Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-21-2007, 06:56 PM

New baby may need help

Looks like it's going to happen. Last week, I drove the 150 miles towards San Diego to look at the SVX I found on eBay. Found a late '92 pearlie with decent aftermarket wheels and a faded black top. just over 151,000 miles. Engine is smooth and strong, transmission has just been replaced, as has the radiator. On tight turns, there is some scraping from a heat shield or something underneath (no, it's not bearings, just tin), but the car has never been kissed. Although going back to having car payments is a real drag, I'm going to do it, and add another special car to my current two.
But, I need some help. Does anyone know a shop in the Los Angeles area that really knows the SVX? I don't mind driving a little, I have to take my Alfa Romeo 35 miles to get to the best shop for it.
I need to have the A/C re-charged, need both sun visors, the right-side tail light is cracked (but not through) in the turn signal area, and there's little cosmetic stuff, like a parking lot ding on the left rear corner (sheet metal only, not the bumper cover), some issues with upholstery, and a faded piece of faux wood around the center vent on the dash.
As a newcomer to the SVX world, I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 06-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
The faux woodgrain fading is normal. The plastic underneath is purple, instead of brown...I dont know who designed it that way, but they all get like that. Saggy sun visors are pretty typical as well. for those, there's a how to with a repair you should try before spending 60$+ for new visors.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten