Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Certified Porschephile

The US has been in the Islamic crosshairs since 1947 when we recognized Isreal as a soverign nation. It never got better since then. They hate the Jews more then the US, we are just more popular to hate right now. They have been killing Jews for over 2,000 years already. And vice versa.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
You Sure??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
You do not have any way of knowing where the Gitmo prisoners came from.
It is well know exactly what countries the detainees come from AND like I said ONLY 125 come from Afghanistan. Most were foreigners there to train under Al Qaida.

How many people do you see on the streets demonstating to "free the Gitmo prisoners"???

I think you need to check on the freedoms in other countries before you start to disparage freedoms in this country. Check UK for gun ownership and even searches and seizures and wiretaps. I think you will find that gun ownership is severely restricted and the others are much more lenient laws that favor law enforcement and not individuals. We are still hands down the most free country in the world.

And I suppose Dubya was responsible to interning the Japanese families (citizens) during WWII???

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 06-23-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
It is well know exactly what countries the detainees come from AND like I said ONLY 125 come from Afghanistan. Most were foreigners there to train under Al Qaida.

How many people do you see on the streets demonstating to "free the Gitmo prisoners"???

I think you need to check on the freedoms in other countries before you start to disparage freedoms in this country. Check UK for gun ownership and even searches and seizures and wiretaps. I think you will find that gun ownership is severely restricted and the others are much more lenient laws that favor law enforcement and not individuals. We are still hands down the most free country in the world.

And I suppose Dubya was responsible to interning the Japanese families (citizens) during WWII???

Lee
\

1. Well known by who? Again, the usual undocumentated, unsubstantiated, WORTHLESS OPINION. SHOW ME SOME EVIDENCE FOR A CHANGE.
2. Lee this is Earth, you've missed the point AGAIN, what does it take to get it through to you that acting like NAZI's makes us look like hypocrites and has turned world opinion against us in addition to providing our enemies with ever more valid reasons to claim we're the bad guys? Where's our moral high ground? Dubya's poll numbers are in the toilet because the majority, (hello that would be 70%) in this country don't approve of his methods.
3. Again, you present another TOTALLY IRRELEVANT POINT, I'm talking about America...try to stay on point for once.
4. "And I suppose Dubya was responsible to interning the Japanese families (citizens) during WWII???" Again COMPLETELY OFF POINT, INANE, DOWN RIGHT SILLY and an indication of YOUR SHEER DESPERATION to do anything except counter MY DOCUMENTED POSITIONS. The internment of Japanese American citizens was a racist, stupid thing to do and a source of enduring national shame. It was a huge mistake and precisely the kind of shameful history we don't need to repeat!

I recently had occassion to hear an exchange between a radio talk show host, Ed Shultz and a guy representing himself as a retired military officer. The retired officer did the exact same thing you do, every time Shultz cornered him, he changed talking points and threw in ad hominems. Nothing but talking points of OPINION BUT NEVER ANY FACTS. I hope it wasn't you because he sounded like a complete idiot, because HE HAD NOT ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE to support his positions. What I found interesting was the comment Shultz made after this fool was dispatched back to the looney bin he came from. Shultz said that this happens all the time, conservatives come on the show, spout the party line of the same old Republican talking points and every time they are called for lack of documentation, evidence, substantiation, they change the subject and throw out ad hominems.
SHOW US THE EVIDENCE OR SHUT UP! Talking points don't feed the bulldog.
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 06-24-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
The US has been in the Islamic crosshairs since 1947 when we recognized Isreal as a soverign nation. It never got better since then. They hate the Jews more then the US, we are just more popular to hate right now. They have been killing Jews for over 2,000 years already. And vice versa.
where do you think they got the wepons do to that? i swear the US would be a 3rd world contry if we didnt export so much war products...
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 06-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Certified Porschephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
where do you think they got the wepons do to that? i swear the US would be a 3rd world contry if we didnt export so much war products...
This post shows your total lack of knowledge in this area and your tendancy to rush to judgement on what you think you know.

The US supported Isreal as a soverign nation, a move that was condemed immediatly by Jordan, Syria, Egypt, and others. Those countries looked to the other available world power, the USSR, for training, equipment, and money. When those named nations attacked Isreal they were equiped with Russian tanks, planes, rifles, etc. Watch some film. The fact the US stood by Isreal lead directly to severe hatred of a nation that would allow Jews to occupy the Holy Land of Mohommad. Syria was a backer of the Allies against the Germans in the recently ended Second World War.

I try not to personally attack people, and I'm sure even those i disagree with like Bipa and Robert would agree with me on this, but you are wrong and off base on this one. Yes the US backed Iraq against Iran as a result of the Irianian revolution in 1977 that led to the hostage situation. Iran was the only nation to recieve F-14 Tomcats from the US. Were backed thier enemy as a way to get back at them for turning on us. The post was about Isreal and you lacked the knowledge and truth about that before firing off about a semi-unrealted topic. Sorry.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:04 PM

Right Church, Wrong Pew...

1. The US is the biggest exporter of weapons in the world, but that includes major weapons systems.
2. Kalishnakov was in the news recently bemoaning the fact that his invention, the AK47 and it's previous iterations had gotten into the hands of and was/is the preferred weapon of bad guys everywhere. He didn't have anything to say about the huge numbers AK's produced since he invented it to help get the Germans out of his country (no patent).
3. Russia has and continues to compete with us for arms deals and now they've got a lot of bargain surplus military hardware to sell. We've got a civilian company in the US with a whole fleet of top Russian fighters the US military contracts with to practice dog fighting with.

So...you're all partly right. It's a very complex issue. And some v. good points too.
WGJ
And I'm sure I misspelled Kalishnakov's name.

Last edited by WGJ; 06-25-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Certified Porschephile

I thought Mikhail Kalashnikov passed away. There was a story on the History Channel awhile back with interviews with him. The AK-47 was the most widely produced individual weapon, in all versions, of the second half of the 20th century. I would disagree about the US being the single largest exporter, unless we took over the lead following the collapse of the USSR in 1990. There is no way we matched the amount of T-72's, MiG-19's and -21's, et al, that reached the 3rd world. The RPG-7 was as common as wheat in Africa in the late 80's/early 90's.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
US Tops

Williford (WGJ) is correct, the US is tops by a large margin and has been since the early 90s. The AK47 is by far and away the largest historically exported Assault Rifle.

You can refer to the link and see current export figures by country. China is not correct in that they actually "trade" many of their weapons for oil and other commodities and don't report the value of those weapons.

Note the second chart indicating percentages in the 80s. Russia was the leader then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_trade

Arms trading is big business for the US and stopping it would have a significant impact on the economy. It is one of the few manufacturing areas that has not moved overseas.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:

Lee
No, during this time, his grandfather was making money by setting up deals with the Nazi's. I don't think Dubya was born yet. But the Bush Family still raised him in the family tradition of sleeping with the enemy.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 06-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Truly Baffled!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
No, during this time, his grandfather was making money by setting up deals with the Nazi's. I don't think Dubya was born yet. But the Bush Family still raised him in the family tradition of sleeping with the enemy.
Your intense hatred for the Bush family just floors me. You believe every bit of fiction produced about the family no matter how absurd. You need to check multiple sources before you sink so low as to totally accept the hate postings that have very little if any truth in them.

You need to read this and other sources about his grandfather. Not just your single extreme left fictional reporter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott_Bush

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-24-2006, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Your intense hatred for the Bush family just floors me. You believe every bit of fiction produced about the family no matter how absurd. You need to check multiple sources before you sink so low as to totally accept the hate postings that have very little if any truth in them.

You need to read this and other sources about his grandfather. Not just your single extreme left fictional reporter.

Lee
I'm hearing this from a person who denounces Kerry as undeserving of his awarded medals? I'm sure the swift boat veterans have uttered the same phrase of checking several sources, they just accidently missed the source called the U.S. Military.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:54 PM

If You Insist On Using Wikipedia As Reference...

then I'm going to use NEWTOPIA Magazine:
The Bush Empire
Charles Shaw

Held at the home of Neil Bush, the son of George Herbert Walker Bush, who himself was the very ambitious former CIA director and current Vice President, the guest of honor at the dinner party (which was quickly cancelled after news of the failed attempt on the life of the President), was Scott Hinckley, the brother of John Hinckley, the man who just that afternoon shot President Ronald Reagan, coming one half-inch from killing him.

A half-inch from putting George H.W. Bush, into the White House.

For the full article:
http://www.newtopiamagazine.net/arch...bushempire.php
Old 06-24-2006, 08:55 PM

If You Insist On Using Wikipedia As Reference...

then I'm going to use NEWTOPIA Magazine:
The Bush Empire
Charles Shaw

Held at the home of Neil Bush, the son of George Herbert Walker Bush, who himself was the very ambitious former CIA director and current Vice President, the guest of honor at the dinner party (which was quickly cancelled after news of the failed attempt on the life of the President), was Scott Hinckley, the brother of John Hinckley, the man who just that afternoon shot President Ronald Reagan, coming one half-inch from killing him.

A half-inch from putting George H.W. Bush, into the White House.

For the full article:
http://www.newtopiamagazine.net/arch...bushempire.php

WGJ
Old 06-24-2006, 08:56 PM

Quote:

Lee
Oh for crying out loud. I just read your link, and the fact he was dealing with the Nazi's is right there on the page.

It only counters by saying that at the time he was dealing with them, it wasn't illegal for him to be doing so. I never said he was breaking a law, I said he was sleeping with the enemy. And your link proves it. He made 1.5 million dollars on it, and is where he got the money to set up business in Texas.

Did you bother reading the page prior to linking it up?

Old 06-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Definitely Read It

Of course I read it--did you? He had a single share and that was what it was worth. The company was actually worth billions.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE