Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Hezballoh Push??

Is this the beginning of the end for a democratic Lebanon and the establishment of another Islamic State?

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Not in your or their dream (Hisballah's) my friend.
The ones protesting are 90% of the Shias, 70% of the Christians, 30% of the Druzes and 15% of the Sunnis. They are all backing in public and asking that the 70% Christian leader Michael Aoun to become President and the establishment of a cabinet englobing all Lebanese Parties???... So from where did you get that "Islamic state" rumor???

What is happening now is for my country's benefit also for the Christians'

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Watching

Just watching carefully. Historically, during times of turmoil and civil unrest, the better organized groups seize control. For example when the communists took over Russia, they only represented 10 percent of the population, but were the best organized. The same in China.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Just watching carefully. Historically, during times of turmoil and civil unrest, the better organized groups seize control. For example when the communists took over Russia, they only represented 10 percent of the population, but were the best organized. The same in China.

Lee
Excellent point, and it may ring true for both Hisbollah in Lebanon and Iran in Iraq.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 12-06-2006, 02:59 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Guys for those who doesn't know about the situation in Lebanon and the middle east I tell you this:

The Middle East is divided between Sunnis and Shias. Lebanon was the only country with Christian 100% domination (in its presidency between 1948 and 1990) in the past, but as Christians we do not deserve our country for the sole purpose that we fought amongst each other in 1990 and lead the country from Christian domination to Sunni/Shia actual domination. The privileges of our President (which is still Christian) diminished a lot and had no true power as it was before 1990.

Now there are talk clashes between Sunnis and Shias in the middle east, you are all seeing what is happening in Iraq, right? We as Lebanese are seeing those facts with sorrow in our hearts... In Lebanon the issue is very fragile concerning this, but the Lebanese are fed up with wars for the last 30 years, no party wants to get involved in a new war, this is for sure. If there is gonna be a war, it will be a never ending one as it is happening in Iraq. But Sunnis and Shias know that domination is never to happen, both in their lives, so the best way is to keep the status as it is and the president stay Christian.

To support my statement about the Sunni/Shia war, well in the protest a group of Sunnis killed two from the Shias (supporters of Hizballah) but the Shia's Leader Hasan Nasrallah gave his orders that WHATEVER happens from their side, a War is never to happen. He asked that the protests are never to become violent, the governmnet must fall peacefully. And guys believe me, the Shias are "fully remotely controlled" by Hasan Nasrallah, they NEVER disobey his orders as 70% of the Christians never disobey Michael Aoun's orders! They are both mature men (thank GOD) and we as Arabs, whatever they order, we have to comply.

You are all seeing this from your point of view, but what I am telling you is the truth. The President will stay Christian, the current government will fall on monday or tuesday and a new one will be formed according to the current constitution. The new government will be shared by all parties.

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Danny

Thanks for the insight. It is great to get an actual FEEL for what is happening. News reports often bewilder with facts, while giving no idea of how it stacks up.

I truly hope the dice fall in everyones' favour this time around. God knows all sides in Lebanon have been losers for far too long. I hope next week is the beginning of the first step forward.

Ceasefire and peace in our own Northern Ireland has had a major change on people there. People are prosperous, people are happy. It's not perfect, it's still a 50/50 divided society. But mutual respect is building, and we are on the road to a just and peaceful society.

Your day will come, work at it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Danny

Thanks for the insight. It is great to get an actual FEEL for what is happening. News reports often bewilder with facts, while giving no idea of how it stacks up.

I truly hope the dice fall in everyones' favour this time around. God knows all sides in Lebanon have been losers for far too long. I hope next week is the beginning of the first step forward.

Ceasefire and peace in our own Northern Ireland has had a major change on people there. People are prosperous, people are happy. It's not perfect, it's still a 50/50 divided society. But mutual respect is building, and we are on the road to a just and peaceful society.

Your day will come, work at it.

Joe
Joe, it seems you come from a similar environment as I am. What Hizballah and Christians are demanding here is a unified Government formed from all parties in the country under the same Constitution! What is wrong with that?

Let me talk in US terms, don't you guys dream of a Government formed equally from Republicans and Democrats who are in total agreement and want to reach the same goals and fulfill the same agenda??? A government formed by Demoblicans with no opposition whatsoever?

