SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
For as long as I get lucky enough to get paid that week(and not owe Tom money) and by some miracle get off work, I'll be there. I work weekends though, so it's hard. I'll probally be using some vacation time for reading as I've just been informed my friend cappy will be attending and Me and the wife can bunk with him meaning I can afford at least one night. Hopefully I'll have a spare vacation day I can use then I could come up saturday night(Di's cooking) and watch the autocross on sunday.YAY! BTW, I got the tranny out of the trunk and this damn car is a whole new animal. I officially refer to it as the road demon now because that is what it is and it's gonna get even better when it's completely done by this summer. OH GOD help me not kill myself at 160 MPH. I've run it up to 115 so far up hill and it did it with superb ease and was still climbing quickly. I've fallen in love with this thing all over again, Although it is a huge pain in the ass to tear apart sometimes as we all witnessed. Poor Tom.

P.S. Great pics harry!

Last edited by Budfreak; 02-07-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsvx
I guess I now HAVE to show up Do you think we could get Bill "Stock" to show?? BTW, what is the web site address of the Cumberland Autocrossing? Jerry told me, but with old age, I forgot .......

And Tom, tell Di she can have her "drive" at the autocross

Have a good trip to FL.

Harry
nationalroadrally.com

I'm just a ROOKIE , so you might have to come up and show me some tricks!!

As long as it ain't "ROLLOVER"

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 02-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsvx
I see a party coming on .......

BTW, the first autocross is 13 / 14 May, and that is "Mothers Day" weekend - sure won't work for Sunday, but probably Sat.......

Harry
That's a LOT more than over 12 I mentioned!!!
I'm already registered for 1 day, but i don't know what I will drive, or what day I will run. Most likely sat

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 02-07-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

I got a chance to run a few 0-60 runs last night and even with the car not completely done yet I was running in the mid-high 6 second range. We could have a new record holder when Tom and I get done with this 'road demon' and the track opens up. I can't believe how violent the launch is! It feels like it just wants to rip itself apart! LOVIN' IT!
Old 02-13-2006, 05:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
I got a chance to run a few 0-60 runs last night and even with the car not completely done yet I was running in the mid-high 6 second range. We could have a new record holder when Tom and I get done with this 'road demon' and the track opens up. I can't believe how violent the launch is! It feels like it just wants to rip itself apart! LOVIN' IT!
Yep the launch will be really amazing (thts the first thing I liked in 4.44s). Also by now u might have felt tht the car feels more light with 4.44s and as long as u go on pressing the gas, it increases the power (thinking that there is no limit on its power) .

-Pavan
Old 02-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Yep the launch will be really amazing (thts the first thing I liked in 4.44s). Also by now u might have felt tht the car feels more light with 4.44s and as long as u go on pressing the gas, it increases the power (thinking that there is no limit on its power) .

-Pavan
Yes the car does feel a little lighter on it's feet now. I love the way it accelerates like 5MPH in 1 second when your over 70 MPH and it climbs to 125 in no time at all now. My engine seems to be very happy too with the new exhaust and it's only gonna get better when the new gaskets go in this weekend. I've had a code 32 and 37 for months now and they are gone too. So far, So good. The 'Road Demon' has been born.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Yes the car does feel a little lighter on it's feet now. I love the way it accelerates like 5MPH in 1 second when your over 70 MPH and it climbs to 125 in no time at all now. My engine seems to be very happy too with the new exhaust and it's only gonna get better when the new gaskets go in this weekend. I've had a code 32 and 37 for months now and they are gone too. So far, So good. The 'Road Demon' has been born.
Great, u r lucky to have tom around there. I wish one day I will make Tom to come down to my place and have my car a thorough check-up and repairs. Even now my car is showing up this thing or tht thing time to time. I am just confused to think where to start and whts goin wrong with it and wht all needs replaced . Anyway I am getting an Alfa Romeo 164L as my daily driver so that I can work on my subbie full time

-Pavan
Old 02-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Great, u r lucky to have tom around there. I wish one day I will make Tom to come down to my place and have my car a thorough check-up and repairs. Even now my car is showing up this thing or tht thing time to time. I am just confused to think where to start and whts goin wrong with it and wht all needs replaced . Anyway I am getting an Alfa Romeo 164L as my daily driver so that I can work on my subbie full time

-Pavan
Yeah I know. I thank God for Tom everytime I mash the throttle.

Don't worry about to many little problems. All SVX's have a little quirk on an occasion. It's normal.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:23 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Glad to hear the 4.44's are working out... I'm loving them every day that I drive it... I just need money in the summer for Stage 2
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 02-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Yeah I can't wait for spring to be here so I can do my porting and throw on the cams and a few other things. I can't wait to hit the track in a few weeks and see what it's doing. I just want to get my new end link, ball joint and poly. bushings installed and finish my exhaust before I go. It's just too cold to get things done right now though.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
We are refering to a 'closed course, are we not??? Jerry

Jerry
Old 02-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
We are refering to a 'closed course, are we not??? Jerry
As closed as it gets around my area. I know of a place where there is a traffic light in the middle of nowhere with not a single cross road for at least a mile after the light. At 2 A.M. and not a person in sight, I'd say it was close enough.

I try to be as safe as possible when doing testing, there just aren't to many options in my neck of the woods.

Last edited by Budfreak; 02-14-2006 at 03:52 AM.