IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 06:34 AM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
Odd climate control problem

Hey all

I have a weird problem with my climate control. It doesn't work. cool huh? The digital display won't read out anything, and pressing the buttons does nothing. The odd thing is that the clock also doesn;t show up, and the fuse that is blowing is the power mirror/cigarette fuse... the fuses that actually deal with climate control are fine.

When I picked up the car a couple days ago everything worked fine. now it blows the fuse the moment I try to replace it. I haven;t had the car long enough to tamper with it much. any ideas?

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 03-21-2005, 02:28 PM
deruvian

Is the cigarette lighter module actually in the 12v power port? Occasionally when I put the actual cigarette lighter into the 12v port, a fuse blows that turns off pretty much anything that has to do with the front-center of the car. Clock, climate control, cig lighter, etc.

Remove the cig lighter module and see what happens.

You may also want to try disconnecting the 12v port all together, or check to see if the fusible link on the back of the port is blown/barely connecting. If it is, simply replace it with some copper wire or something.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:11 PM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
I played with the cig lighter for a while to no availl. then I tried some searching and found this thread

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?p=294793

which completely solved the problem. stupid vanity mirror.

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 03-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I almost replied with that trick last night but figured it was too far fetched for what you described. Glad you got it figured out.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.