The majority of the Sunnis want to have control of the government which they are sinking from 1992 up until now. From 3 Billion dollars debt we reached now 70 Billion!!!!! We don't want those guys anymore, other cleaner Sunnis should take their places... they made people miserable, low labor wages (You believe now that I earn $1000 per month as a salary???) and most of them are leaving the country to find work abroad. I personally am leaving Lebanon on the 14th of January, I signed a work contract in Qatar for a good salary... I never wanted to leave my country and my parents for any reason (ex Money) but things are inevitable , I need $$$ to be able to get married, start a family and .............................. MOD my SVX

We want to fulfill our dream my friends, Lebanon has been in shambles for many years now, all we want is peace and prosperity.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 12-06-2006 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Let me talk in US terms, don't you guys dream of a Government formed equally from Republicans and Democrats who are in total agreement and want to reach the same goals and fulfill the same agenda??? A government formed by Demoblicans with no opposition whatsoever?
In a word---NO!!!! We do not want essentially a single party system that wants exactly the same things for the country. Our system thrives on party diversity and differences. Any time we move toward a single party system---we are in deep trouble. Now if you advocate party cooperation in reaching "national" goals, then I would agree.

As to your country, I still say that Hezballoh is the wolf in sheeps clothing that will ultimately end up controlling your country if to many of you sympathize with them and don't do anything to stop them. A "Christian President" means nothing if it is simply a figurehead position with the real power being wielded by Hezballoh and that is what is in your future considering what is happening.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
In a word---NO!!!! We do not want essentially a single party system that wants exactly the same things for the country. Our system thrives on party diversity and differences. Any time we move toward a single party system---we are in deep trouble. Now if you advocate party cooperation in reaching "national" goals, then I would agree.

As to your country, I still say that Hezballoh is the wolf in sheeps clothing that will ultimately end up controlling your country if to many of you sympathize with them and don't do anything to stop them. A "Christian President" means nothing if it is simply a figurehead position with the real power being wielded by Hezballoh and that is what is in your future considering what is happening.

Lee
Absolutely no way do we want a 1 party government!! Please... beggin' the gods, no! no! no!! Party cooperation? Yes. But after... way after... healthy and if necessary, heated debate. Personally, I want our government so divided that they blend.., that you can't tell which party is which when they debate. I received part of my dream, when you look at how conservative this pack of democrats are that are going in next month.

Hezbollah is outrageously too emotional in its hate for Israel. Not a concern elsewhere, but look out a window.... See that border over there? Placing Hezbollah in power is a recipe for immediate, and unnecessary war. If Israel so much as burps, Hezbollah will be up in arms and crossing the border. 70 billion will be lunch money after they get finished on a continuous quest of building up arms, taking them to Israel and getting them destroyed... rinse/repeat cycles. Iran will be the only benefactor, and they are already getting enough help from our idiocy.

You won't have a country left, and they'll probably sink the world into war.

And personally, I'm a little sick of the U.S. being in war already. A lot of us are. It ain't war weariness, we've done been there., it's war nausea.

For like only the third time in history, I am in solid, complete agreement with all of what Lee just said. He is exactly right on all counts.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 12-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
You know guys what is the difference between your country and ours?
Your country is booming economically speaking whereas ours is in deep sh!t. If each party in Lebanon wants a different procedure, we can never rise again. We need teamwork to start reform

Old 12-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
You know guys what is the difference between your country and ours?
Your country is booming economically speaking whereas ours is in deep sh!t. If each party in Lebanon wants a different procedure, we can never rise again. We need teamwork to start reform
If you think that what we have is not teamwork, then you are sorely mistaken.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:01 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
If you think that what we have is not teamwork, then you are sorely mistaken.
Hein?? What does "sorely" means? Am I gonna be sorry for believing that??

Old 12-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Network Design Administrator

Its just a way to emphasize how mistaken you are.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Its just a way to emphasize how mistaken you are.
Ohhh, I thought I was gonna get a spanky , I am mistaken in your point of view, but believe me, I know what I am talking about...

Old 12-07-2006, 07:26 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Your country is booming economically speaking whereas ours is in deep sh!t.
I wouldn't exactly call our economy "booming"...

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300