Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > FAQs, How To's, & Vendors > Vendors, Service, & Parts
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX View Post
There is a confusing part of your site, in that the menu at the top, goes from 5 options to 4, and then as you navigate through the pages, the links appear to move form one position to another... I see that you are excluding the option I just clicked on... but its confusing.

Notice that if you go to lowes.com or similar and you click on garden, that garden doesnt disappear.

Also, when clicking on products, it takes me to page 4 of your products, rather than page 1.

And that clicking on any other page keeps you at page 4.

I am sure its a WIP, just tryin to help.
Chris, i went ahead and fixed the problem by using the same links on all pages... They should all be working now w/ no broken links or pictures. Let me know what you guys think, it is important to get all the feedback we can. Thanks in advance

Tom
Old 05-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Looks better that way.

There are some pics of the racer in my PB, let me know which you want moved to simplepic...
Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Network Design Administrator

The "About Us" page feels weird to me... the text should be darker, my eyes get "lost" on the page.

The links at the top, the only one that turns purple after clicking it is "Directions". It should either be on for all links, or off for all (The turning purple part).

The "Products" page still takes me to page 4, all pages are still the same. It looks like you only have 1 page of products, so remove the page numbers, maybe?

"Contact" page feels the same to me as the "About Us" page... With that, your text color, whatever yo chose it to be should be the same, through out the site. Along with your background colors. After all this is a business, not someones perosnal website.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Maniac modifier

Ok tried to fix the text as best as I could quickly, also worked on some of the background coloring. Chris, your help is tremendous. I still cannot figure out why the "directions" link is staying purple... but I will try and look further into it.

Dave, chose the pics you want up and send me the links... thanks bud

Tom
Old 05-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Network Design Administrator

It looks like you fixed the link for "Directions" turning purple...

The text looks better too, but honestly, something about the layout bugs me... its probably just me.

On the contacts pages, the links should maybe not be white, its kind of painfull on the eyes.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:49 AM
SVXless

The site looks good but for some reason it makes me want to blog every time I look at the homepage. I can try and help you guys out if you need some design help.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX View Post
It looks like you fixed the link for "Directions" turning purple...

The text looks better too, but honestly, something about the layout bugs me... its probably just me.

On the contacts pages, the links should maybe not be white, its kind of painfull on the eyes.
Well if you can put your finger on it, it helps us to decide what to change... Granted we cannot make everyone happy but the input from people on this site is taken to heart and listened to.

I did go ahead and lose the "links" in the contact page... The email links weren't working anyway and I really don't want to be spammed to death anyway. Not to mention not everyone has outlook either so its best for them to be plain text...

Thanks for your help and input

Tom
Old 05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Suggested wording change:

More of a hobby than a business, we're customer focused, so good communication is our number one objective.

To:

Our service begins and ends with our customer-focused, communication-based approach. We always take the time to ensure that we understand your needs from the start.

(i.e., hobby doesn't send the right message....)

Home page:

Try pulling your margins in a little on the text boxes so you have some "white space" on the right and left of the text

Give your text a little more leading (fancy way of saying line spacing) to make it easier to read, especially since you're using a bold font

Nice graphics, but I'd put an actual car at the top, not the svx hood emblem ("damn, Martha, what's this funny looking thing on this web page?")

About Us page:

Add something about the capabilities of your shop "Our shop is fully equipped with ...". This provides some quantification for your statements about the services you can provide (Example = "We can mount and balance tires", so you'd need to mention that you have tire mounting and tire balancing machines...)

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 05-23-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Maniac modifier

Thanks Bill, when I finish putting an N/A engine together so I have something in my silver, I will take another crack at the site... I need a break from sitting in a computer chair... Something about office space rings a bell here

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Suggested wording change:

More of a hobby than a business, we're customer focused, so good communication is our number one objective.

To:

Our service begins and ends with our customer-focused, communication-based approach. We always take the time to ensure that we understand your needs from the start.

(i.e., hobby doesn't send the right message....)

Home page:

Try pulling your margins in a little on the text boxes so you have some "white space" on the right and left of the text

Give your text a little more leading (fancy way of saying line spacing) to make it easier to read, especially since you're using a bold font

Nice graphics, but I'd put an actual car at the top, not the svx hood emblem ("damn, Martha, what's this funny looking thing on this web page?")

About Us page:

Add something about the capabilities of your shop "Our shop is fully equipped with ...". This provides some quantification for your statements about the services you can provide (Example = "We can mount and balance tires", so you'd need to mention that you have tire mounting and tire balancing machines...)

-Bill
Old 05-26-2008, 08:56 AM

service needed

Tom,
I need to schedule an appointment immediately for my 92LSL. I need to get this coolant issue taken care of asap. Please contact me at your earliest possible convenience. Thank you....Todd
Old 05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
YT, et al.,

Site is definitely looking up! Some pics of the inside of the shop will definitely help (okay, after you clean things up a bit)

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92LSiLver View Post
Tom,
I need to schedule an appointment immediately for my 92LSL. I need to get this coolant issue taken care of asap. Please contact me at your earliest possible convenience. Thank you....Todd
Depending on location, I can pick it up and trailer it to the shop, for the cost of gas. You're welcome to ride with me if you'd like.

I was with Tom when he got this car, I can't imagine what might have happened. The car had been parked in one spot for quite some time, when he took it for a test drive there was nothing on the asphalt when he pulled it out.

Let me know, I make trips there quite often.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:26 AM

Wow..If you could haul her down to the shop, that would be awesome...I could really use the help, I am kind of stuck right now with work and all .Let me know, I would love to GIT R DUN asap...thanks a lot. I appreciate it....Todd 610-297-1190

Last edited by 92LSiLver; 06-05-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
The site looks good
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Maniac modifier

Re: AWD Llc.

Ok took some time in the past couple days to fiddle with the site... Finished up the products page (there will be more to come shortly) and I also got to work on the Projects page... Let me know what you think

Tom