Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
I must be right, no one argued with my statement
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
I hear there are bones that will curb the smell of doggy breath.

Landshark's wife gives him biscuits to fix his horsebreath.

mmmm.....horsey biscuits. makes my teef nice and shiny, too.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
mmmm.....horsey biscuits. makes my teef nice and shiny, too.
does it make you fart diamonds too?

i'm sorry for the hijack, back to the topic at hand please.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:11 PM
Hater

Quote:
does it make you fart diamonds too?

as a matter of fact, i .... <braaaaap!> ouch!

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
So why do you keep posting then???
I got tired of blaming Bush for everything that's wrong with this world, and decided to try something else for once. I suggest you do the same.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Bipa

It is very difficult to continue a discussion when faced with the following statements:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
But you have offered an awful lot of "proof" and not that much "argument".

You can spit out all the history and information about the two that you want. You can't prove to me that they never collaborated or assisted each other in any way. I go by what I know of the two men, and a little deductive reasoning/common sense, and I come to a rather solid conclusion.

Yes I haven't backed anything up because I really haven't said anything that needs backing up

To top it off, I don't have an entire hour to devote to this thread

Don't waste your time.
These statements are not only insulting, but show a lack of common courtesy. Your stated position reminds me of disagreements over religion where unprovable beliefs and strongly held credos are the main supporting arguments. Had I realized earlier that we were actually in a philosophical discussion based solely on opinion and belief then I would have proceeded differently.

On the 24th of February, 1616, the Cardinals of the Inquisition met, and after taking “evidence” from theological experts, they condemned the teachings of Copernicus. As a result, in 1633 Galileo was found guilty of heresy and condemned to lifelong imprisonment. On the 31st of October 1992, 350 years after Galileo's death, Pope John Paul II gave an address on behalf of the Catholic Church in which he admitted that errors had been made by the theological advisors in the case of Galileo. He declared the Galileo case closed, but he did not admit that the Church was wrong to convict Galileo on a charge of heresy because of his statements that the Earth rotates round the sun.

Conclusions based on belief cannot be altered. Only a fool would try. I am not a fool.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
I got tired of blaming Bush for everything that's wrong with this world, and decided to try something else for once. I suggest you do the same.

Since Im not one of the people who has (as much as I don't like em') "blamed Bush for everything wrong with the world", does that mean I should start??

Last edited by Rotorflyr; 09-18-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
It is very difficult to continue a discussion when faced with the following statements:

These statements are not only insulting, but show a lack of common courtesy. Your stated position reminds me of disagreements over religion where unprovable beliefs and strongly held credos are the main supporting arguments. Had I realized earlier that we were actually in a philosophical discussion based solely on opinion and belief then I would have proceeded differently.

On the 24th of February, 1616, the Cardinals of the Inquisition met, and after taking “evidence” from theological experts, they condemned the teachings of Copernicus. As a result, in 1633 Galileo was found guilty of heresy and condemned to lifelong imprisonment. On the 31st of October 1992, 350 years after Galileo's death, Pope John Paul II gave an address on behalf of the Catholic Church in which he admitted that errors had been made by the theological advisors in the case of Galileo. He declared the Galileo case closed, but he did not admit that the Church was wrong to convict Galileo on a charge of heresy because of his statements that the Earth rotates round the sun.

Conclusions based on belief cannot be altered. Only a fool would try. I am not a fool.

I have tried to be as respectful as possible. Again we are in a situation where comments are misunderstood as personal attacks when they really aren't. If you had been in arguments with me in the past, you would know that my entire time on this site is spent participating in (what i try my best to make) peaceful discussions. Whenever I am attacked by some frustrated participant, i always disregard any further comments from them unless I receive an apology or explanation for their words. There are a few members that I do get into heated discussions with, but these are members with whom I am well acquianted, and they understand the tone that I am using because they have experience with my style, as I do theirs.

So I apologize for anything that I have said, if you have taken offense to it. I do mean to be respectful, but also challenging at the same time. Don't be afraid to return the favor, as they say.

In response to your comments...

Your stated position reminds me of disagreements over religion where unprovable beliefs and strongly held credos are the main supporting arguments. Had I realized earlier that we were actually in a philosophical discussion based solely on opinion and belief then I would have proceeded differently.

