How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2002, 11:02 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

That was just . . . beautiful !
Agreed. Artfully put. Now, let's all practice a little "tolerance" here and get on with more important matters, like, "how many miles do you have on your rebuilt tranny?"

NOTE: Contrary to popular belief, "tolerance" and "acceptance" are NOT the same things.

To be truly tolerant, you must also be tolerant of the intolerant.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-29-2002, 11:29 AM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
I guess I'm the minority

Hey Dan, I have to say that I like the car. I hope to someday get my car painted yellow too. Here are my observations. I would want the roof to be black. I'm not really big on the dark colored rims. The wing is just a little too high. I like the scoop. The yellow is a pretty good shade. I prefer the '01-'02 Mustang (Bleah! Ford) or the '92-'96 MR2 yellow myself, but that one is pretty good. All together it looks pretty good. I envy the fact that you can all do this to your car. Just a couple of my spare pennies.
Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)
Old 03-30-2002, 01:04 AM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Thumbs up Don't Hate on Dan!

I read the comments about Dan's car, and here's mine.... Truthfully yellow is my favorite and I considered painting my car that color, but didn't have the money for the extra body/paint work involved in painting your car a different color....also I like the hood, it gives the car a more agressive look (just wished it came carbon fiber to take some weight off this "fat" girl). As for me I like the stock spoiler I wouldn't replace it because it compliments the car so well. Any rims are better than the stock rims just as long as they are 17's or bigger, and the finish on the rims should be determined by the color of your car and the look you are trying to achieve--tip: chrome isn't the racing look for imports All in all, I give much props to someone with the will to be different and show their effort!
Sincerely,
Joe
Old 03-30-2002, 01:33 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Guys,
Don't get me wrong here. I don't hate Dan. Dan can do what ever he wants to his car. It IS his car. On the other hand, he did asked for opinion and I gave him what he asked for. I too like yellow. I too like 17 inch rims. But I DO NOT believe that a fine car such as SVX should be riced. It's like ricing a limo or ricing a porche. You can rice them but they all look like junk. He asked for my opinion. He got it. He got pissed at it. Why asked for it in the first place. Thank you Kel for that comment.

Anyways. Do what you want. I am going to go find me a porche and put ICBMs on it and make it fly to the moon.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-30-2002, 01:04 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Guys,
But I DO NOT believe that a fine car such as SVX should be riced. It's like ricing a limo or ricing a porche. You can rice them but they all look like junk.
Lwin
(I can't believe I'm even getting involved in this.)

Anything can be riced if that's what the owner wants to do. Porsches? Heck, who do you think the ricers are emulating, anyway. Porsches come riced, right out of the box. (Does 'whale tail' or 'low profile' mean anything to you?)

All kinds of guys here are putting subs in their trunks and stuff, and nobody jumps on them, but when an owner replaces our precious little wing, Geez Louize, that just can't be done.

Then again Dan, like they said, "You asked".
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 03-30-2002, 01:09 PM
danrowski

lol...

Seraph,

I never got pissed at your comments at all. I never got pissed period. I just thought that these fellas on here that gave changed opinions every other day got kinda old. That was the point I was trying to make before that one guy went off and tried to tell me how things go. I am not mad at any of you guys, I don't really care what you think. It just seemed like the majority of you people took it personal. As for ricing out a porche, well I paid 9 grand for my svx, so I would hardly considered my svx something like a porsche. I am not looking to keep my svx either, I am just playing with it for awhile. Anyways, have fun!

Danny
Old 03-30-2002, 04:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Dan,

Here are my comments. Please don't take offense at them.
Overall, I like what you have done. I like the color and the hood scoop. Is the scoop functional, or is it a dummy?
My main dislike is the black color of the wheels. I don't care the dark color. I think the darkness detracts from the upbeat brightness of the car. I think the wheels should be either a light silver color, like the stock '97 SVX wheels or the same yellow color as the body.
I also thing you should a a double pin stripe in glossy black on each side of the car. See the pinstripe on my '97 in my locker or briefcase on the Yahoo SVX site.

Can you post more pictures of the interior? Do you have the brushed alum. panels over the wood? Also, what year is your car?

Larry III
PS: Now about Randy!!! "The king is dead; God save the king!"
Old 03-30-2002, 08:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Dan,

Also, what year is your car?

Larry III
PS: Now about Randy!!! "The king is dead; God save the king!"
Well, your majesty, if you'd bother to read Danny's signature, you'd see it was a '92.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-30-2002, 09:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Well, your majesty, if you'd bother to read Danny's signature, you'd see it was a '92.
To paraphrase an old saying: "I guess I shouldn't have counted my chads before they were punched free.

or

Et tu El Presidente !!

Larry III
Old 03-30-2002, 09:08 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

Et tu El Presidente !!

Larry III
Reminds me of a Shakespeare Play entitled "Julius! Grab Her Before She Gets Away!" After careful consideration, and upon advisement of his contemporaries, William shortened the title to, "Julius, Seize Her!"
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-30-2002, 09:51 PM
deadeye95

My goodness!!

1192 hits..this has to be a record for one thread...forget what the others think of your mods, think of the entertainment value to the others on the site!!

600 members, 1 million hits in a month, and now 1192 hits on a single thread.

danrowski - your post was great - your handle will be chanted with reverence.....
Old 12-01-2002, 10:43 PM
SPEracing

ooo my first post lol... i was bored before. http://www.speracing.com/svx.htm Doesnt look as bad but im just not feeling the rims and foglights.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:55 PM
not just a fan, a Member!

hey man... tried out the link... nice svx... but the website doesn't seem to sell anything for the svx??
Old 12-01-2002, 11:06 PM
SPEracing

Quote:
Originally posted by subafan
hey man... tried out the link... nice svx... but the website doesn't seem to sell anything for the svx??
lol all it was was danrowski's i just edited out his spoiler. as far as svx goes yeah there isnt much i can get for them but i can get basic **** like eibach and such. we dont hav every product we can get onn the site. we are still adding more and more stuff.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:24 PM
Green1995SVX

eibach doesnt make anything for the SVX.

Mike