Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 06-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
Motor Swap?

It has come to my attention that I can get my hands on some JDM RB26DET motors dirt cheap, I mean less than 2g's probly under 1! so what do you think about a skyline driven SVX? might stir some intrest in our cars again, not only that it would be fast as hell, the other reason I'm thinking about it is because my motor boggs of the line so I figured get something turbo that spools quick and is lighter and then striop the car and you would have a real rocket, then sell the EG to someone looking to do a WRX swap. Questions, comments, concerns are all very much welcome.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Giong back to the beaters...

turbos have poor bottom ends try launching an all wheel drive car and youll soon realise that you need some bottom end. inline 6 standing up we barely have enough room as is. otherwise a custom hood and maybe a modified rear wheel conversion and we might be talking
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver
Old 06-21-2005, 11:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundering02
turbos have poor bottom ends try launching an all wheel drive car and youll soon realise that you need some bottom end.
Come on over and I'll show you how an AWD 4 banger turbo can launch at 4500 RPM..

A skyline motor in an SVX would be sweet! Plan on getting the entire drivetrain custom made though. You'll need new halfshafts and a new driveshaft for starters..

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 06-21-2005, 02:56 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Isn't the RB26DET an inline 6? If so, will it fit in the SVX engine bay?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:47 PM
KCROGUEDOG

i see no reason why not but u also got to think about height of engine and weight transfer. we got the low centered engine that is evenly distributed for our car. that would be alot of work ecu would have to be changed and solid mounting would have to be created and maybe a new hood. and our diffy and tran would probly be no good like he said. best bet buy an old maxima or 240 and then make the swap. i wanted to put a 300zx tt engine in my 93 max before i sold it.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Own'eded

yeah, Im actually looking at a 240 with a sr20 det and one with a blown block that I would just replace, but to get one of those I would be selling the SVX And Thundering02 I don't really know what your trying to get across here considering the skyline weighs more than 3,000lbs also and it to is AWD
Old 06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Own'eded

what should I do, get a 240sx and build the hell outta it or do a custom turbo for the svx? and then strip it
Old 06-22-2005, 12:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2k3
what should I do, get a 240sx and build the hell outta it or do a custom turbo for the svx? and then strip it
It depends on your finances.. Doing anything to the SVX is gonna cost way more money than building a 240SX.

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 06-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Own'eded

200 cash right now
Old 06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
KCROGUEDOG

i say stick with the svx but either way is good. make a list of good and bad qualitys and you will find the answer. svxs look so much better. the 240 is ok depending if its a later year model.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:40 PM

If I were to do a swap, I'd use a 2jz supra motor. larger displacement, more access to parts, not nissan. You could get a 2jzge motor for $600 put in a thicker head gasket to lower the comp ratio, add on a turbo and some fuel upgrades and there's at least 500whp.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gravija
Quote:
Originally Posted by listed
If I were to do a swap, I'd use a 2jz supra motor. larger displacement, more access to parts, not nissan. You could get a 2jzge motor for $600 put in a thicker head gasket to lower the comp ratio, add on a turbo and some fuel upgrades and there's at least 500whp.
why not just start with a 2JZ-GTE, you've got the turbos and fuel over the N/A block and i'd think going single or bigger turbo would be easier on an already turbo block over the N/A right?