Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Bipa

Yes, there was a meet of Porsche tractors last summer that made the local papers. I'll see if I can dig up more info about them for ya.... after I get some sleep

Nice pic, Lee... does yours have all the little extra luxuries like air conditioning, heating, radio/CD etc etc? My landlord has a big beast that looks a bit similar to yours and his has all the extras. I was actually quite shocked when I first learned that you can get tractors with all that stuff nowadays. But then, I've only lived on a real working farm for about a year now so I'm still easily surprised by stuff. Like the size of pigs. I never realized how huge a sow can get.....or how cute newborn piglets can be. Got to see a bunch only about 5 hours after birth.

Aww...heck..... I need sleep or else I'm gonna get maudlin.

G'night y'all and have a pleasant evening
Old 06-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Dent Doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
I see u rented a UHAUL trailer. Did you dent your doors when you got out like I did
I had a similar problem the first time I rented one. I actually opened the window and crawled out and left it open--small window for me to crawl out of on the SVX. THEN I FOUND OUT---the left fender on the U-Haul trailer folds DOWN allowing you to open the door. It is still tight with your weight in it, but it will clear the tires and let you open and close the door.

I was mad because the U-Haul guys never told me that and still haven't. They just assume you know it, I guess.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-06-2006, 07:49 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I had a similar problem the first time I rented one. I actually opened the window and crawled out and left it open--small window for me to crawl out of on the SVX. THEN I FOUND OUT---the left fender on the U-Haul trailer folds DOWN allowing you to open the door. It is still tight with your weight in it, but it will clear the tires and let you open and close the door.

I was mad because the U-Haul guys never told me that and still haven't. They just assume you know it, I guess.
Lee
Thats nice to know a year after the fact, they didnt tell me anything about the "folding fender"
Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 AM

Ok Lee You Successfully Hijacked This Thread...

I protest! Breaking out a photo of that (your?) tractor was really sneaky! You have been paying attention to Rove. But I gotta tell you man, that's a tractor!
That thing is COOL. COOLER even than TWO SVX's. I would really like to know more about it. YOU should start a non-SVX MACHINE thread. We could talk about everything from Porsche tractors to cameras to firearms. That sort of stuff is definitely your area of expertise. What do ya say? Then we can return this thread to the pressing issue of the Iraq war. demonsvx has made some fine points about Iraq that need addressing.
Well?
WGJ
Old 06-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
I protest! Breaking out a photo of that (your?) tractor was really sneaky! You have been paying attention to Rove. But I gotta tell you man, that's a tractor!WGJ
You are right of course. I do not own the tractor, but it was mine in the sense that I was essentially the exclusive driver for a couple years. A very good farmer friend of mine had a stroke and I helped him and his family out for a couple years until he recuperated enough to drive it himself. What would I do with a tractor of that size on 30 acres? He was farming 3000 acres of wheat country in Western Okla ( where I do still own a small place and in fact still store 2 of my cars). The tractor has a 6 cyl deisel engine like the ones in over the road 18 wheelers--putting out 450HP. It has an automatic transmission with 12 forward gears. It will do a little over 35 on the road and can pull a 30 to 50 foot implement at 10MPH in the field. As you can see in the picture the 8 tires are each over 6' tall (I am 6' tall). It does have AC and a stereo. The drivers feet are 8' above the ground when sitting in the cab. A tractor like that costs in approx $125K. BIPA would be proud to know that this tractor is one of two designs that replace the traditional tractor design for large farming operations. One of them was designed and produced initially in Canada--the Versatile. This one actually started as a Steiger design. As farmer Joe, I also learned to drive a combine to harvest wheat that took a 30 foot swath at a time and an 18 wheeler to haul the wheat. Fun times for an older geezer.

I do own a tractor here, but it is a very old Ford tractor that was one of two originally belonging to my father. It is a 1952 Ford 8N tractor.

How is that for continuing to hijack this thread.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 06-07-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
Quote:
You are right of course. I do not own the tractor, but it was mine in the sense that I was essentially the exclusive driver for a couple years. A very good farmer friend of mine had a stroke and I helped him and his family out for a couple years until he recuperated enough to drive it himself. What would I do with a tractor of that size on 30 acres? He was farming 3000 acres of wheat country in Western Okla ( where I do still own a small place and in fact still store 2 of my cars). The tractor has a 6 cyl deisel engine like the ones in over the road 18 wheelers--putting out 450HP. It has an automatic transmission with 12 forward gears. It will do a little over 35 on the road and can pull a 30 to 50 foot implement at 10MPH in the field. As you can see in the picture the 8 tires are each over 6' tall (I am 6' tall). It does have AC and a stereo. The drivers feet are 8' above the ground when sitting in the cab. A tractor like that costs in approx $125K. BIPA would be proud to know that this tractor is one of two designs that replace the traditional tractor design for large farming operations. One of them was designed and produced initially in Canada--the Versatile. This one actually started as a Steiger design. As farmer Joe, I also learned to drive a combine to harvest wheat that took a 30 foot swath at a time and an 18 wheeler to haul the wheat. Fun times for an older geezer.

I do own a tractor here, but it is a very old Ford tractor that was one of two originally belonging to my father. It is a 1952 Ford 8N tractor.

How is that for continuing to hijack this thread.

Lee

is that old ford painted the original blue and yellow?
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
The Truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
is that old ford painted the original blue and yellow?
Actually it is the original gray and new rust--well maybe not to new.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
That's not a tractor...that's Ford's new SUV!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
That's not a tractor...that's Ford's new SUV!
I thought all Ford SUV's came with a cell phone attached to a self important middleaged woman, and an automatic lane wobbler suspension with Anti-Red Light brakes?

No auto ding mechanism built into the door either. You mean the owner actually has to manually slam the door into someone else in parking lots?

This ain't no Ford SUV I've ever seen.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Here's someone with the Gonads of an Elephant:

Not me.

I think it's a brave act on his part. He's standing up against a huge majority in the military, and he know's he's going to pay dearly.

He'll end up a Senator. Heck, if Bush can get the presidency being a sneaky coward about Vietnam, this guy standing up should inherit the kingdom.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 06-07-2006, 11:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
personaly i think its going to end up as fruitless as not signing up for the draft when your 18... i was temped to protest but.... then i saw what happens when you dont sign up
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
You are more than Bush haters--you are anti-military and anti-American.

Lee
You forgot that these people are anti-Lee. These people are allowed to have opinions different from yours, no?

I mean hell, they pay taxes too ya know.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
Strange how our Founding Fathers knew what the world would come to
not too terribly strange. these things tend to be cyclical.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
I was thinking you probably have a survival school area set up with an underground vault hidden with a stash of guns, and 3 monitor cameras per 100 square feet.
what's wrong with survival school, vaults, guns, and camera's ya hippie?

stick to the gange and leave us gun toting, trigger happy survivalists alone mmkay?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
what's wrong with electronic gadgets, hookers, and champagne cocktails?

stick to the gange and leave us horse-faced, skateboarding, $10 BJ hustlers alone mmkay?

whatever you say, chicken-neck.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)