Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Possible all Aluminum Radiator group buy

I ordered one as well, it was a little painful to part with the money considering my Silla is in fine shape. Just seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007

Last edited by Sean486; 04-10-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:35 PM

Registered SVX

I ordered mine on April 8th...does anyone know when they are supposed to be shipped out?
Old 04-19-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVX92 View Post
I ordered mine on April 8th...does anyone know when they are supposed to be shipped out?
In a word, no. I am guessing late May if we are lucky. (tweak design/jig, start production, get enough done to start shipping).
Old 04-19-2016, 08:45 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynethh View Post
In a word, no. I am guessing late May if we are lucky. (tweak design/jig, start production, get enough done to start shipping).
And also remember mine was the prototype once fitment was confirmed, and corrections were found, the full run of them is to be put into production.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:14 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Did you get feedback on the alignment issue after you reported your findings? Meaning are we 100% certain the fix doesnt need to be re-checked before the final versions are sent out?
Old 04-20-2016, 10:57 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflystyle View Post
Did you get feedback on the alignment issue after you reported your findings? Meaning are we 100% certain the fix doesnt need to be re-checked before the final versions are sent out?
yes I have been in contact with andy, he asked me if I had another car needing a radiator as he has another one made with the corrections and would like to test fitment, I however do not so he will send it to someone else for that. I hope that person will have it soon.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:32 PM

Registered SVX

Just ordered mine $295 + $61.57 shipping Priority Mail $356.57 Total
Old 04-27-2016, 03:43 PM

Registered SVX

Ive got one ordered and paid for also..
Old 05-09-2016, 08:30 PM

I too have ordered and paid for a radiator. You don't want to know what the total came to in Can$. I expect there will be some additional brokerage and customs charges when it arrives.
I didn't mention it to my significant other, it's best that way... you know, seek forgiveness rather than permission.

Sorry for the random first post, I've been lurking for quite awhile. Congratulations everyone on holding together an amazing forum, despite the inevevitable attrition there will be the occasional new owner to take up the torch. Thank you, it's been an invaluable resource both prior and since the purchase and helped me confirm to myself that it was possible to keep Subaru's amazing white elephant operational and enjoyable for another 25 years.

I will soon submit an introductory post, and yes Mr. Steele, I will also post my VIN and Option codes in the appropriate thread.

Regards,
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM

Got a status update from AMR on Facebook today.

"The 2nd unit with the changes Gene suggested is expected to be finished next week. The core is taking a bit longer for us to get as its a bit uncommon size for us, but as I mentioned before we decided to go with a thicker core than some other models we offer. Since we could squeeze it in, we decided to go thicker for you guys. Kept the price the same also since you all gathered together to make this happen.

I will be raising the price after this first group production is finished. Thsnks for your patience and most of all for everyone to come through. Got more than enough people paid up. All on us now, and we simply don't want to waste this opportunity to put the changes in place that Gene kindly recommended. It is the right thing to do. Again thanks Gene for the feedback.

Once we send this unit out and one of the group members verify our change we will of course move into production and I will order the materials to fulfill all the orders. We continue to get orders each week and anyone can order one till the 2nd unit is verified. Once production starts no more orders will be accepted and you will have to sign up and wait for another batch to come together. I will stock a few extra, but not many. My wedding is around the corner, so I will be a bit busy. My guys know what to do and who to send the 2nd unit to. Till then sit tight, kindly be patient. We are doing the best we can here, but also remember we have other orders to, and is a small business. We are not some large corporate entity. Thanks again to everyone that made this happen, we going to make you a rocking radiator."

Last edited by svxcess; 06-09-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:37 AM

Update from AMR on Facebook.

"Hello Gentleman, we've got the 2nd unit finished with the changes we made that Gene Ln had suggested. I recall a few people who had ordered a radiator had a blown one, but since their is a number of you I do not know which of you is in need of one in a hurry. I figure I send it to one of you guys, whoever ordered first among you to install this unit so you can get up and running, and verify the changes we had made to the fixture!

Thanks for everyone support, once our changes are verified we will stop accepting orders for these, and move to the next step which is ordering the parts we need, and get these manufactured."