But isn't that what this really is about? We are arguing because we have differing opinions. Facts are facts, and as long as sources are verified (and even sometimes when they aren't), facts can't really be effectively argued (well sometimes, but you know what I mean). So we are arguing about the differing conclusions that we have come to based on those facts. You choose the scholarly, objective route - coming to conclusions based on logical responses to the facts. I choose a more subjective route - dismissing some seemingly obvious conclusions because I know how human beings interact and how they react in certain situations, and these reactions don't often follow logic. Niether of us can prove we are right or wrong. However we can try to score points for our respective sides by swaying the opponent. That's what it's all about, right?

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
Since Im not one of the people who has (as much as I don't like em') "blamed Bush for everything wrong with the world", does that mean I should start??
For the love of God, no man. Don't do it. We have plenty of people who think they can run the world better than those who do it. Spend your time on something more constructive. Then vote when you have the chance.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Certified Porschephile

Haven't we drifted pretty far off the original topic? That Islamic Cindy is acting like her son was murdered by our government (her words) when he enlisted of his own free will, whatever his motives? That is still my contention. You sign, you serve. Seems fairly simple to understand regardless of your politics. No one wants to be a combat loss. But it happens. Want to not get killed in Iraq? Don't enlist. He could have also been killed in Bosnia, Somalia, Panama, etc... There is always a risk. Here is a fact for you to chew on. Not one of the first 102 U.S. deaths in Desert Shield, which came before Desert Storm, was combat related. Most were equipment accidents. Number 100 was run over by a forklift.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:30 PM

Quote:

four words for you Bipa:

I
told
you
so

oh yeah and a:

!

yes, i'm trying not be insulting while insulting at the same time

<no seriously, i'm joking.>
Old 09-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Bipa

Yes Noir, you warned me, but I couldn't just take your word for it. Had to see it for myself. Now I know. Thanks for trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Haven't we drifted pretty far off the original topic?
Yup....back on topic...

Casey Sheehan died to protect America, and spread Freedom and Democracy.

“In Iraq, people have come together to write a constitution that guarantees freedom for all Iraqi citizens. The document they have produced protects fundamental human freedoms, including freedom for women, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom of conscience, and freedom of expression. This constitution is the result of democratic debate and compromise, and the Iraqi citizens can be proud of what they have accomplished....

We will prevail because this generation is determined to meet the threats of our time. We will prevail because this generation wants to leave a more hopeful world for our children and grandchildren. We will prevail because the desire to live in freedom is embedded in the soul of every man, woman and child on this Earth. And we will prevail because our freedom is defended by the greatest force for liberation that humankind has ever known, the men and women of the United States Armed Forces.”
(Bush, Office of the Press Secretary, August 30, 2005
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0050830-1.html

Last edited by Bipa; 09-19-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:53 AM
SVXtra

Quote:
Want to not get killed in Iraq? Don't enlist

Does that go for Mr.Smith's daughter as well? Or only for parents who have lost children in Iraq?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Network Design Administrator

My second most succesful thread ever!

The joy!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Yup....back on topic...

Casey Sheehan died to protect America, and spread Freedom and Democracy.

“In Iraq, people have come together to write a constitution that guarantees freedom for all Iraqi citizens. The document they have produced protects fundamental human freedoms, including freedom for women, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom of conscience, and freedom of expression. This constitution is the result of democratic debate and compromise, and the Iraqi citizens can be proud of what they have accomplished....

We will prevail because this generation is determined to meet the threats of our time. We will prevail because this generation wants to leave a more hopeful world for our children and grandchildren. We will prevail because the desire to live in freedom is embedded in the soul of every man, woman and child on this Earth. And we will prevail because our freedom is defended by the greatest force for liberation that humankind has ever known, the men and women of the United States Armed Forces.”
(Bush, Office of the Press Secretary, August 30, 2005
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0050830-1.html
Amen! As an American, I'm proud of our accomplishments. Without us, Iraq would still be under a fascist regime and the golden arches of McDonald's would never grace the deserts of Iraq.

The truth: inside of heart of every Iraqi, there is a child yearning for a juicy McRib, supersized french fries, and a strawberry milkshake!

I salute you Casey Sheehan and Miss Smith for protecting our freedoms and spreading the good word. Jesus would have done no different!

Last edited by Noir; 09-19-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:40 PM

Quote:
The truth: inside of heart of every Iraqi, there is a child yearning for a juicy McRib, supersized french fries, and a strawberry milkshake!

I salute you Casey Sheehan and Miss Smith for protecting our freedoms and spreading the good word. Jesus would have done no different!

You only made one mistake, its not a strawberry shake they want, it's a Shamrock Shake!