Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Benefits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Doesn't matter.

You guys have less than a week. Are your desks cleaned out yet?
One prediction that I will make. IF and I mean IF the democrats win both houses, I predict that your taxes will go up by AT LEAST 58% within the next 2 years.

Lee
Old 10-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Network Design Administrator

And Terrorists around the world will party like its 1999...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:35 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
They'll stock up on food and prepare for their entire computer network to crumble?

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 10-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
No Facts!!!

Quote:
Uh huh.... Yeah. Slide around with the most days in August redirect. The concern you have is we are all wise to the tricks.

Doesn't matter.

You guys have less than a week. Are your desks cleaned out yet?
I see that you could not come up with facts to support your total fabrications------AS USUAL.

Lee
Old 10-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Hater

Quote:

i'm Osama Bin Laden, and i approve of this message.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
One prediction that I will make. IF and I mean IF the democrats win both houses, I predict that your taxes will go up by AT LEAST 58% within the next 2 years.

Lee
Only if you make at least a million dollars a year or you're a multibillion dollar a year corporation. One of the main causes of the deficit is that during the Bush Administration, the effective corporate income tax rate is lower than it has been for many administrations, due to loopholes and rate cuts. The Bush administration has done almost nothing to reduce the the taxes of Americans who have incomes less than 7 figures. Also, if you work for your income you pay much more tax than if you sit on your a$$ and let your money make your income for you. In fact, if you have a work income in the low 6 figures, you get hosed by the Alternative Minimum Tax and your tax rate goes up big time every year. So, despite all the malarkey about Bush holding back taxes, my tax rate has gone through the roof. I don't mind. I believe I should pay taxes because I am fortunate. What really p!sses me off, however, is that the Alternative Minimum Tax involves losing your deduction for state and property taxes, which hit me for about $30k a year. I don't believe I should have to pay income taxes on taxes. But the old tax-cut Bushies don't recognize that as a legitimate issue. They're too busy cutting taxes for people and organizations that are much more fortunate than am I. If you're not rich enough to give the Republican Party $25k or more a year, you don't deserve a tax cut.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 10-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Wrong Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Only if you make at least a million dollars a year or you're a multibillion dollar a year corporation. One of the main causes of the deficit is that during the Bush Administration, the effective corporate income tax rate is lower than it has been for many administrations, due to loopholes and rate cuts. The Bush administration has done almost nothing to reduce the the taxes of Americans who have incomes less than 7 figures. Also, if you work for your income you pay much more tax than if you sit on your a$$ and let your money make your income for you. In fact, if you have a work income in the low 6 figures, you get hosed by the Alternative Minimum Tax and your tax rate goes up big time every year. So, despite all the malarkey about Bush holding back taxes, my tax rate has gone through the roof. I don't mind. I believe I should pay taxes because I am fortunate. What really p!sses me off, however, is that the Alternative Minimum Tax involves losing your deduction for state and property taxes, which hit me for about $30k a year. I don't believe I should have to pay income taxes on taxes. But the old tax-cut Bushies don't recognize that as a legitimate issue. They're too busy cutting taxes for people and organizations that are much more fortunate than am I. If you're not rich enough to give the Republican Party $25k or more a year, you don't deserve a tax cut.
The figure of a 58% percent increase I referred to applied to someone that only make $50,000 and has 4 children. That is not a rich person by any definition. When I said Robert would have a tax increase, I was being factual. You would also have an increase unless you have a million tax exemptions. The Democrats WOULD increase taxes even for the middle class.

Lee
Old 10-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
When I said Robert would have a tax increase, I was being factual.
Unusual definition of factual. Even if you were privy to Democratic taxation reform plans which probably have not yet been written in detail, there is no way to know how the legislation would evolve before it became law. So, seems to me that factual is not a word that applies to a partisan prediction.

Factual - no. Opinionated - yes.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77

Lee
58% ? Do you think it's going to cost that much to pay back the irresponsible spending of this Administration? I hope not.

NOBODY wants to raise taxes. NOBODY wants to pay higher taxes. Democrats, Republicans, whatever. NOBODY.

If we had stayed on course as we were before Bush, it wouldn't be necessary. But now that idiot has doubled our national debt. Doubled it!!

I get mad everytime I think about it.

Regardless of who gets elected, we are going to have to pay back this visa bill the neo-cons have irresponsibly left us. It doesn't matter who gets elected. Read my lips.... (hint...) Your president and party made the bills, and even though I yelled and griped the whole way, I am now stuck having to help pay it back.

Did you enjoy that $600 a year tax break? It's going to cost you thousands a year to pay the interest, and me the same.

It infuriates me your party put us here.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 10-31-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Have you read the news? They've been partying. They are still celebrating the world's largest terrorist attack from 2001. October was the deadliest month so far this year in Iraq. 2 major miscalculations by a republican President, Senate, and House that has them drinking champaign.

Still..... it infuriates me the republican party has screwed everything up.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Have you read the news? They've been partying. They are still celebrating the world's largest terrorist attack from 2001. October was the deadliest month so far this year in Iraq. 2 major miscalculations by a republican President, Senate, and House that has them drinking champaign.

Still..... it infuriates me the republican party has screwed everything up.
Just keep telling yourself that not a single Dem voted for this and that none of them had even the slightest hand in it. If it helps you sleep at night.

ZEE GOGGLES, ZEY DO NOTHING!!!!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Unusual definition of factual. Even if you were privy to Democratic taxation reform plans which probably have not yet been written in detail, there is no way to know how the legislation would evolve before it became law. So, seems to me that factual is not a word that applies to a partisan prediction.

Factual - no. Opinionated - yes.
The Democrats have clearly said that they would not make the current tax cuts permanent if they win. My statement is based on them keeping their word. I know that is unusual, but where raising taxes (by not extending the current tax cuts) is concerned---I am sure they will do just that.

I don't make a lot of money as I am retired---but I definitely received a tax cut under Bush as I am sure you did. I would be very happy to keep it like it is.

And actually---I think the economy is humming right along, tax revenues are setting records and new jobs are being created. The deficit is being reduced ahead of Bush projections----despite continuation of the war that was not factored into those projections.

Lee
Old 11-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Since the current tax cuts had very little impact on those making $50,000 a year, don't see how that results in a 58% increase in taxes. The tax cuts that would be significantly affected by a Democratic regime would be those for people making more than $500,000 a year, and for corporations.

No I did not receive a tax cut under Bush. Income tax as a percentage of my net income rose substantially during his tenure, primarily because of AMT.

I believe that much of the funding of the war is handled off-budget, so isn't included in the deficit calculation.

There are very real questions about just how pervasive are the beneficial effects of this economy. The economic stratification in this country insures that almost all of the benefits from economic grwoth accrue to those already in the upper income strata.

Surprised you haven't been watch Lou Dobbs' "The War on the Middle Class," on CNN. Now here is a conservative who is after my heart. A man of principle, unlike O'Really.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:24 AM

Lou Dobbs is a true working class conservative. I like his values.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Kidding of Course????

Quote:
Lou Dobbs is a true working class conservative. I like his values.
You are kidding of course. Lou Dobbs a conservative????? I think you need to check out the real definition of conservative. The only thing I can think of that Lou Dobbs takes a "conservative" position on is Illegal Immigrants.

He was an active supporter of Kerry during the last election. His economic positions are neither Republican or Democrat, but are definitely closer to Demo than Rep and I don't mean in terms of fiscal spending constraints.

He classifys himself as an Independent, but anyone that ACTIVELY supported Kerry is a definite Liberal.

Lee