Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 06:28 PM
cargamer03

Angry power light flashing

hey guys and gals. having some tranny problems. it started today on the way to class. the shift from first to second is noticably harder but not too bad. i just noticed tonight that when the car is started the green power light in the dash flashes instead of staying lit. anyone with experience with this problem. am i screwed i am just starting to sell the car so hopefully not
THanks
Jon
Old 03-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargamer03
hey guys and gals. having some tranny problems. it started today on the way to class. the shift from first to second is noticably harder but not too bad. i just noticed tonight that when the car is started the green power light in the dash flashes instead of staying lit. anyone with experience with this problem. am i screwed i am just starting to sell the car so hopefully not
THanks
Jon
your SVX knows you are planning on selling it..so its initiated self-destruct mode....my power light flashes due to the TCU mod..me 'tinks' you have other troubles brewing..keep the SVX it will go away
Old 03-21-2005, 07:27 PM

The power light flashes to illuminate (sorry, can't help myself sometimes) a problem in the electronics on the previous run. Since you noticed harder shifting, then the power light flash, it probably means the dropping resistor has a) failed, or b) bad connection (loose, corroded, etc). Look at David's site to test what the power light code means. http://svx-iw.com/
Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
your SVX knows you are planning on selling it..so its initiated self-destruct mode....my power light flashes due to the TCU mod..me 'tinks' you have other troubles brewing..keep the SVX it will go away
Yea when i decided to keep my SVX all the problems went away on their own....weird huh....smart little cars

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I'm willing to bet you get an error code 11.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:52 PM
cargamer03

what exactly is an error code 11
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
yeah as Weasel said, IT IS ALIVE.......... just say that you will not sell it anymore, and it will be the cheapest fix ever in SVX's history

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargamer03
what exactly is an error code 11
Check on http://svx-iw.com/ in the codes section for a description of all the errors. 11 is normally caused by a bad resistor.