Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
As for your "buddies" in Iraq, I call Bull sheets. I have several, and I mean several friends, and that's not how they feel. They do as they are told, and anything otherwise is considered grounds for non-judicial punishment.
How dare you! At least they are in the Army and Marines to fight and not be some officers comfort boy
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 04-26-2006, 11:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
I have several, and I mean several friends,
SURE, you do.....
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5

Last edited by sicksubie; 04-27-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Well.....

Quote:
5 Years in Vietnam? That's 15 consecutive 4 month tours on battlefield. Did you get lost?
I don't know where you get 4 month tours--that must be Navy. The Army tours were for 1 year at a time unless voluntarily extended. I actually served 2 extended tours with some stateside training and other foreign assignments in between. Lol, but even those foreign assignments involved operations in support of Vietnam.

But another observation----If it had not been for people like you and John Kerry we would have won the Vietnam War going away. Militarily we had them on the ropes numerous times and could have won easily without civilian leadership restrictions. I think that is what makes many Vietnam vets bitter is that they were not permitted to win and flakes like you, Kerry, Fonda etc, in the USA totally misrepresented what was going on. I see the same pattern beginning to develop now but it is anti Bush bashing instead of pacifism.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-27-2006, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
But another observation----If it had not been for people like you and John Kerry we would have won the Vietnam War going away. Militarily we had them on the ropes numerous times and could have won easily without civilian leadership restrictions. I think that is what makes many Vietnam vets bitter is that they were not permitted to win and flakes like you, Kerry, Fonda etc, in the USA totally misrepresented what was going on. I see the same pattern beginning to develop now but it is anti Bush bashing instead of pacifism.

Lee
Amen..........
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 04-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I don't know where you get 4 month tours--that must be Navy. The Army tours were for 1 year at a time unless voluntarily extended. I actually served 2 extended tours with some stateside training and other foreign assignments in between. Lol, but even those foreign assignments involved operations in support of Vietnam.

Lee
Oh my gosh, you are living in a dream world. If we could have won that war, we would have. We did not have the instantaneous military capabilities we now have 40 years later. You didn't have the tools, and that beeache Fonda, nor the decorated war veteran Kerry weren't enough to turn the tides on you. Don't start coming up with new and improved versions now, for the history books already have it documented.

And don't run for office. Your swift boat buddies will turn on you and disprove any medals you were awarded, as they scream at kids riding skateboards on the sidewalk.

McCarthy is dead, so is Communism. Your new fears for this decade is terrorism, gay marraiges, and rampant abortions, so catch up.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-27-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie
How dare you! At least they are in the Army and Marines to fight and not be some officers comfort boy
I'm still waiting on the justification for my friends dying in Iraq. Are you going with the foreign nation building justification, or are you wanting an easy way for others to suffer and die so you get cheap gas?

How dare "me?" I'm here arguing "for" these guys, not against them. Look in a mirror. How are you protecting them? You can't even justify why they are there without some deep thought to justify it to yourself first. What are you doing for them?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:30 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Hmmph...my dad must not be Vietnam Era, because he supported that "flake" Kerry when he was saying that Vietnam was a hopeless cause (he also happened to vote for him two years ago). Vietnam is very similar to Iraq, both were/are hopeless causes. You're not going to change those people over there (Iraq) from their territorial monarchy-like ways. They don't want it. It's that simple. So, I don't see why we need to waste billions of dollars and thousands of lives on people who don't give two craps about whether they can vote or not wear their burkha's.

Look at oil prices now. ExxonMobil posted 8.4 BILLION in profits for just this quarter. JUST THIS PAST QUARTER. And, Iraq was supposed to lower oil prices? Not seeing it....
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

crazy kids.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie
SURE, you do.....
23 years in the military, you build a few military friends up. You met yours in which bar?

Old 04-27-2006, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
Hmmph...my dad must not be Vietnam Era, because he supported that "flake" Kerry when he was saying that Vietnam was a hopeless cause (he also happened to vote for him two years ago). Vietnam is very similar to Iraq, both were/are hopeless causes. You're not going to change those people over there (Iraq) from their territorial monarchy-like ways. They don't want it. It's that simple. So, I don't see why we need to waste billions of dollars and thousands of lives on people who don't give two craps about whether they can vote or not wear their burkha's.

Look at oil prices now. ExxonMobil posted 8.4 BILLION in profits for just this quarter. JUST THIS PAST QUARTER. And, Iraq was supposed to lower oil prices? Not seeing it....

So well put. I remember the era being a lot like it is today. They had hard core supporters of the war then, armchair fighters of communism. They did an excellent job of painting the anti-war people as flower children who were spitting on soldiers. It's a little harder to get by with that today... but they still try. They kind of succeeded among the less educated with Kerry never thinking how much guts it took for him to stand up.

And big oil? Wow! That was the master plan from the very beginning. They are all oil people in the administration.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:29 PM

Quote:
So well put. I remember the era being a lot like it is today. They had hard core supporters of the war then, armchair fighters of communism. They did an excellent job of painting the anti-war people as flower children who were spitting on soldiers. It's a little harder to get by with that today... but they still try. They kind of succeeded among the less educated with Kerry never thinking how much guts it took for him to stand up.

And big oil? Wow! That was the master plan from the very beginning. They are all oil people in the administration.
War's a business. Deal with it hippie.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
That was funny. I needed that to lighten the mood. Thanks!!

Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Its funny that you mention that war is good for business. I work at a distribution warehouse that has defense connections. Business was slow up until 2001. Ever since then we are the only business in our area that hasnt had layoffs. I do believe war is profitable but for all the wrong reasons Also any military service to our country is commendable 1, 5, 10, years etc. Dont argue who done what,where,or when, its below yourself and why you joined in the first place. For everyone who has served our country THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I have never served and at times I regret this but at other times I dont. Does that make me a less of an American? Im proud of where I live, even when it irritates me to no end what other Americans(corporations, cheating politicians, criminals) are doing to screw it up
Old 04-27-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
I have never served and at times I regret this but at other times I dont. Does that make me a less of an American? Im proud of where I live,
You don't have to regret. Someone has to make the bullets. Someone has to pay taxes so that war can be waged. Work my little patriot, work and pay taxes.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:23 AM
building more AK47's

Quote:
You don't have to regret. Someone has to make the bullets. Someone has to pay taxes so that war can be waged. Work my little patriot, work and pay taxes.
Sir yes Sir!