Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 08:02 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Wgj

Hey Bill,

Did you work at General Atomics?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
This has gone too far. You guys are screwing all of us because PWR is gonna want nothing to do with a bunch of morons. Just chill out and use the PM if u wanna argue. I want to figure out what the heck is going on with the radiators instead of hearing BUL&^%^$& about who had a vette in high school and some other crap. NO one cares NO one will. Just shut up so we can find posts that concern the radiators not u two.

Tom(Feeling like i walked into an AOL chatroom 7 years ago)
Old 03-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Keep it civil, guys.
Please stay on topic in this thread. We need PWR's help and we do not need to look like a bunch of kids arguing when they try to help us.
Thanks.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:13 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
Tom(Feeling like i walked into an AOL chatroom 7 years ago)

I remember those. I used to go in those rooms and start so many fights

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 03-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Porter

Smile

I got my SVX radiator last week. It looks great.

For those who are interested, we are now a PWR dealer and will have these radiators available post-group-buy for an excellent price, WAY less than the list of $599. I was impressed with their product after seeing it in action on several race vehicles and seeing their willingness to support the SVX community, so we put our money on the table and did their buy-in to become a direct dealer.

I AM SURE THAT PWR IS MAKING SOME LITTLE CHANGES TO THE DESIGN TO FIX THE SLIGHT FITMENT ISSUES. So CHILL OUT.

We're in the process of putting PWR radiators in two of our customer vehicles at the moment, a 500whp STi and a 750whp EVO drag vehicle. The EVO has the 57mm rally core, it's the craziest radiator I've ever seen. We will also be putting a PWR radiator in our next big customer project, the World's Fastest Subaru Outback. 30psi@9500rpm should be a ton of fun.

Anyway, let us know if any of you need a radiator in the future, we'd be glad to help.

Jason Porter
Director of Sales

TopSpeed
2130 Brandon Trail
Alpharetta, GA 30004
info@topspeedsales.com
tollfree 866-94-SPEED

Last edited by Porter; 03-28-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Now there's an idea. Send the radiator back and get the ones they are producing now.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Now there's an idea. Send the radiator back and get the ones they are producing now.
No, that would be incredibly lame. There's no reason they should have to eat 40+ radiators. Pulling such a stunt would ensure that PWR would never consent to support a small community like this one ever again. It's a totally custom motorsport product and perfect OE fitment is not something that should be expected for under $1000.

An aluminum radiator is a motorsport part. Sorry to say it, but some modification may always be required with aftermarket performance parts. It's part of the ballgame.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter
No, that would be incredibly lame. There's no reason they should have to eat 40+ radiators. Pulling such a stunt would ensure that PWR would never consent to support a small community like this one ever again. It's a totally custom motorsport product and perfect OE fitment is not something that should be expected for under $1000.

An aluminum radiator is a motorsport part. Sorry to say it, but some modification may always be required with aftermarket performance parts. It's part of the ballgame.
So you are saying the next shipment will be the same if we buy from you?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 03-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
So you are saying the next shipment will be the same if we buy from you?
LOL... wow apparently a lot of people are worked up over this. I've just read back through the thread.

Phil, I have no idea. PWR has no more SVX radiators in stock, I will enquire with them and find out when they are going to manufacture more for their stock. I am sure they will incorporate any reasonable feedback into their product.

This was a group buy, a custom fab run done on an incredibly tight margin. They created a product for the SVX community from scratch. PWR should be thanked and congratulated for that, not castigated because the fitment wasn't OE perfect. If the brackets hold it in the car, the core doesn't leak, and it improves cooling from stock, then it's a proper race radiator. All other issues should be considered secondary.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:28 PM

Quote:
LOL... wow apparently a lot of people are worked up over this. I've just read back through the thread.

Phil, I have no idea. PWR has no more SVX radiators in stock, I will enquire with them and find out when they are going to manufacture more for their stock. I am sure they will incorporate any reasonable feedback into their product.

