Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
They exist to control the money supply,
EXACTLY.

BUT!

Quote:
attempt to keep inflation in check, and attempt to provide stability to the economy. This is done through the adjustment of interest rates and issuance of government bonds.

That is very rudimentary, but a basic overview. Btw are you saying that we should or should not go back to a gold standard for our currency?
They do not provide stability for the economy. The evidence of this is that for the amount of time they have been "in power", we have seen 3 depressions, countless (endless!) wars, and the largest rate of inflation ever in the history of the world in a very short time span. The dollar (or any other monetary unit of the US) is weaker than it has ever been. Interest creates debt. The issuance of bonds creates MORE DEBT.
The gold standard would be better than what we have, but seeing as the US has very little gold we can't do that. I don't think that is the best idea anyway. I think the US treasury should issue it's own interest free paper money.

I do not wish to contend these points because I got them from the documentary I posted and they are not necessarily my own. If you have 3.5 hours, watch it and tell me what you think. From what I can see, the Fed is a horrible, illegally legitimized organization that benefits VERY few people.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
BTW, the way I'm finding these videos is I just saw a list in a Youtube comment.
I'm just spending my freetime going through it. I'm on number 4.

Quote:
Please Please RESTORE OUR REPUBLIC
Watch these on Google Video:
1. "Freedom to Fascism"
2. "Aaron Russo: The? Architecture of the Prison Planet"
3. "Money Masters"
4. "Money As Debt"
5. "Fiat Empire"
6. "David Ray Griffin-911 Commission Report: Ommissions and Distortions."
7. "Zeitgeist"
8. "Theft by Deception"
9. " David Ray Griffin - 911 and the American Empire (2005)"
10. " September Eleventh Should the truth be revealed or concealed?"
Vote RON PAUL 2008
Liberty~Peace~Prosperity

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-16-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to UPnorth362
The fed does not create depressions, or inflation. If you looked up to me, and I told you some things that were not true, and you knew nothing about what I was telling you. Would you believe me? Because that is what is happening to you, when you listen to that group of corrupt souls. Our country is in the situation it is, which is not bad at all, if you look at the rest of the world because we dont export sh!t anymore. Now there is quite a few other reasons. But just to keep you statements in check, have you seen our national debt lately? Its not looking so bad.
IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

92 Liquid Silver SVX LS-L
Old 10-16-2007, 06:46 PM

do you want to know why wealthy people are wealthy, and poor people are poor. Because they think about money differently.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
EXACTLY.

BUT!

They do not provide stability for the economy. The evidence of this is that for the amount of time they have been "in power", we have seen 3 depressions, countless (endless!) wars, and the largest rate of inflation ever in the history of the world in a very short time span. The dollar (or any other monetary unit of the US) is weaker than it has ever been. Interest creates debt. The issuance of bonds creates MORE DEBT.
The gold standard would be better than what we have, but seeing as the US has very little gold we can't do that. I don't think that is the best idea anyway. I think the US treasury should issue it's own interest free paper money.

I do not wish to contend these points because I got them from the documentary I posted and they are not necessarily my own. If you have 3.5 hours, watch it and tell me what you think. From what I can see, the Fed is a horrible, illegally legitimized organization that benefits VERY few people.
The fed cannot prevent recessions or depressions. What they do is help to alleviate/lessen them (duration or strength). They obviously have nothing to do with war. Yes issuing bonds creates debt, BUT bonds are issued because that is HOW they control the money supply. The amount of currency in circulation is a contributor to inflation/deflation. Bonds are issued to pull money out and bought back to give a shot in the arm if you will to the cash flow. My dad is VERY knowledgeable in these ares I may hit him for some info tonight as I am just a college student who knows what the books say, but haven't seen the books in action as it were.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362 View Post
do you want to know why wealthy people are wealthy, and poor people are poor. Because they think about money differently.
That doesn't even mean anything.

The Fed is the center of corruption in America. It's the cancer. If you believe otherwise, there is no hope.
Look, I am no economist, so I can't say truthfully one way or another, but I do know that people including our best presidents have been fighting central banking for hundreds of years, and those that haven't have deeply regretted it (Woodrow Wilson). There are BETTER alternatives.

Money created with attached debt is a cancer to everyone required to use this money. That. Is. Truth.

You do not benefit from the current system. I don't care how rich you think you are.
You cannot change my mind about any of this. If I cannot change your mind, please just ignore me altogether. I am not a fan of inefficiency and to me commenting back and forth between people who can never agree is largely a waste of time and effort. Further positive comments on the Fed directed towards me will simply be ignored for I believe they are misleading.

--If you have not yet watched that long video, watch this one:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

It is only 47 minutes long but has most of the same information with less in depth history and is far easier to digest.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-16-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:00 PM

I guess I need to better understand what you are proposing then. Seeing as basically the whole world is set up on a monetary exchange system, I cant see going back to the days of trade. Our system works, but we need to get some better politicians in office. The problem with this is too many people pay to much attention to what the media has to say, instead of actually paying attention to what is going on around them.

As for our economy, we need to bring jobs back into the country. To may business are outsourcing, importing, assembling from foreign parts, or hiring cheep illegal workers for low wages, all in the hopes of turning a better profit. Right now our economy suffers from lack of fair wage jobs. If people cant make more than enough money to support them selves, and there family, they cant buy. If people dont buy, our business suffer and lay off workers, or outsource. this cycle is what affects our economy, which is the very essence of the word.
Look at Michigan. The state where I was borne, and raised. Detroit was once one of the top revenue cities in America, and when its business started feeling the pressure, look what has happened. Our country has lost its creative, hard working, proud to be an American edge... to i just want a 9 to 5, expect everyone to give me everything without having to work for it, boy look at America its broken attitude.

In my opinion, trash every TV in America. Get people off there obese A$$es, and lets do something about what we are complaining about.Politicians on either side of the fence are not going to do it for us, and neither is government health care, and the rest of the other ridicules BS they are trying to force feed people. Where do we start? Take a look in the mirror.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
I can't whole-heartedly disagree with any of that but I do think jobs are being outsourced because:

-people want more money
people want more money because:

-they need more money to survive
people need more money to survive because:

-the dollar falls and falls and falls in power
the dollars gets weaker because:

-the Fed is out of control
the fed is out of control because:

-centralized banking is a corrupt system that does not work
centralized banking is corrupt and does not work because:

-it is run by corrupt people whom do not "work".
it is run by corrupt people because:

-???
Why is the system run by corrupt people?

--
Off topic, where in Michigan were you born? I was born in Oscoda, (Iosco County). My parents were stationed at Wurtsmith AFB. We left when I was 2 and the only other time I've been there was when I was 16, on a road trip while staying with my Grandmother(s) in Detroit for that summer.
I have a lot of heart in Detroit and Michigan in general. I know what has happened, I've seen and felt it and it makes me angry, among other things.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 05-16-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: life story 9_9
Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Banned

Red face ygtbkm

then you need to be in james glickenhaus' forum. he likes to talk about vintage ferraris and porsches as daily drivers though, in NYC.
Quote:
Finally a post that make sense... This interesting to me being a econ/ finance major. What do you mean by explain the function of the Fed?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by porschekiller View Post
then you need to be in james glickenhaus' forum. he likes to talk about vintage ferraris and porsches as daily drivers though, in NYC.
And yet another post for the abyss of pointlessness and stupidity. What did I expect though? Surely not a response demonstrating your rapier sharp intelligence and ability to read almanacs.

Hey, laugh away but with both of my majors I wont be tending or owning a bar for my career.....

I have lived in NYC.... It is overrated, Boston is much better.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5

Last edited by sicksubie; 10-16-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Banned

Thumbs down I love that dirty water, Boston you're my home

of course you'de like a commonwealth with a govenor who let the agent off for killing a mother at ruby ridge
Quote:
And yet another post for the abyss of pointlessness and stupidity. What did I expect though? Surely not a response demonstrating your rapier sharp intelligence and ability to read almanacs.

Hey, laugh away but with both of my majors I wont be tending or owning a bar for my career.....

I have lived in NYC.... It is overrated, Boston is much better.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Banned

Angry economists

you dont see too many economist millionaires, unless they've written a text book. you dont have the patience or insight for any of that. i think you'de make a great drill instructor though-loud and overbearing. you sure you're not a red faced irishman.
Quote:
HAHAHAHA...... Sheep, sheep dogs, wolves, "pulling the wool over your eyes" this thread is great.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 AM

Economics was an after thought because I enjoy it.... Finance, specifically the venture capital side of it is what I am focusing in. Unless you own Cheers...........
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Lightbulb you're only 21

this is what i wish someone had told me 9 years ago. college isnt going to teach you how to make money. i've seen guys become millionaires starting out with just a credit card and making the right investments. it takes balls and obsessiveness bordering on insanity. my bar has won the best sports bar four years running and it's only been open for 5. i'm also sitting in a 1.2mil home in boxford. you can see the chandalier from 95north after exit 51. investors never really own anything, because the grass is always greener somewhere else. you have to be an opportunist in the land of opportunity.
Quote:
Economics was an after thought because I enjoy it.... Finance, specifically the venture capital side of it is what I am focusing in. Unless you own Cheers...........
Old 10-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

Wink missed this

stonehenge is in, uh, england
Quote:
Yet another gem.... Druids are from IRELAND The more you talk the dumber you look.

Shinto was the state religion until the end of WWII. It is still widely practiced throughout Japan and recognized as it's native religion.