Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 10th Anniversary Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2002, 02:44 PM

Unhappy

Larry?...

Good Morning all you SVXers out there in SVXland,

It's only 12 days until the Big 10th Anniv. SVX 10th Anniv. Meet.

Make sure them wheels are mounted the right direction!

'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder

(Previous '93 SVX Owner)
Old 07-08-2002, 06:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Rich,

Thanks for filling in. I normally get up at 4:30 AM and am at work by 6:00 AM. We had the 4th & 5th off. When I got into work this morn. and turned on the computer I was met with the "Blue Screen of Death." I got a new computer and monitor (went from 15" to 19")at about 10:00 AM. However, there is problem with the new computer. Isn't always the case when the IT people work on something. It can't seem to find the location of MS Excel spreadsheet files, even when you give it the right path. Since most of our engineering files (~85%) are XL files this is a big pain. The IT people were stumped but they promised to fix it tonight after work. I wonder what new and exciting things await me from my computer at work tomorrow morn.

I went to the meet at Ollies in Lancaster, PA last night. I couldn't stay long. The only way to descibe the scene is that it was "Rice Boy Racer City". There must have been 250-300 cars in tha lot. They were mostly souped up Hondas & Mazdas. When I was young and hot rodding, i could answer quetions on Carters , Holleys and triple duce setups. I guess today's kids are just hot rodding Tokyo iron similar to what we did to Detroit iron.
The Dayglow orange Mustang was too over the top for my taste. Also, I prefer my flame jobe to be red, orange & yellow in color not blue & silver. But the kids today have their own tastes.

Larry III
Old 07-09-2002, 04:35 AM

Registered SVX
Countdown Continues

Hi all you SVXers out there in SVXland,

It's only 11 days until the Big 10th Anniversary Meet in Lafayette.

Now that you've sniffed your ATF, pumped 60 puhzigs in the doughnut, and put your wheels on the right way, I ask you to look in your glove box. Look carefully now. Is the slip of paper where you wrote down your meet number from the Sign-Up List in your glove box ? If not, find out what is your correct number and write it down. Put the slip of paper in the glove box.

There may be a surprise quiz on this folks (remember high school).

This number is important. It is part of the List Incentive Program (LIP) [Didn't you just know that I would work that in somehow].

To paraphrase a saying from the Chinese laundry in NYC where I used to bring my shirts, "No Slipee - No Prizee".

Larry III
PS: Thank you Rich for yesterday's "countdown" post.

Last edited by LarryIII; 07-09-2002 at 04:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:39 PM

Quote:
When I was young and hot rodding, i could answer quetions on Carters , Holleys and triple duce setups. I guess today's kids are just hot rodding Tokyo iron similar to what we did to Detroit iron.
Yeah, now they all play with the electronics and fuel injection and stuff. I know we don't always appreciate everybody's taste in automotive 'fashion', but some of these guys are getting tremendous amounts of horsepower out of small motors. Most of the stuff they do with their cars are over my head. I'd be afraid of really messing something up. Just like everything else in life, some of them are honest hot-rods that are very well done, and some are 'posers' that are absolute crap.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder

(Previous '93 SVX Owner)
Old 07-09-2002, 07:01 PM

Registered SVX
Rich,

I forget to mention proper adjustment of progressive linkages on the 3 duece carbs.

How sweet it was!

See you in about a week plus.

Larry III
Old 07-10-2002, 04:31 AM

Registered SVX
Countdown Continues

Can you believe that it's only 10 days until the Big 10th Anniversary Meet in Lafayette.

I guess it's time to slide out the little drawer that is under the front passenger seat and see who or what is in it.

Also, take that old cup holder out of the bottom of the center console and polish it up.

Larry III
Old 07-10-2002, 05:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
Hi Larry,

I sent you a PM. I'd like to go to the meet. I wasn't sure before if I could go, but I have decided to try to make it. My car has been giving me headaches and finding all kinds of excuses during these past 3 months. It was asking for a new tranny and wheel bearings, and I took care of them. Such an expense! Everything else is working fine as of now.

I'd like to see you guys. I'm still fairly new to this 'Boy's Club'.

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 07-10-2002, 06:31 PM

Registered SVX
Viv,

I just sent you a PM in reply. Thanks for joining us at this Meet.

Larry III
Old 07-10-2002, 09:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
thanks a lot Larry

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 07-11-2002, 03:52 AM

Registered SVX
Countdown Continues

Can you believe that it's only 9 days until the Big 10th Anniversary Meet in Lafayette.

I just thought of someting. Can the people who have laptops and/or digital cameras bring them to the meet. That we we can access this site and post some pictures for the European & Australian SVXers who can't be in Lafayette. Thanks gang.

I'd like to thank Vivian (vzSvx) #119 and Chris (casper150) #158
That brings us back to 165 on the Sign-Up List ( my screw-up). We will have approx. 80 SVXes plus a Buick Grand National and a Citron-Maserati. Does anyone want to come in a Facel-Vega (a really rare car)

Will Deron please contact me quickly?

Larry III

Last edited by LarryIII; 07-11-2002 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:01 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Countdown Continues

Last edited by LarryIII; 07-11-2002 at 04:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:00 AM
The Road Less Traveled

My laptop's coming with me, and so is my digital camera (not the greatest one).

However, if I recall correctly, I *think* Patrick mentioned that there was complimentary internet access in one of the main areas.

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

Can you believe that it's only 9 days until the Big 10th Anniversary Meet in Lafayette.

I just thought of someting. Can the people who have laptops and/or digital cameras bring them to the meet. That we we can access this site and post some pictures for the European & Australian SVXers who can't be in Lafayette. Thanks gang.

I'd like to thank Vivian (vzSvx) #119 and Chris (casper150) #158
That brings us back to 165 on the Sign-Up List ( my screw-up). We will have approx. 80 SVXes plus a Buick Grand National and a Citron-Maserati. Does anyone want to come in a Facel-Vega (a really rare car)

Larry III
Old 07-11-2002, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Laptop on board

I'll have my laptop also along with my camera. If people want to bring their USB connectors (and software possibly) we can do a daily download for those who are out of room on the camera.

Now....to go find 60 psi for my dount, clean inside/out, wax, buff, remount tranny cooler, install gauge pod, paint bumper, redo brakes, prepare toolkit, clean underhood, and uhhh oh a few other things and I'll be ready to go. I hope 8 days is enough time

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 07-11-2002, 08:55 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert

[

Larry III [/B][/QUOTE]

This is de Ron. Whatcha' want?

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:03 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Re: Laptop on board

Quote:
Originally posted by Stevebsy
I'll have my laptop also along with my camera. If people want to bring their USB connectors (and software possibly) we can do a daily download for those who are out of room on the camera.
I can bring my USB CompactFlash card reader with me if that would help. I can't plug my camera directly into the computer with a 64MB card. This reader will work directly in Windows 2000/XP without requiring a driver.

For Larry:
In case the hotel's complementary Internet access is unavailable, AT&T WorldNet's access number in Lafayette is 765-772-5010