This was a group buy, a custom fab run done on an incredibly tight margin. They created a product for the SVX community from scratch. PWR should be thanked and congratulated for that, not castigated because the fitment wasn't OE perfect. If the brackets hold it in the car, the core doesn't leak, and it improves cooling from stock, then it's a proper race radiator. All other issues should be considered secondary.
Yeah, this thread is entertaining and pretty informative if a person has a couple of full days to read the whole thing. It's gotten huge!!

I know the last few pages don't show it, but I'm a very easy going person.

I only expect what I'm told initially to expect.

I just hope they have a resolution to this sent out pretty soon. Its leaking from the cap, and hitting our hoods. I just want them to fix the problem, so I'm not out there adding coolant every day, and taking the chance of damaging the 92 in the same way my '94 was brought down by the OEM.

Has PWR said anything to you on how they are resolving the height problem? I've heard from secondary sources they are designing a new cap? You wouldn't happen to know if this cap is going to be a lot lower in profile, do you? Enough to resolve the clearance problems?

I had the '92 over at Subaru today, and the tech slammed the hood from the up position. I cringed to the point of a heart attack hoping there wasn't a dent.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Weasel 22

when's the novel due out for this? paperback first? im anxious
Old 03-28-2005, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
when's the novel due out for this? paperback first? im anxious
I deserved that.

I guess it fits in the following category.
(This edit was inspired by an earlier comment from tomssvx.)

http://members.cox.net/electrophil/dc001.wmv (1.5MB)

Old 03-29-2005, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I got my SVX radiator last week. It looks great.

For those who are interested, we are now a PWR dealer and will have these radiators available post-group-buy for an excellent price, WAY less than the list of $599. We will be putting a PWR radiator in our next big customer project, the World's Fastest Subaru Outback. 30psi@9500rpm should be a ton of fun.

Anyway, let us know if any of you need a radiator in the future, we'd be glad to help.

Jason Porter
Director of Sales

TopSpeed
2130 Brandon Trail
Alpharetta, GA 30004
info@topspeedsales.com
tollfree 866-94-SPEED
Porter,
You can bet when the time comes I will be ordering a radiator from you, as I know your rep is good (and of course the lower then list price don't hurt either )
Old 03-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
good to hear that some mechanical intelligence has stepped in here. Porter, I have no issues with fitment, yeah, it hits the hood and yeah the fans dont fit right but i want nothing back. I just want PWR to make sure they fix these for the next run of production, so just let us know when you find out if this is the case or not.

Tom
Old 03-29-2005, 08:15 AM
That's gona leave a mark.

Quote:
…No, that would be incredibly lame. There's no reason they should have to eat 40+ radiators.... This was a group buy, a custom fab run done on an incredibly tight margin. They created a product for the SVX community from scratch. PWR should be thanked and congratulated for that, not castigated because the fitment wasn't OE perfect. .
Most disappointing to see someone "in the business" blindly standing by manufacturer despite the facts. I thought you said you read this thread.

-They had a stock radiator ON HAND to get the measurements right.
-They did a test fit, the results of which they ignored.
-They are in the business of manufacturing radiators. Not like this is one guy in his garage with a pile of aluminum and lighter.

How do you figure we should congratulate them on an adequate job ? I should be happy I paid $475.00 for a part that mostly works? Better we should “eat” the radiator than a supposedly professional organization whose sole function is to make and sell radiators?

Granted we don’t need to storm the castle, but I sure won’t be sending any more of my money that way, nor do I expect to spend much at your shop based on your lack of concern for customer satisfaction.

the Chick Magnet:
91 Justy GL EFI 4x4 154k (new motor @120k)

90 Yamaha V-Max
82 Yamaha XJ650LJ Turbo
My Diver Propulsion vehicle:
88 Jeep Cherokee 160k
"U-sta-have"
88 XT6 AWD Pearl,
86 XT Lt Blue,
85 XT AWD/4x4 Turbo Space Blue