Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 01:20 PM

Why Isn't Bush Being Impeached?

If you use the same criteria that was used to try to impeach Clinton shouldn't Bush be gone already?

Bush is Commander in Chief. There is a very long list of major f**kups that have happened on his watch, from Iraq to Katrina. If he were the Captain of a ship and ran into a sub or ran aground he would be immediately relieved of command. He should relieve himself of command. He should apologize to the
country and resign, taking Cheney and Rummy with him. I do not know of anyone in a position of authority anywhere in this country that has screwed up a fraction as much and as often as Bush and his admin. and still has their job. Actually many are either in jail or on their way...DeLay et al.
The Enron jerks are going to jail just for stealing money...how many PEOPLE has Bush gotten KILLED and how many BILLIONS pissed away?

Justify his existence...tell me SOMETHING he's done right.

WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 05-01-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Locker Link Solution

The above post is EXACTLY what I am talking about. We've already read this. Word for word in fact.

How about the tax cut. I know a lot of SMALL businesses that managed to raise their employee's salary and offer healthcare as a direct result. But that is fup apparently because some rich people got ahead too. The same people who dump more cash into the economy and privately fund new small startup businesses.

Oh, look! Now you have me defending him too.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

This thread is going in about 6 different directions. Given' me a headache.

No. I have never cheated on my taxes. What am I going to cheat on? Throw $400 worth of bogus medical expenses at the top of a schedule A? That should decrease my taxes by a whopping $12. I can't take mileage. No justification. I don't make that much anyway. I'm an electrical engineer, not a construction worker hanging out in a union. Supply and demand.... and all our demand is now with US companies in India. Nobody told me I'd make more money drinking beer and slinging a hammer... but that's a different gripe.

No, the bottom line is, most Americans don't make enough to cheat properly. That's left to the corporations with their headquarters down in Bermuda. Back to the original concern. It's a lot easier to cheat if you're pulling in a few million a year.

As for Matt's comments, I agree with most of it, especially the free-loaders. But teachers? Come on Matt, you didn't think that one out before your fingers went slamming on the keyboard. Leave em' alone. If they have a master's, they should be earning alot more than $40k. Nobody handed them that degree, regardless of the major. How much does a union electrician make? I'd say better than 40k regardless of where they are in this country.

Heck, a good 70% of my property taxes go to the schools, and I haven't any kids. Doesn't bother me. It falls under that "good cause" category. edgumakashun is kewl!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 05-01-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
If you use the same criteria that was used to try to impeach Clinton shouldn't Bush be gone already?

Bush is Commander in Chief. There is a very long list of major f**kups that have happened on his watch, from Iraq to Katrina. If he were the Captain of a ship and ran into a sub or ran aground he would be immediately relieved of command. He should relieve himself of command. He should apologize to the
country and resign, taking Cheney and Rummy with him. I do not know of anyone in a position of authority anywhere in this country that has screwed up a fraction as much and as often as Bush and his admin. and still has their job. Actually many are either in jail or on their way...DeLay et al.
The Enron jerks are going to jail just for stealing money...how many PEOPLE has Bush gotten KILLED and how many BILLIONS pissed away?

Justify his existence...tell me SOMETHING he's done right.

WGJ
I like this post so much, I want Speedklix to read it a third time.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:20 PM

And Now For Something Completely Different...

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the highway and nothing is moving. Suddenly a man knocks on the window. The driver rolls down his window and asks "What happened?"
"Muslims have kidnapped Don Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney and George Bush! They are asking for a $10 million ransom, otherwise they are going to douse them with gasoline and set them on fire! We are going from car to car, taking up a collection!"
The driver asks "How much is everyone giving, on average?"
"Oh, about a gallon."

WGJ
Old 05-01-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
"Oh, about a gallon."

WGJ
There is no way to convey just how hard I'm laughing.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
I like this post so much, I want Speedklix to read it a third time.
Good luck with your movement, I'll see ya when your party comes up with some plan for the country that isn't simply blame someone and boil them. I actually am a middle of the road guy unlike people on here that claim they are. I look for good solid ideas that help people, not bickering and Monday morning quarterbacks.

I'll leave you with this though... lets say you did impeach Bush... Who exactly did you think was going to replace him? Are you familiar at all with the presidential succession?
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:54 PM

Let Me Count The Ways

that Bush and his administrators have screwed the pooch. In the order I happen to think of them. Hard to keep track... And while I'm thinking of it, since I still have not gotten a cogent response to my previous question, "Why does Bush still have a job?" I've been meaning to ask those who keep referring to Moore's evil 9/11 movie this question:
If the movie is a preverification of the rankest sort, chock full o' lies, how is it no law suit was or has EVER even been FILED against Moore for libel, slander or defamation of character etc etc? It's not like there's a lack of Republican lawyers.

