Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Crash

bravo Jarod!
I agree that a well BUILT motor is the best platform and probably the most reliable. I am going to make a turbo kit tommorow for about a dollar. I am going to get in my friends tricked out supra with a microphone, record his spool up and blow off valve blasting and record it. Burn it and stick it in my stereo. Stomp on the gas and press play baby! Little lag and almost like the real thing, minus the $$$$$$

Who is with me?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Porter
As someone who has put forced induction on more than one naturally aspirated 10:1 compression Subaru, I can say without a doubt that an SVX motor would do very nicely at ~6psi on pump gas, as long as it was tuned properly.

Ah... there's the rub. TUNING. The magic element that makes all the craziness possible. Yes, it is possible to run 12psi into 10:1 compression on pump gas in a Subaru motor. It requires a lot of tuning, way beyond what a stock ECU can provide. I've driven such a car... it was like making it with the prom queen. Amazing. That particular vehicle had an Electromotive TEC-II engine management system and was tuned by Shiv Pathak at Vishnu. It is STILL running 12 psi into 10:1 compression, three years and 40,000 miles later.

On the other end of the spectrum, there is a Subaru motor in Texas making 712hp at 14psi out of 2.4L of displacement. I've seen the dyno graphs. It drinks several liters of fuel a minute, but you have to pay to play. I think that motor cost upwards of $20,000 to build and tune.

Thankfully, I have a 4 wheel dyno at work and we do ECUtek tuning, so we can fix just about any tuning problem that exists on a Subaru turbo motor. Too bad it doesn't work on the SVX ECU... I'd be all over it. I think an SAFC-II is in my future.

Anyway, I just thought I would stick my head in on this thread... hello everybody. I'm waiting to see if longassname actually comes forth with details on what's been remapped in his mysterious "sport chip". Hmmm...

By the way, another good read is "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell. I recommend it highly.

-Porter

P.S. - good comments in this thread, Dayle. Way to represent.
I was of the same opinion about the Tec II Electromotive system. I don't think that 12 psi will be possible on the SVX, but I do plan to try it, to see if it will work. My turbo is capable of producing that level of boost. I was thinking more like 8 psi, based on effective compression ratios. Then again, if I was a master tuner like shiv, I might be successful at 12.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash
bravo Jarod!
I agree that a well BUILT motor is the best platform and probably the most reliable. I am going to make a turbo kit tommorow for about a dollar. I am going to get in my friends tricked out supra with a microphone, record his spool up and blow off valve blasting and record it. Burn it and stick it in my stereo. Stomp on the gas and press play baby! Little lag and almost like the real thing, minus the $$$$$$

Who is with me?
MMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 04-20-2004, 11:37 PM
no limitation as limitation

my friend has a lot of mods on his car it's not an sti but the engine is the 2.5 bullet prof set up from cobb instaled by EIP. a short list he gave me :

his gear box is the MRT drag/road box the mechanical max speed is 187.5mph and its bulletproof (note it fits into and impresa-legacy 5-sp box so we could put it in a five speed conv.)
he also has upgraded lim.slip diffs. from MRT

EJ25 Phase II High Pressure Die Cast Short Block (2.5L Displacement) Strong Billet 4340 Steel Connecting Rods
Custom 100mm Turbo Forged Aluminum Pistons (8.5:1 CR) Heavy-Duty Chromoly Piston Pins Anti-Friction Piston Skirt Coating Ceramic Piston Crown Coating Turbo Specific Piston Rings
Modified Forged Chromoly Crankshaft (79mm Stroke) Fully-Closed Deck modification Wire-Ringed Cylinder Deck Computerized Balance of rotating assembly
Specially Machined Block w/ improved oil and water passages.

