Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2008, 02:10 PM

Re: My new custom wing. What a freakin ordeal.

Johnybeas, I did it to fix a problem the svx has had since 92. It should have been designed and sold with my new wing on it in the first place. Therefore, thats why Ive done it and I think the new wing painted will give the svx the dream car status it would have had in 92 had it been sold with my new wing. Also, I did it to "have some fun". I did not do it to make you lose sleep at night.

svxash, the wheel are the regular 18" axis decades on the front and the axis decades with the maxxis lip on the rear. Thanks. Trust me though, the video does not do justice to the wheels. They are approx 50/50 chrome and stainless steel.
The maxxis lip in the rear really does live the car the rear drive muscle car look. Look it up.

Guys, it goes without saying doesnt it that I personally think that you are wrong and I am right. Also, its my car and I am going to do whatever I choose.

I will never put the wing on the svx again if you guys want to pay me to do so. The cost is $20K that you guys have to somehow pool together, turn it over to me, and I will lock it up forever.

The cost is so high because this is a free country, I am a free man, however I am giving up my design opinions for your piece of mind. This is a deal to have the car you love so much kept exactly the way that you like it which is "boring" and "no fun".

Deal ?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Also, my wing does make the car look better contray to my previous statement. I do though miss the original wing which, in my opinion, is pretty cool but not nearly as cool as my new wing.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan View Post
Johnybeas, I did it to fix a problem the svx has had since 92. It should have been designed and sold with my new wing on it in the first place. Therefore, thats why Ive done it and I think the new wing painted will give the svx the dream car status it would have had in 92 had it been sold with my new wing. Also, I did it to "have some fun". I did not do it to make you lose sleep at night.

svxash, the wheel are the regular 18" axis decades on the front and the axis decades with the maxxis lip on the rear. Thanks. Trust me though, the video does not do justice to the wheels. They are approx 50/50 chrome and stainless steel.
The maxxis lip in the rear really does live the car the rear drive muscle car look. Look it up.

Guys, it goes without saying doesnt it that I personally think that you are wrong and I am right. Also, its my car and I am going to do whatever I choose.

I will never put the wing on the svx again if you guys want to pay me to do so. The cost is $20K that you guys have to somehow pool together, turn it over to me, and I will lock it up forever.

The cost is so high because this is a free country, I am a free man, however I am giving up my design opinions for your piece of mind. This is a deal to have the car you love so much kept exactly the way that you like it which is "boring" and "no fun".

Deal ?
How about you keep to your promise of never comming back here?? Or will you refuse that just like you did the $ to whoever proved you wrong about selling the car for $20k. Seriously, this is one problem I think 8' of rope may not be able to solve.

Tom
Old 12-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Johnybeas, I did it to fix a problem the svx has had since 92. It should have been designed and sold with my new wing on it in the first place. Therefore, thats why Ive done it and I think the new wing painted will give the svx the dream car status it would have had in 92 had it been sold with my new wing.
A strongly disagree with these statements.

Quote:
I agree with this.

Quote:
This is a deal to have the car you love so much kept exactly the way that you like it which is "boring" and "no fun".
This could not be further than the truth.

Buch, you are by far the most eccentric person on this forum. Second being Subi-crosser then me in a distant third, so I know what I am saying here and I really think you need to get some perspective. Your wing is hideous and has only comical value. It has no function other than making you appear foolish, and with comments like above it would seem that is your goal.

Nobody here is going to stop you from doing what you're doing, in fact, I think what you are doing is being blown WAY out of proportion. It's just a wing, nothing more nothing less, though most of us agree a little less would be saying a lot more.

We get that you are cool with your "design". You knew from the start nobody here would really like it, but you showed it off anyway, twice, even before it is complete. If you ask me, the only "freakin' ordeal" is the crap you are making yourself go through arguing with people about what you are doing, or thinking, or in one case, not doing.

I don't know what else to say other than finish the wing, get some decent quality pictures (the youtube vids suck balls), and post them here at your own risk. If you can go out and get vids of people actually admiring, we will eat our proverbial hats (though I do not doubt there are more Buchs out there).

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 12-07-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:03 PM

Whos arguing ?

Im not arguing. When did I argue.

I just like my wing.

Im just sitting here waiting to get my car back so I can drive it.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 PM

Im also not eccentric.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Im also not eccentric.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Registered SVX

I say to each his own. I know the MK IV Supra's had a big wing on the rear. Maybe if it weren't taller than the roof line of the car more people would like it. Does the trunk open without the wing hitting anything?
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 12-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
I disagree.

I disagree.

Find the edit button.

ec⋅cen⋅tric
–adjective
1. deviating from the recognized or customary character, practice, etc.; irregular; erratic; peculiar; odd: eccentric conduct; an eccentric person.

–noun
6. a person who has an unusual, peculiar, or odd personality, set of beliefs, or behavior pattern.

--
I think I just got reverse psychologied.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:17 PM

Im also not eccentric.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:20 PM

truck opens fully.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:26 PM

wow, that makes everyone eccentric. Okay, we're all eccentrics or just freaks.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 PM

we are all eccentrics. What makes me different from you is that I an a prophet, visionary, bold thinker.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:44 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
truck opens fully.
Ah, but does the trunk open?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
No, as you should well know some people are VERY boring, living every day with the same routine, never changing. We have a few of those around here.

You're a not boring person but the problem is you don't exactly go with the flow, you kind of row against it and that is what makes you and I eccentric. The other guy has a completely different reason (we'll leave him be), but the point is while there is nothing wrong with your antics they are casting some odd shadows over your head (or [lack of] avatar in this case), and you are right now a very tiny minority within a group that in itself is a secluded minority of a semi-popular non-majority.

You're weird and you know it. You very well maybe be a visionary but it is not for any reason thus spoken or anywhere contained on this forum.

I think what makes me different from you is I am willing to go much farther in my antics, but with a bit more foresight and without taking it into the real world.

You're a silly person, Buch, in an uh-oh sort of way. That is you in a nutshell.