Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-12-2003, 11:42 AM
JTJaskot

Heh, i'm new here and i'm getting rid of my corrado. I have a G60. Looking to get an SVX. Corrados can be fun when they run. I had the four cylinder supercharged motor. Some common problems on them are electical drains, broken sun roof assemblies, flooding of the passanger side, blown heater core,stuck rear spoilers, and faulty window regulators. Depending on what motor you get, the four cylinder or the VR6, you're gonna have other problems too. The G60 was the more problematic motor, just from the super charger. They like to explode after 50,000 miles or so unless you get it rebuilt, which can varry in cost depending on the condition of the charger. If you have any questions on the Corrado, let me know.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:55 AM

hey newbie, there is a meet in washington at the intersection of 57 and 31, if you are interested, it is at 4(7/12/03) good luck with the car too

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Because I've read about a few Corrados that have had 1.8 Turbo engines swapped into them. And about the 'Vw owners are dickheads' comment, I'm going to stand by that. Go over to VW vortex. Mention you're interested in a VW, and you currently drive a ______ (insert any non VW car here). They'll f*cking ream you. What a bunch of pricks. And in real life, I've also met a few VW enthusiasts.... most of them were jerks.

- Rob
I've been a member of VW Vortex and ClubB5 (a group dedicated to current generation Passats) and find them both to be, by and large a decent group of folks.

Now, insert a troll into any group, and I can see how they'd turn on that troll. Once a troll, always a troll I guess.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

my friends fiancee was crying the blues because she REALLY wanted a new Beetle, despite our trying to convince her otherwise. she ended up getting a used one (2000-2001?, 35k miles), had it less than 3 months, and traded it in. i think the final straw was the gas cap door refusing to open. she doesn't like to talk about VW's anymore.
Who in their right mind would EVER want one of those disgusting pieces of machinery?! Any owners or lovers of them who read this... don't get pissed, they are just REALLY feminine, and REALLY ugly.

Why did they turbo the dang thing? Yay, now a little old lady in a wussy car could race me and win... without even trying!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 07-12-2003, 06:31 PM
SVXdriver_007

I'm sitting here at work and I'm reading this and myself and the TWO VW fans are laughing at this. NOT the fact that there is an SVX totaled just the VW talk.

Firstly as far as I'm concerned the Corrado is a German SVX. They are both cars that you have to be deidcated to... maintenance wh0res so to speak. Both rare, both very easy to pick out of a crowd. If I was to buy another car other than the SVX it would be a Corrado for collectible purposes. There is a SWEET Corrado sitting out front right now that a guy I work with owns were gonna go get his camera and take some pics to show that there can be unity between VW and Subie. I'd say go for it on the Corrado.

OH and as far as all VW drivers being dickheads well both the guys I work with are (they're reading over my shoulder) . They are a bit of an elitist group but so are we about our cars but calling them all jerks because of a single website, yeah I'm sure that VW vortex is a fair representation of ALL VW owners .
Old 07-12-2003, 08:08 PM
Superbeast

I'v always liked the Corrado, I might even have one today if my first car had been an old Bug instead of a BRAT. I too have always thought of the Corrado as the german SVX mostly becouse they came out about the same time, they both looked different form anything the manufacturer made before, and they were pitted aginst one another in several car mags. Altho I think the ultimate Corrado would be sporting a VW R32 drivetrain, that would be awsome. As for VW owners being freindly challenged, most of the ones I meet are cool and usually any chick driving a Jetta is hot.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-12-2003, 08:14 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Ok, what's probably going to happen is:
- The insurance company is going to total my SVX.
- I'll buy it back from them.
- I'll buy a new SVX.
- Part out/swap parts from the old to the new.

That blue one on ebay in florida is looking tempting. Anyone know anything about it?
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 07-12-2003, 08:16 PM
*Special* Member

Erm...just re-read the info on the blue one...it has a rebuilt title...is that much of a problem? or is that a major red flag?
Old 07-13-2003, 12:01 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
The people I've met on VW vortex were assholes... the guy I met with a black SLC was an asshole... the guy I met with a black GTI was an asshole..... noticing a trend here?

- Rob
Old 07-13-2003, 12:51 AM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
The people I've met on VW vortex were assholes... the guy I met with a black SLC was an asshole... the guy I met with a black GTI was an asshole..... noticing a trend here?

- Rob

you think everyone is an asshole?
Old 07-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:

- Rob
HOOO BOY.....Rob you're getting lax now, leaving yourself wide open .....

Ummm...yeah, I'm noticing a trend...lmao...

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 07-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Talking

Same trend I noticed Jerry!
Old 07-13-2003, 02:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Rob, c'mon... most people are a-holes... especially if you're not very cordial right off the bat. I know it is easy to get stuck in a stereotype mindset, but it REALLY makes people more likely to seem like a-holes to you. You know, you already kinda have a predetermined idea about what kind of person they are... and if they sense that air about you, they're gonna get defensive/mean. Then you've got your stereotype... they fall right into it (mostly since you already put them there). I'm not tryin' to bust your b*lls, Rob... just sayin' an open mind and a patient attitude will go a long ways.

Come to think of it... I don't think I know any VW owners. Huh, weird. I have seen quite a few that REALLY had an obnoxious air of superiority about them... but I can't blame that on the VW. I get the same thing from most SUV drivers, and the worst out of all of them are the Jeep Grand Cherokee owners/drivers. Maybe it is just the cross section of the population around here. The jerks gravitate toward certain vehicles... but it can't be universal... I have come across exceptions.

Any one else come across problems with Grand Cherokee drivers? I had a guy in one yesterday... trying to merge onto the freeway. He comes from behind, and instead of merging before his lane ended, he kept trying to get further ahead (in rush hour traffic). He just started driving in the shoulder... even though I tried to get in his way and force him in behind me. Nope, he just drives off the road a bit! I wouldn't let him in front of me... so he just decides he'll hit me... had to brake quick. Messed up thing is, I get similar crap from Grand Cherokee drivers quite frquently. At least they seem to be losing their popularity. Sorry, 'bout the rant.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear you'll try and get another SVX, Scott. Maybe it could work out REAL well for you like it did for Stephen. Totalled... get a good amount for it... buy it back cheap... then use/sell parts from the parts car. Oh, and course get another SVX. Good luck!

Old 07-13-2003, 10:01 PM
*Special* Member

OK, another plan:
A fellow member has offered to GIVE me his parts car (which has full suspension) if I come and pick it up. His place is only like an hour away from my cousin's, so what might happen is, i'll make it in to a joint trip to visit them, and pick up the car.

I still dont know if we're going to let insurance know though...
Old 07-14-2003, 04:14 PM

Hey, that's pretty sweet! Especially if you could do most of the work youself. Do you think you'd still need to claim it for the body damage, though?