Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

??? about Patrick Motors of Auburn Mass

Well I think I convinced the wife that keeping the Brat and my XT and SVX and just getting her a Legacy GT wagon makes sense. I found one at Patrick Motors in Mass. Its a Green 01 manual wagon which is what she wants. Has 12k on the odo. Price is $14,499 (yeah here's why. It is a lemon law buyback car). 8 out of 10 times its a missunderstanding or couple of bad parts in a row that causes this but...

Has anyone heard/ done business with Patrick? How's their rep? I'm gonna call this afternoon to see if they will tell me why its a lemon law. I can't figure out any other way to find out. Also if anyone is close by and free over the weekend. Think they could take a gander at it?
Old 06-13-2003, 11:13 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Lemon Law buy back? Can you say "RUN"
Seriously, have you talked to the previous owners?
So your local folks wouldn't come down any more on the Baja?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 06-13-2003, 11:40 AM

Leg

Most people run from Lemon Laws simply b/c they don't have the knowledge behind 'em. Did you know that you can file for a lemon law if a car is in the shop for the same problem more than 3 times in a year or has been waiting to be fixed for the same problem for more than 30 days w/in that year? The lemon laws have become so consumer friendly in the past couple years that virtually any car could fall under this catagory if the circumstances are right. To me, if I can come up with the history of the car, know that the problem has been fixed (which it must in order for it to be resold as anything but a salvage vehicle) I'll jump and save $5000+ of the price right away. I'm not one to buy a car for a couple of years though so it won't bug me if the resale value on it sucks. Same thing with a not actual miles or total miles unknown car. Just cause it gets labeled as such doesn't mean its actually not a perfectly good car.

No, the Baja isn't gonna work out. I'd prefer to keep the Brat anyway. It looks better and is much more of a hauler.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Yep, thus my question about talking with the previous owner...

So, I take it you've got the Brat's axles removed? Did you end up taking the entire assembly to a machine shop?

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 06-13-2003, 12:50 PM

Pattrick motors

Previous owners tend to be slightly biased. Court douments on the other hand arent .

Got the rear arms back last night from the shop. Did manage to get them off the hub with a 2 arm puller I borrowed from work. This one was rated to 10 tons. The autozone one I broke was 5 tons. Total bill for bearings, seals, and pressing the bearings in $116.80. Got them 99% of the way on last night (can't get 'em on the last 1/4 inch but think the castle nut should do that for me). Just need to put everything back together. Refill the brake fluid and go from there. Hopefully I can find a place to inspect her now.