And thats just from cobb he wont tell me what eip did but they can make a daily driver i4 VW with 900 hp so who knows what they can do on a sube. on a short runway in salisbury he broke 177 mph (before he got scared). the turbo he uses is large for the car a smaller setup with two turbos in parallel would be more efficent but EIP tuning opted for the NO2 for cost and reliability(no2 is only when he races or shows off for some women). since he spent most of his budget on the drivetrain and the engine is tricked out by cobb tuning. its safe to say that he has spent in aftermarket alone more than the msrp for the car. IT MUST BE NICE TO HAVE THE POCKET CHANGE TO THROW AROUND.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:30 AM
newageoutlaw911

regarding other turbo cars

If you guys really wanna be fast like these fast supra's and eclipses then forget it, ain't gonna happen with svx. Go get a 90-96 TT 300zx. I drive a 92' Ls-l svx 5-speed from a 2002 wrx with 4.11 front differential ratio I have lost my top speed significantly because @ 140mph, it's at 5000rpm!. The engine gets so loud as if its gonna break and I never would wanna do that. But if and only if you're crazy enough to race in the rain, then u'll forget about turbo or blowing the eg33 cuzz it'll eat these mkII or wat eva's running around stock, and lets not talk about how much better it turns compared to other cars. Svx is a luxury sports anyways so do no try to race it because you will only end up breaking stuff and just end up buying expensive parts from subaru because we love our car to the extend that we don't put used parts on it. so save that money and invest on turbo nissans or if u're really a horizonally opposed freak then we have wrx's and it's bigger brother sti here. Hack I've still yet to see a fast sti in the states. (has anyone heard that mitsubhisi will be sold to another company) maybe lancer would be shut down. if evolution shuts down then subaru won't even to try improve the sti cuzz there won't be no competion.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:34 AM
newageoutlaw911

Also forgot to say that we do not even have money to pimp out the svx because we are trying to repair this car the whole time. My svx seems to know when i have extra money cuzz as soon i have extra money, it starts to give me problems.....does this happen to anyone else?
Old 04-27-2004, 01:45 AM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Yes, it happens to me....a lot.

Quote:
Originally posted by newageoutlaw911
Also forgot to say that we do not even have money to pimp out the svx because we are trying to repair this car the whole time. My svx seems to know when i have extra money cuzz as soon i have extra money, it starts to give me problems.....does this happen to anyone else?

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms
Old 04-27-2004, 03:07 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
you say to get a tt 3z huh? well i probobly see one of those about 3 times a week. My bro has one and has dumped buko bux into it and is running mid to low 13's. They are all but uncommon cars. The reason as to why someone wants to make the svx fast is, cuz its a freaking awsome car and no harm can come from making a good thing even better. Hey, i love my svx and don't want to hurt it, but she is just begging for more speed. 5 speed and stage 2 will do me fine and will prob land me in the 12's range but i want a lower gear ratio like 3.70 cuz i will still have the top speed to tear it up at 150mph plus. Let people force induction our cars because it is all too awsome. The SVX is slow and to make it fast is just a huge accomplishment in and of itself. So rock on u guys and bless us with your knowlege of turboing and supercharging and nitrousing our sweet @$$ rides.

From the true heart of Tomssvx a man who will only repair his svx cause he cannot afford to pay for food no less fi his svx.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:55 PM

keep up the good work

Just do what you feel will work for your car,hell people don't think I have a 14.7 fwd svx on motor .Really all you need is a good nos setup say a 100 shot and you will never think forced induction again.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:35 AM

Re: regarding other turbo cars

quote: we love our car to the extent that we don't put used parts on it.

i would so put used parts on my car if there were any....but yeah the car is EVIL i sware there is a black hole in the driver's seat that sucks the money right out of my pants... but these are the risks we take to look cool because thats the only reason people buy an SVX ,to look cool to the opposite sex<or same depending on preference> we would have the same problem driving a porsche or a BMW 815i <my favorite Bemma> so what can you do. i say rock out your car till "THE MAN" makes it illegal and dont forget always bring the **** and/or noise. "you cant hold no grove if you ain't got no pocket."
Old 04-29-2004, 12:37 AM

ok the sensor got that one the word was F U N K like the music stile <eg parliment F UN K-adellic> intresting thing this sensor is.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:06 AM
Phil & Belha

Re: Re: regarding other turbo cars

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
we would have the same problem driving a porsche or a BMW 815i <my favorite Bemma>
Is that an 8 series with a 1.5 litre engine?
Old 04-29-2004, 12:54 PM

no it has a 5.0 leter V12
Old 04-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
no it has a 5.0 leter V12
Therefore it's an 850, not an 815.

Todd
Old 04-29-2004, 04:46 PM
deruvian