SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM

Registered SVX
Arrow May have found a replacement

May have found a replacement for our totalled red 96 Lsi. Located another Red 96 Lsi locally, with a clean carfax, and one owner history. 115k miles, seller is a used car lot. They are not fond or knowledgeable of svx's and that might have something to do with their asking price. $2500. I called today, and one guy told me that his partner had driven the car down to the auction. He told me to call back and see if it went thru. He said no, and that his partner was driving it back to the used car lot. I asked about how it runs and rust and overall condition. He said the paint is nice and shiny except for the two rear panels that say svx on them. It runs nice and has some type of exhaust leak. Also that the FWD light is lit on the dash, which means someone inserted the fuse. Probably a duty solenoid C issue. Not a problem, as if tranny is needed, I have the carcass in my Dads garage. So if everything checks out, I can basically replace my 96 which had 113k, with the exact same year, model, and color for what the insurance company is offering me. I will bargain for more, dont worry. Im going to look at the car tonight, and will take some photos and report back. Just wanted to let everyone know. Keep your fingers crossed for me.