So anyone order one and have a blown one? Email him to get one early (and be a product tester i,e. guinea pig) YMMV Gwyn

Last edited by svxcess; 06-09-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:05 PM

Registered SVX

Andy messaged me today on facebook, wanted all the pictures I took of the prototype, the first one and the modification I did to make it work. I think the first prototype was damn near right on I don't know why the second was off any.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Registered SVX

What is the meaning of the email AMR sent? It said it was an "Update" but all I got was a pic of a fan shroud...I was assuming they'd say somthing like " sorry it's been nearly 6 months but....." So does anyone know what this "update" means?

Last edited by DallasSVX92; 07-19-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

This what I got.

Hello there, this is Andy owner of AMR Engineering. I am still on my honeymoon, and finally got some internet, but wanted to personally update each and every one of you because it seems not everyone checks Facebook or the SVX Groups for updates. I didn’t want anyone to assume that we have forgotten about you, but we had been closed for a few weeks for my wedding, and simply have been very busy. We are a small business, and a smallI operation, so please keep that in mind.

I am still away until July 29th, but my guys are back at the shop and we are still moving forward with getting the issues fixed with the radiator. If you missed out on the post made by Arthur, regarding the 2nd unit that was shipped prior to our closing, then I apologize. Arthur was able to get the unit installed, and he is very happy with it, but he did have to do some minor grinding in order to get the fans to fit. Nothing major, but the tabs are still a bit off.

With the help of Gene we have sourced some STOCK OEM FANS, and we will be using these fans to fix the issue and test fit the units prior to delivery. In the past, We have been able to get away with making radiators without the stock fans but it seems that is not the case here, as we have tried twice with no luck. Close... but not close to where we want it to be. I know we can do better and, even though it is a minor issue, I do not want to produce 50 of these radiators knowing that we can Make gremlins perfect. I really want these to bolt on with little to no modification. Getting the stock fans will insure that is the case. For those who have already emailed us, and have been updated

I do apologize you are getting this email again, but this also gives me a chance to ask each of you if any of you are interested in the custom fan shroud we are also considering in making with dual slim fans. I wanted to see if there is any interested clients for such a part as we have offered these in the past. I have attached a picture for your reference. The cost of this upgraded shroud including the fans is estimated to run about $90.00. If this is something you are interested in, kindly let me know so I can see how many people would want to purchase the radiator using our shroud rather than the bulky stock OEM fans.

I really appreciate everyone’s patience, and I apologize that this is taking longer than I estimated, but we have a solid radiator here, and both clients have been extremely happy with the quality, and even with the minor fitment issue they had no problem modifying it to fit, and had no problem doing the modification. Even though it’s a minor issue, I am a perfectionist, and I know we can do better. Those who have already reached out to us have given us their blessing, and want us to continue what we are doing, and have all stated they are more than willing to wait for us to resolve this minor issue. I also appreciate everyone who took the time to congratulate me on my recent wedding, and for everyone giving us the time to spend with our families. Not too many people reached out to us, and I thank everyone for your trust. I assure you we are doing the very best we can here, and as much as I wish we could have gotten this right the 2nd time, we didn’t. All we can do is move forward, and do what we do best, and that is learn from it, and get the job done.

Again with the stock OEM fans on their way to us, that should solve the issue, and if we get enough interest then our custom fan shroud will also do the trick.

Thanks again for everyone’s support, and making this happen. Without you guys coming together this would have never happened, and since we have more than enough people on board this has become a reality.

Anyways I’m going to get back to my honeymoon, and enjoy the rest of the time I have left with my wife before I have to leave her again. I do have limited internet access as I am in a small province here in the Philippines. Internet is quite bad here. So if you do happen to send me a reply kindly give me time to get back to you.

Thanks again! Hope all is well!
Andy
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007

Last edited by svxcess; 06-09-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:09 PM

Any one have that picture of the slim line fans mentioned in the email? Will the electrical connectors for the stock fans be a plug n play..I sorta doubt that. I'm pretty happy with the OEM fans since they have lasted me 23 years without a glitch.