Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Difference Between Bush/Clinton

The major difference between Bush and Clinton is that Bush is having problems with his Generals and Clinton had a problem with his Privates.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-08-2006, 03:05 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
The major difference between Bush and Clinton is that Bush is having problems with his Generals and Clinton had a problem with his Privates.

Lee
Ooooh.... I like that one!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:11 PM

The People Obsessed With Clinton's Privates...

were Republicans. They pissed away over $40 MILLION in taxpayer money desperately trying to nail Clinton for SOMETHING and they got...DICK!

Meanwhile back at the ranch Iraq has become the predicted quagmire, the middle east is destabilized and the Three Stooges, George, Dick and Rummy, still don't have a plan or a clue. THOUSANDS DEAD AND WOUNDED, BILLIONS PISSED AWAY, AND NO END IN SIGHT.
But that bastard CLINTON...HAD HIS WINKY SUCKED IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!! OH MY GOD! THE HUMANITY...(and the dry cleaning!)
Yeah, put those offenses on the Scales of Justice and see how they weigh out!
TALK ABOUT AN INVIDIOUS COMPARISON.

Instead of a reasoned response from lhopp77 to my 50 BUSH F**K UPS, I get inane jokes. Trivializing the mounting death toll of Americans and innocent civilians in Iraq by comparing the fact that:
Clinton got a hummer outside of marrige to Bush and his administration's inability, much to their disgrace, to listen to their Generals advice, and correctly prosecute the war. PATHETIC!

IHOPP77 - Still waiting to hear something besides inane drivel in defense of Bush. What's wrong, can't find one REASONABLE explanation for ANY OF BUSH's 50 F**K UPS?
IHOPP77 - Still waiting to hear ONE THING BUSH'S DONE RIGHT.
Still waiting...
WGJ
Old 05-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Get Serious

Your list of 50 copied from other sources are not even worthy of comment.

Good things--how about the economy and millions of people voting for the first time in Iraq and Afghanistan even though admittedly there are still unresolved problems in both places.

If you are so blinded that you cannot see and admit the good things--there is no need for me to list them for you.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:

Good things--how about the economy and millions of people voting for the first time in Iraq and Afghanistan even though admittedly there are still unresolved problems in both places.

If you are so blinded that you cannot see and admit the good things--there is no need for me to list them for you.

Lee
I'm having a real hard time finding anything positive myself. The stock market is back up to 1990 levels..... finally.

We've even got new horrors coming up. Forget Iran for a second. The Russian government is now hinting at a second cold war due to Cheney's mouth a few days back. Anybody out there know how close we are to oil deals over there? The administration just keeps blowing it. Bush has slipped to 31% approval ratings according to the latest Gallop poll. And the gallop poll leans right.

Bad news is, we are going to run out of people to debate with here.

Fox even reported today that the republicans are in trouble, and will probably lose house control unless something drastic or miraculous happens. They also mentioned the absolute certainty that if the Republicans lose the house, there "WILL" be investigations on our buddy Bush up there. Guaranteed. If the democrats take control, he will be impeached. The writing is on the wall. And due to that dress thing, I don't think they'll show much sympathy.

Yep... (While snapping his suspenders) I truly am a happy puppy. It's good to hear of good news on the horizon... It's been a few years.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Afterthought. Cheney didn't bungle at the mouth, a new cold war plays right into his hand. He's going back to the helm at Halliburton once his time is up. I just realized that. He didn't "slip". The jerk had it planned out.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 05-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Afterthought. Cheney didn't bungle at the mouth, a new cold war plays right into his hand. He's going back to the helm at Halliburton once his time is up. I just realized that. He didn't "slip". The jerk had it planned out.
Cheney's my hero!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Hater

yee-haw! the Evil Dance!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-11-2006, 11:46 AM

More Lee Sophistry (bull****)...

Lee

1. "Your list of 50 copied from other sources are not even worthy of comment."
Where do you come up with this inane crap? I didn't copy a damned thing...I'm actually intelligent enough to gather info, analyse it and reach a rational conclusion. Something every college freshman that passes logic is able to do but evidently something a holder of a master's degree can't do. Freshman logic/philosophy also requires cogent responses to inquirey, something I'm still waiting for from you.
You've got 50 factually correct examples of what a complete cluster f**k the Bush admin is and now that you're faced with the overwhelming evidence we have FOOLS running the gov't this is your pathetic response? THINK MAN! Surely there is some defense for this endless littany of Bush and the gang's stupidity.

2."Good things--how about the economy and millions of people voting for the first time in Iraq and Afghanistan even though admittedly there are still unresolved problems in both places."

And the only possible way to achieve this was to unilaterally attack Iraq and then wait to be greeted as "liberators"? The UNCOUNTED DEAD and MAIMED and the TRILLION DOLLARS that this war will cost us seems an awfully high price for the chance to vote. As for the "unresolved problems", we'll be dealing with those for years, probably decades,and definately OVER HERE!

3. "If you are so blinded that you cannot see and admit the good things--there is no need for me to list them for you."

This is the stupidist thing you've uttered yet. You're the guy shooting off his mouth about what a fine leader we have in Bush and it's all the fault of liberals. But when your ill considered position is overwhelmingly trashed by facts and evidence, your response is this pathetic ad hominem arguement that I'm "blinded". One again, one finger pointing at me, three back at the true blind person, you.

Don't list all of Bush's wonderful accomplishments for me...list them for everyone reading this who's rapidly reaching the conclusion you have no idea what you're talking about, that your living in the same opium den as Bush and hallucinating your titties off.

Your homework is to read "Plato's Allegory of the Cave".
You may actually have a masters degree, but you get an F in this course.

You've been schooled,
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 05-11-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Laughing

I will sit up in my grave and laugh my butt off when you realize that you are paying a huge percentage of your income to support the retirement of millions of others that are beyond working age or are to lazy to work.

And I will do it again when you reach retirement age and there is no money in the fund for you.

One thing that Bush tried to do was to pass laws that would add a touch of reality to the Social Security system. A system that is going broke rapidly and that will end up a huge tax burden on our younger generations.

You should have been smart enough to even see this same assessment in the IRS and GAO study that you were so proud to use in your "Bush blame game".

He faced the realities and wanted to start, I say again, START, working on the problem now instead of when it is in full crisis. The demos put the label of "privatization" on it simply because he proposed permitting a small percentage of the contribution to be managed (not spent) AND OWNED by the contributors. STRANGE NEW CONCEPT TO DEMOCRATS---individuals being able to control something and own it instead of it being taken by the government.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-11-2006, 12:46 PM

Lee, Put The Pipe Down...

"I will sit up in my grave and laugh my butt off when you realize that you are paying a huge percentage of your income to support the retirement of millions of others that are beyond working age or are to lazy to work."
"to lazy to work."? - Check your spelling

Proof positive your hallucitatin'. When you're in your grave you'll be DEAD! I guarantee you won't be sitting up.

Bush's so called Social Security "plan" was a transparent ploy to make stock brokerages richer...(talk about being "blind"). So now you're trying to flunk economics?

I'm WAY TOO SMART to depend on Soc Sec for retirement. I'm already semi-retired. But I enjoy what I do and make too much money at it to stop. People that are TOO lazy to work are not my problem.

Next you'll be telling me how effective Reagan and Bush's tax cuts are at reducing gov't spending! Ha! What a sick joke!

Your new avatar should be "The Fool on the Hill". But you do have a terrific view from your house.
WGJ
Old 05-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
"I will sit up in my grave and laugh my butt off when you realize that you are paying a huge percentage of your income to support the retirement of millions of others that are beyond working age or are to lazy to work."
"to lazy to work."? - Check your spelling

Proof positive your hallucitatin. When you're in your grave you'll be DEAD! I guarantee you won't be sitting up. WGJ
You question my spelling and then use your fancy (non)word in the next sentence?????????

Of course I would be dead, but I would still sit up to laugh at the situation you got yourself into.

I would not depend on Social Security as a retirement either, but unfortunately that is all millions of Americans have because they have been sold the idea throughout their life by the Democrats. Instead of being told to save and plan for their retirement. It is just another "social" program that is either going broke or will break future generations to fund it if not changed as proposed by Bush.

