Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
So True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
How about Jesse Jackson?

I think what I said had merit, we can agree there are ALOT of people, ON BOTH SIDES, who have abused the power entrusted to them. It's on us, the voters, to be more diligent. A task that is close to impossible with the mud throwing hype at every election. One that kills me to this day, is I was on active duty following 9/11 and I was listening to the radio on base and a democrat ad came on where a black girl asks her father why do republicans hate black people. Come on. It was the Republicans who ended slavery, and it was the democrats who put troops in schools in the 60's to keep blacks out. Wallace anyone? It's a shame the general populace is so stupid. I'm never amazed anymore at how dumb people are after doing my job for 11 years. And it was Truman who refused to cut Puerto Rico free after WWII, even after they set off a bomb in D.C. I wonder what it would be like now if they hadn't been getting a free ride for the last 60 years, over populating the cities on the east coast and becoming professional welfare recepiants.
What about Democratic Governor Faubus of ARK that used the National Guard to keep Blacks from entering Little Rock HS? A Republican President Eisenhower sent in the Airborne Troopers to force the integration.

I agree--why do the current liberal black leaders seem to forget all of this???

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Brief Example

Just one example. Former Democratic Governor of Oregon and Secretary of Transportation under Jimmy Carter.

http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=5091

My last post on this subject.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-28-2006, 09:29 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Why Not

Joe Walsh.

He's STILL got more brain cells than most that we have had in the last 20 years.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I think a simple way to sum it up for all parties involved is this:

No one worth voting for will be running in the next election and anyone who would be a good president is smart enough not to get involved with politics.

Sinmple solution, have a lottery for the president for 1 year terms. It would be revolutionary to see how an 18 year old idealist followed by a 50 year old realist would handle the country. Now before anyone says "You're crazy", think about if it could really be worse than it has been for the last few decades?
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-28-2006, 11:28 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds

No one worth voting for will be running in the next election and anyone who would be a good president is smart enough not to get involved with politics.

Sinmple solution, have a lottery for the president for 1 year terms. It would be revolutionary to see how an 18 year old idealist followed by a 50 year old realist would handle the country. Now before anyone says "You're crazy", think about if it could really be worse than it has been for the last few decades?
I like the lottery idea! SubaSteevo 2008! w00t!

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Robert, you left the last sentence out of my quote in the paragraph you referenced. I was NOT saying or even implying that Williford was like that, but simply pointing out for me to draw the conclusion of that from what he wanted to do was as absurd as many of the connections made by the Democratic far left.

And like I said about the list, it is really pathetic that the research would be done in those depths to compile such a list. As we ALL KNOW, sicko and horrendous crimes are not the mark of any particular political party, but actually represent a cross section of society as a whole. The same list could be developed for Democrats if someone wanted to spend the time and effort. And given the demographics of the Democratic party, it is a certainty that the list would be much longer. I just don't think anyone in the Republican party will ever stoop so low as to compile such a list. Or I definitely hope not--if they do, I will seriously question my affiliations.

Lee
I totally understand where you are coming from on the Pedo reference, and I saw your point clearly. My only concern is striking too close on someone's principles on that particular reference. For Bill to put up such an effort on trying to set a project like that in stone, it must be a strong principal for him. Even though your comment is benign, and you were merely being analogous, I just sensed it would strike too close to the heart and inflame him via personal principal of his project. I'm sure Bill will call you a jerk under his breath and move on.

We just need to be careful in this forum that we keep our attacks toward the generality of the party and groups, or the powers that be will shut us down. Since Politics and Religion are the two hottest flame inducing topics in the world, I think we do a great job on keeping it civil and even entertaining.

On to the vicious attacks:

The list is very relevant for the simple reason of practice what you preach. The republican party has always went after the religious right with the morality and family values angle. They represent themselves as if God is a registered republican.

God is not a Republican, God is a Dictator.

His son however, is a Democrat.

To say that the Republican party would not stoop as low as to compile a list is hogwash. Once again.... 2 words... Swiftboat Veterans. Lets never forget how low a republican group will sink.

Are there middle and high level Democrats out there that are deviants? Well of course there are. But they aren't running around saying it's God will that a city got destroyed due to homosexuality. They aren't running around saying another party is against family values and common morality, and that God is "on their side." They don't produce Presidents that refer to an impending invasion into Muslim lands as a "Crusade". Tell me.... Was that a Religious background talking or just pure idiocy? Or was it both?

It's the hypocrisy of the morally defunct Republican party that causes these types of lists to be developed.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 06-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds

You're crazy.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 06-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Certified Porschephile

I like the term Crusade. I watched the special last night on the History Channel and if not for some double dealing by the "christian" Byzintines, they would have worked. I'm not type casting, but alot of the muslims are not "holy" people. Anyone that preaches killing women and children is not someone who represents any god. The real shame is the muslims ended up where all the oil was found. If the central US was like the persian gulf area, no one would have to deal with those idiots and they'd have no clout to impose thier will on anyone.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX
Joe Walsh.

He's STILL got more brain cells than most that we have had in the last 20 years.
Which one? The Texas cross dresser , the muscian? Who is he?

Thanks,
WGJ
Old 06-28-2006, 10:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
Which one? The Texas cross dresser , the muscian? Who is he?

Thanks,
WGJ
Eagles singer.

"I'd like to remind you all, I AM RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT".
Why not.

And there is a lot to be said for the comment -- "anyone who would be a good president is smart enough not to get involved with politics".

Anyone who gets that involved in it in the first place is just in it for the power anyway. Not to do anything for us.
Oh they might start out that way, but once they get to livin' off of us, they wanna do whatevers it TAKES to stay there.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:55 PM

Speaking Of How Low Some People Will Go...

Now, so you wanted to open a center for young athletes????? Hummmm, very interesting---what kind of weight lifting sicko would want to be surrounded by nice young innocent kids all of the time. Maybe a Pedo???? Which athletes would you prefer the males or females??? Get real----that is the same type of ridiculous charges that you are making.

Lee[/QUOTE]

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
I Knew IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
Now, so you wanted to open a center for young athletes????? Hummmm, very interesting---what kind of weight lifting sicko would want to be surrounded by nice young innocent kids all of the time. Maybe a Pedo???? Which athletes would you prefer the males or females??? Get real----that is the same type of ridiculous charges that you are making.

Lee
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe[/QUOTE]

Right over his head just like the air over the wing of a airplane!!!

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-28-2006, 11:10 PM

A Bad Idea...

Having hundreds of foreign kids come here from S. America, Asia, Africa, and Europe to learn English and play soccer with American kids from all over the U.S. is a horrible idea. I mean imagine, foreign kids playing with our kids, learning to speak real English while interacting with our kids. All of them improving their athletic abilities while getting to know each other. All the kids training together under the tutelage of an Olympic level Strength and Conditioning Coach, learning Basketball from Judd Buschler (the white guy who subbed for Jordan on the Bulls), Baseball from Steve Finley (I trained him for two yrs.). Volleyball coaching from Karch Kiraly (three time Olympic Gold Medalist, trained him for 3 yrs). Hanging out at the beach, going to the Zoo and all the other fun stuff to do in SD.
Yeah, prep school and college students training here with foreign prep school students here on student visas, bad idea. Promoting friendship and an exchange of cultures, bad idea. Educating kids, bad idea. Making them healthier, better athletes, bad idea. Having kids get coached by pro athletes and Olympic Champions, bad idea. Meeting real Americans and eating American food. Bad idea. Bringing tens of thousands of dollars into the local economy, bad idea. Letting foreign kids see what this country is REALLY about. Bad idea. Spreading good will throughout the world. Very bad idea.
What was I thinking? I'm so ashamed.

Lee I've got bad news, to the great shame of the good ol' USA there's over half a million foreign students here from all over the world. And to think I was trying to contribute to that. Oh the shame, the shame.

WGJ
Old 06-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Missed It!!

Missed the whole point of my post!!

It obviously had nothing to do with the kids.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
I think that we should keep Randy (Aredubjay) as "El Presidente".
He's doing a good job IMHO.
I think that the symbol of his political party is the zebra, not the donkey or elephant.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!