The List - I encourage additions...1 can't keep track of all the f**kups. Here's a few:

1. Insufficient IRS budget- 100's of BILLIONS uncollected.
2. Rich people shouldn't have to pay taxes - Big cuts for everyone making millions! Yay! Someone making $26M pays the same as people making $200K.
3. No child left behind- No white child left behind, little funding left anywhere.
4. Unilateral start of Iraq war - Daddy told him not to do it.
5. No post invasion occupation plan/Insufficient troops according to Powell and Zinni.
5. Bremmer- disbanding Iraqi army etc etc
6. Brown - "Hurricane, what hurricane? How's my new suit look?"
7. Chertoff - "What do you mean I need to send food and stuff to New Orleans?"
8. Port security - What port security? "Ya mean, actually look inside the containers?"
9. Immigration - "Papers? Papers! We don' need no stinkin' papers!" Lax immigration enforcement anyone? "OK, all you all millions of illegal Mexicans go home!"
10. Outing CIA operatives and their cover business - Valerie Plame got off easy, the over seas operatives are mostly DEAD!
11. BILLIONS pissed away unaccounted for in Iraq. Thanks Dick!
12. Abu Graihb - a national disgrace and the only senior officer punished, a woman who had no authority.
13. Illegal wiretapping - subversion of our Constitutional rights. Neo facsism anyone? Another national disgrace.
14. Bill Gates showing the leader of the country, China, that we now owe a TRILLION dollars, a more state-like and respectful dinner than Bush. (More national embarrassment)
15. No discussion with China about human rights - see 13. A large helping of hypocrisy gentlemen? Such diplomacy.
16. Condi and Rummy in Iraq - Cute couple. Too bad, they don't talk to each other in private but argue in public. (More national embarrassment.)
17. Darfur - Genocide is painless...'specially when it's on the other side of the world and it's darkies!
18. Bush to Powell - "What did you say Colin? I wasn't paying attention."
19. Bush to Zinni - "We don't need more troops, we need you to retire."
20. France - "That's the ticket, we'll take our immigration advice from France!"
21. 45 MILLION without health insurance...Think some of those 100's of BILLIONS in uncollected taxes could be used for a national health program?
22. Medicare - Why use the power of the gov't's buying power to lower drug costs so old people can AFFORD MEDICINE? "F**K 'EM! Big pharma needs the money!"
23. No gas tax - What would we do with all that extra money? Besides we can't afford a gas tax! Better it should go to Big Oil.
24. After we blow up Nevada we can move on to Iran?
25. Alright!!! A $100 gas rebate! WOW! I can be bought for 2 tanks of gas! Who do I see about joinin' this outfit?
26. "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED", "BRING IT ON" etc,etc and more malaprops (ad infinitum, ad nauseum) than in Professor Irwin Corey's entire career!
27. Why's Cheney's office exempt from reporting what they've classified like every other part of the gov't?
28. Libby - Can you hear the sound of dominoes falling? Fitzgerald smells conspiracy! (sound of Jaw's sound track).
29. Niger - "Uranium? We ain't got no stinkin' uranium!" Cheny and Libby are full of (sh)it. What's new?
30.Tom DeLay - Another national disgrace. The gerrymandering wasn't enough. "More power, Scotty!"
31.Claude Allen - "Money? I don't need no stinkin' money! Except for this mechandise I stold and now want to return for cash."
32. Endless use of the straw man arguement - It's enough to make a Sophist spin in his grave. Just another example of Bush's endless BS. Example:"Some say that if you're Muslim, you can't be free."
33. Haliburton - "What conflict of interest?" - Dick Cheney
34. Republican Ron Paul - Predicts Bush impeachment months ago. What on earth is he thinkin'?
35. Karl Rove - still THE subject in the investigation of outing Plame. Soon to be indicted? (Que Jaws soundtrack)
36. ILLEGAL TORTURE!
37. NEW ORLEANS
38. FLORIDA
39. NEW ENGLAND
40. Sneaking provisions to open up Alaska's Artic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling, in a defense spending bill. Like that'll make a difference.
41. Illegal spying!
42. Terri Schiavo - Talk about shameless exploitation...
43. Phasing out the $2000 tax credit for hybrids but leaving in place the $25000 tax write off for a Hummer.
44. Jack Abramoff - The Indians friend! Those "morons" and "troglodytes" get the LAST LAUGH.
45. Bush's signing statement on the TORTURE BILL.
46. "War Costs Poised To Reach $500B" - CBS NEWS HEADLINE 05 01 06
47. "Nobel Laureate Joeseph E. Stiglitz and Harvard budget expert Linda Bilmes plan to present this week a paper estimating the cost of the Iraq War at between $1-2 TRILLION" - 01 06 06
48. Failure to sign the KYOTO TREATY - "Global warming? What global warming?" More embarrassment.
49. Failure to fund the Army Corps of Engineers levee repairs in New Orleans.
50. Another 1400 plus American troops who will die in IRAQ THIS YEAR, and thousands of Iraqis.

"Other than telling us how to live, think, marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our children and, now, die, I think the Republicans have done a fine job of getting government out of our personal lives."

"WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE HIM A BLOWJOB SO WE CAN HAVE HIM IMPEACHED?!"
I didn't say this, I just wish I had...
Good night and good luck,
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 05-01-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Elected!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
"WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE HIM A BLOWJOB SO WE CAN HAVE HIM IMPEACHED?!"WGJ
You are elected to do the deed. You will probably enjoy it and I am sure you will fit right in.

BUT---of course it takes a little more than that. Bush would have to lie about it under oath to federal investigators.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-02-2006, 11:31 AM

There's The Cogent Response I Was Looking For...

WHAT A PATHETIC RESPONSE. Pretty sad when you can't come up with anything better than that...this from the guy who's constantly urging me to "think!"
Your man Bush and his administration are so bad you still can't come up with a SINGLE COUNTER to any of ONLY 50 Bush F**K UPS! I'm still waiting, for some time now, for an answer to what, if anything, Bush has done right.
You've managed to miss the point of every position I've posited.
Your positions, if presented in a freshman college class in logic, would be laughed out of class! You'd recieve an F! You've broken every rule of RATIONAL arguement.
No facts, just opinion.
And what arguments you put forth are so sophist, fallacious, illogical, irredeemable and bereft of cognition and evidence that the best you can come up with is a crude insult that only a complete WANKER would make.
It takes a man to admit his mistakes...but rather than carefully consider that there's a hell of a lot of evidence that Bush is an inept buffoon, you resort to making rude comments. Not one single shred of evidence, not a single counter to 50 well documented examples of the stupidity of Bush and the boys. Just a pathetic, emotional and juvenile rejoinder.
Don't you realize that when you're pointing your finger at me and urging me to "think!" that there are three of your fingers pointing BACK AT YOU!

Congratulations! God loves you...(can you guess why?)
Don't waste my time with anymore of your weak BS,
WGJ
Old 05-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the highway and nothing is moving. Suddenly a man knocks on the window. The driver rolls down his window and asks "What happened?"
"Muslims have kidnapped Don Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney and George Bush! They are asking for a $10 million ransom, otherwise they are going to douse them with gasoline and set them on fire! We are going from car to car, taking up a collection!"
"Oh, about a gallon."

WGJ
Yeah, like that joke hasn't been used on every president since Carter

Lets try a joke that is less than 20 years old...
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 05-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
I've been meaning to ask those who keep referring to Moore's evil 9/11 movie this question:
If the movie is a prevarication of the rankest sort, chock full o' lies, how is it no law suit was or has EVER even been FILED against Moore for libel, slander or defamation of character etc etc? It's not like there's a lack of Republican lawyers. WGJ
Please. Its the same way that Oliver Stone wasn't jailed for his JFK movie. "Artistic license" is a protected form of free speech for some stupid reason. If it wasn't we wouldn't be forced to watch all these damn junk science global warming BS movie trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
"Why does Bush still have a job?"
Simple. He is doing a better job than Gore or Kerry could ever have dreamed of.

A better question is if the Democratic party is so amazing, why can't they come up with a candidate that us independents will support?

Now if we get Feingold running in '08, then the dems will actually get some independent votes back that they have lost over the last decade.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 05-02-2006, 11:39 AM

Just When I Thought The Response From The Right...

Couldn't Get Any Dumber!

"Yeah, like that joke hasn't been used on every president since Carter"

"Please. Its the same way that Oliver Stone wasn't jailed for his JFK movie. "Artistic license" is a protected form of free speech for some stupid reason. If it wasn't we wouldn't be forced to watch all these damn junk science global warming BS movie trailer."

WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 05-02-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
Good luck with your movement, I'll see ya when your party comes up with some plan for the country that isn't simply blame someone and boil them. I actually am a middle of the road guy unlike people on here that claim they are.

Hey! Look!! An innuendo!! Wow!!

I look for good solid ideas that help people, not bickering and Monday morning quarterbacks.

Another one!! Incredible!!

I'll leave you with this though... lets say you did impeach Bush... Who exactly did you think was going to replace him? Are you familiar at all with the presidential succession?

Seriously, impeaching Bush on this scenario is automatically going to land Cheney in jail. After all, Bush is merely a smirking puppet. There will be an automatic domino effect, I'm just hoping it starts with him. Look up "Watergate".

This puts Condi in charge. I've got no problems with her. Well educated, thinks things through, just hitched her buggy up to the wrong team. Kind of like Powell.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
You are elected to do the deed. You will probably enjoy it and I am sure you will fit right in.

BUT---of course it takes a little more than that. Bush would have to lie about it under oath to federal investigators.

Lee
Oh, don't worry... He would. You think he would admit that to Laura? She almost kicked him out for being a drunk.

WGJ:

#24. Yeah... I caught that. We ain't got no WMD's! I swear it! Our Mayor in Vegas is a retired mafia attorney... That's pretty close to dictator.
(We love em' though, he's a funny guy! )