghsdfjkasldf

I like the plan though. Sounds good.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Dear Lee:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on illegal immigration and border security. I am glad you took the time to share your thoughts with me on this important matter.

Sincerely,
Pete V. Domenici
United States Senator

PVD:AM

Lee
Another Republican, wanting to throw money we don't have at the problem. Do these guys ever come up with ideas that don't require huge budgets?

Funding a 9 year temp visa program won't solve the problem, and neither will the hiring of an additional 20,000 rent a cops for the border. We have enough agents there already. They'll take as many helping hands as you give them, but finding a solution requires them to have the authority to do something. Crazy thought, that idea doesn't run up the deficit as much, so it won't happen. Gotta throw more rent a cops at it, and give 9 year amnesty certificates to the ones breaking our laws.

Republicans..... What a mistake we made in 94. We need to put a stained dress somewhere, and lure them out of the country.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:19 PM

Lee, I think your plan from the beginning fits better than the silly junk this senator has pulled out of a checkbook.

As for enforcement, and the cost of throwing them out, bull hockey! There's a reason why that lawn truck in front of you is going 10 miles under the speed limit..... but notice he's got a tail lamp out. Stop him, and deport him.... along with the other 12 people sitting in the truck. They look pretty obvious to me.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Be Realistic

Robert, Be realistic. It is not going to be cheap to deport them and you should know that. However, in the long run, I am fairly sure that what the Senator proposes would be cheaper than the current status quo. At least we would definitely be getting taxes from the ones here and not just be providing free services at our taxpayers expense. Also, it would be known who is here.

The current problem is that cities and states do not and will not enforce the immigration laws because it costs them to much money that they don't get back. Our courts are currently backlogged and to try to move out the current illegals would totally swamp the system and the families would have another 3 American citizens before they were deported.

At least he has a viable solution. That is more than the democrats have. I will say that I sent messages to both of my Senators. One Demo and one Rep. I did not identify my party leanings or affiliation. I have not received a response from the Democrat---because he does not have a solution.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-23-2006, 08:47 PM

It may not be cheap, but where's the sense of throwing more money at it? It looks to me that deporting them once caught should be pretty cheap. Why do the courts have to get that involved unless the fact on whether they are illegal is contested?

I don't think his plan is viable, and I'm finding it hard to understand how you feel it is. Your original points don't jive with his throwing a checkbook at it, and I totally agree with what you suggested.

And speaking of Democrats, I'm starting to get a little peeved at them, for I have heard not one plan from anyone. Their idea is lending toward complete amnesty. I'm sick of amnesty. No..... Show them the door. Somehow come up with a way that will cause a negative effect toward sneaking through the border in the first place.

I read an article today where Mexican citizens are actually giving English names to their children to prepare them to sneak across the border in later years. What kind of nonsense is that? Where they are born under the guise of sneaking across a border.

I ain't kidding. I don't remember where I read it, but I'm going to find it and leave a link. It's time for some tough medicine for these illegal crossings. It's time we threw our arms in a cross and say enough!! To heck with the courts. They aren't financing those courts like we are.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:54 PM

It turned out a lot easier to find than I thought.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060423/...on_immigration

The days of amnesty should be over. That's it. As Lee originally said, if you can't prove you paid taxes, then you are gone. It's foolproof. Sure, a check will have to be written to enforce it, but prevention isn't working. Make up camps, and stick them in there for a few weeks before deporting them. There has to be a "sting" somewhere in the system to stop this mess, and more rent a cops ain't the sting.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mummert

Right on! And, I have a better plan for those who disregard rule #2.

Convoys of busses will be dispatched to all known pick-up points for day laborers. The busses will then clandestinly transport all non-registrees to certain ports of choice for a "cruise". How many bodies do those Carribean floating palaces hold anyway? 4000 plus steerage? Anyway, after a pleasant voyage of ballroom dancing & burritos, the illegal occupants can then be downloaded via lifeboats in the friendly waters of, say...The Red Sea, for a quick paddle to a welcoming middle east paradise, or worse.....the English channel for a warm French welcome, and... no pressure to learn Inglais! This solution should be much cheaper than building the Great Wall of Tijuana.

Once the word of this plan gets out, them Vincente Fox haters will be begging for a commute to Guatamala & beyond. Yessiree!!

Meanwhile, we can now assign all our grass cutting, leaf raking, veggie picking, roofing, drywalling, & bricklaying to our own needy teenagers who will no doubt flock to fill in for .....

WHAT??

You say most won't get out of bed 'til noon? Too busy with I-pods, & Grand Theft Auto? No time to hang at the mall & IM "wassup?" to their buds? They'll get tired & have icky blisters on their hands!?
Ten bucks an hour is chump-change?

....uh, maybe we should book a different group of tourists on our cruise.

Ron.

Well said!!! Try to get a teenager that WANTS to mow your lawn!!!

I can't even get mine to haul her dirty dishes from the computer stand to the SINK!!! (and It's only 12 FEET!!!)
I had a teenaged boy here 8 years ago,and it snowed, and he asked if I had a shovel he could use to make money..I told him that I didn't, and I took him across the street to Southern States, and told him to pick the shovel he wanted. ( he was to pay me back from his 'take' for the day)... He came back at 7:00 pm, and had made NO money, because the FIRST house he came to, had teenaged boys, and a 'playstation'

I wore the paint off of my new shovel, cleaning the walk in front of my house!!

I wish there was SOMEONE in the hood that wanted to do a little 'work' for the $15. that I spent on a shovel for a kid that had NO CONCEPT of working for a dollar!!!

My dad always said, when refering to work, " If you have a boy, you have 1/2 a man. If you have 2 boys, you have no man at all!"

Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: