Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-11-2002, 04:36 PM

Wow. Didn't think this would get that much attention.
About the prelude comment being uncalled for. YOUR RIGHT. SORRY. I'm just upset at some of the problems I've been having with the SVX since I bought it. Good car to drive though. I do like preludes however. I test drove a 97 5-speed with a v-tech. Nice car, but doesn't have the style of the SVX!!!
My road hugger tires cost me a grand total of $475 after disposal and with a full 60k warranty. Do you think I was ripped off? If so, I will try and upgrade.
Thanks.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:33 PM
alacrity024

I know nothing about "Road Hugger" tires.. however, 60k for $475 ain't bad at all in my book. I don't even know what my Yoko AVS-dB's are warrantied to.. I know that it's a pro-rated warranty though.. so they kind of screw you over if their tires don't last as long as they claim--they only pay you the difference between where they claimed they'd wear to and where they actually did.. blah.. anyway, i think you've got a pretty good long-lasting tire there.. i guess time will tell.

-a
Old 03-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
Wow. Didn't think this would get that much attention.
About the prelude comment being uncalled for. YOUR RIGHT. SORRY. I'm just upset at some of the problems I've been having with the SVX since I bought it. Good car to drive though. I do like preludes however. I test drove a 97 5-speed with a v-tech. Nice car, but doesn't have the style of the SVX!!!
My road hugger tires cost me a grand total of $475 after disposal and with a full 60k warranty. Do you think I was ripped off? If so, I will try and upgrade.
Thanks.
Check out www.tirerack.com Dunlop SP5000 and Yokohama AVS db are both excellent choices and shouuld both be around a buck apiece. $475 for the huggers? I haven't shopped them in a looong time, actually I never have shopped them but I used to work at a BigO Tire in Denver that had a Discount Tire next door and an independent dealer on the other side. We replaced a lot of RHs that were less than half worn. Considering that you can have the Dunlops or Yokos for the same price I'd say you didn't get the clean end of the stick. Live and learn, none of us does it right every time.

Beav
Old 03-11-2002, 09:32 PM

Yeah I guess. Oh well, I'll see if they can be replaced. If not, the hec with it. Thanks. By the way, I didn't meen to offend anyone with the prelude comment.
Dave
Old 03-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Not as old as Randy

I forgot to look and see that you're in Arvada - I opened the BigO on 58th and Ralston. The other store I was referring to was at S. Federal and Evans.

Beav
Old 03-11-2002, 09:42 PM

I got my tires at the Discount tire on Ralston. So it must have been right next door to where you worked.

Dave.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:47 PM
Not as old as Randy

Nah, they're up beyond the curve. I was at the intersection of 58th, across from Firestone and Jiffy Lube. I knocked their (Jiffy Lube) sign off the side of the building with a huge snowball one Saturday...heheheheh...we used to lob 'em at each other. I guess the guy I missed was having a lucky day.

Beav