You bad mouth Bush's tax cuts and his "failure to collect taxes". You need to actually analyze what has REALLY happened. More are working now than have ever worked before and total tax revenues are actually setting records. Proof positive that the tax cuts did spur investment and in turn generated MORE revenue for the federal government.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Hater

Quote:
You question my spelling and then use your fancy (non)word in the next sentence?????????

Of course I would be dead, but I would still sit up to laugh at the situation you got yourself into.

I would not depend on Social Security as a retirement either, but unfortunately that is all millions of Americans have because they have been sold the idea throughout their life by the Democrats. Instead of being told to save and plan for their retirement. It is just another "social" program that is either going broke or will break future generations to fund it if not changed as proposed by Bush.

You bad mouth Bush's tax cuts and his "failure to collect taxes". You need to actually analyze what has REALLY happened. More are working now than have ever worked before and total tax revenues are actually setting records. Proof positive that the tax cuts did spur investment and in turn generated MORE revenue for the federal government.

Lee
awww man, yer just hallustinaticotin.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 PM

First, Get A Sense Of Humor...

I was trying to make light of the fact that you seem to be completely divorced from reality...being drunk and high is likely to make one slur one's words. It's not that funny if I have to explain it...
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result:

Lee:
"You bad mouth Bush's tax cuts and his "failure to collect taxes". You need to actually analyze what has REALLY happened. More are working now than have ever worked before and total tax revenues are actually setting records. Proof positive that the tax cuts did spur investment and in turn generated MORE revenue for the federal government."

My response:
"Everybody knows that the Reagan tax cuts did not actually cause spending to come down in the 1980s; most people have surely noticed that the Bush I and Clinton tax hikes were followed by spending constraint in the 1990s; and the Bush II tax cuts certainly have not stopped Congress from spending like a drunken sailor recently. But then the plural of anecdote is not data, and until the starve-the-beast theory is conclusively discredited, tax cutters won't stop hiding behind it.

Well, now it has been discredited. Rauch cites William Niskanen, an economist who worked in the Reagan White House and now chairs the Cato Institute. Niskanen has crunched the numbers between 1981 and 2005, testing for a relationship between tax cuts and government spending, and controlling for levels of unemployment, since these affect spending and taxes independently. Niskanen's result punctures his own party's dogma. Tax cuts are associated with increases in government spending. The best strategy for forcing cuts in government is actually to raise taxes."
Sebastian Mallaby
Washington Post 05.09.06

You must get tired of being wrong:

1. "More are working now"...yes, attributable to population increase. Yeah, all those $7 an hour illegal aliens are doing wonders for the tax base.

2. "total tax revenues are actually setting records"...show me the money. Where'd you get this data? And even if that's valid, your boys, BUSH and THE CHIMPS are spending more than is coming in. Again, "and the Bush II tax cuts certainly have not stopped Congress from spending like a drunken sailor recently."

3. "Proof positive that the tax cuts did spur investment and in turn generated MORE revenue for the federal government."... PROOF POSITIVE! WHERE? Yet another of your endless litany of completely unsubstantiated assertions. You haven't proven your position on anything. Not once! SHOW ME THE "PROOF POSITIVE'.

I'M STILL WAITING for you to substantiate ANYTHING YOU ASSERT with something other than YOUR OPINION.

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. This 'dialogue' is rapidly approaching insanity, because I keep coming up with positions based on facts and all I get from you is the stereotypical Republian rant, with no credible documentation or substantiation from anywhere. You've shown me nothing but a profound ignorance of the issues. You refuse to do your "homework" or due diligence and provide something besides half baked opinions. Don't waste any more of my time if you are unwilling or unable to document your position.
For a guy with a masters you're doing very poorly at this school, with yet another failing grade. Your report card so far:
Logic...........F
Civics..........F
Humor.........D-
Economics....F
You're already on double secret probation, I don't think you are going to graduate.
WGJ

Lee, here's a chance to flunk History too:
The Roman Empire was destroyed from where, by what?

Remember what the doormouse said, "Feed your head, feed your head."
-Jefferson Airplane

Last edited by WGJ; 05-12-2006 at 02:15 PM.