Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
Oh yes, my legendary vile attempts at starting trouble, because, everyone knows, I'm SUCH a troublemaker on these forums. Please. Stow it, buddy.

So, tell us, o great sorceror, what is your enlightened american name for "people like me"?
I don't know about Sorcerer, but I call you our next invasion target.

(j/k.... I'm milking this invade Canada routine for every ounce I can get. )

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sorceror
Quote:
Oh yes, my legendary vile attempts at starting trouble, because, everyone knows, I'm SUCH a troublemaker on these forums. Please. Stow it, buddy.

So, tell us, o great sorceror, what is your enlightened american name for "people like me"?
LOL - ROFLMAO - HAHAHAHAAHHA

Why is it you want to start trouble or keep it going?

In answer to your question ... Use your imagination.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:58 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror
Most of what you spewed is not even worth the dignity of a response.
"Spewed" and a reference to dignity in the same sentence. Is the one with no name, for real ?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by ensteele; 02-23-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Little Update

If this doesn't make everyone think, be you Democrat or
Republican, then you probably have never practiced thinking!

From a California school teacher - - -"As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration there are some things that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large southern California high school, which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower social economic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens, Huntington Park , etc. where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

One hundred percent of the students in this school and other Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program.

When I say free breakfast I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones.

The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their kids. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was already substantial. I ended up buying new computers for the Computer Learning Center . Which, one month later
half have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America . (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them Putasd, *****s, and throwing things that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, free day-care and etc.

Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be here in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

I support president Bush, but on this issue, he and everyone else voting things this way is a certain way to disaster.

To my bleeding-heart liberal friends who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to spend less for tomatoes spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, Medical facilities closing, higher medical
costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc, etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we won't have the guts to enforce it.

Does anyone in their right mind really think they will
voluntarily leave and return?

There are many hardworking Hispanic/American citizens that contribute to our country and many that I consider my true friends.

We should encourage and accept those Hispanics who have done it the right and legal way.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A
third-world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and worried about " politically correct", that we don't have the will to do anything about it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know."

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under". ~Ronald Reagan

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-22-2007, 01:05 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under". ~Ronald Reagan
I've got nothing more to say on the majority of what you posted, as I frankly don't give a rat's ass (not my country/not my problem). However, your Reagan quote clearly illustrates where you're coming from. And it is also a subject that's been debated at great length. Seriously, if you want to make a point about something, you should try leaving your other biases, ie religion, out of it. It makes your argument that much more credible. But then, most right wingers could not care less about credibility, rather, spin is the name of the game.

Take this article, for example, another typical right-wing rant, full of opinion, but ABSOLUTELY DEVOID of fact.

Not to suggest your post is entirely devoid of fact, but it is certainly full of spin. I'm sure you'll find, if you bothered to look into it further, that impoverished white kids in similar environments will display a similar affinity for graffiti, teen pregnancy, and wastefulness. Kids in general are ungrateful louts who don't appreciate the things they have. That, hopefully, comes in time with age and wisdom.

And if it doesn't, don't start making racist accusations. It just further makes you look like a bigot.

If all the waste, and folks out for whatever they can get bothers you, remember that it is your society which encourages "looking out for #1" and nurtures the lowest common denominator "dog-eat-dog" mentality. Want to change that? Then work on changing the foundations of your society.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Total Quote

For your information "superlib" Canadian Nemesis----The entire post was a complete quote and I did not add or edit anything---including the Reagan quote. I left everything like it was posted and make no decisions as to validity or truth.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-22-2007, 01:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Regardless of whom was responsible for the spin, it is still spin. I was merely pointing that out. However, by posting that article, you are implying that you believe it to be valid and true. A quick flip through the other 28 pages of this thread to review will also reveal that historically, that is the opinion you hold.

Point made.

It's clear there will be no agreement on this issue. Can you not simply let it rest?

P.S. And also, can you not post without making disparaging remarks about any who disagree with your opinions? That would also go a long way to establishing your credibility.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.

1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!

1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Spin?

Quote:
Regardless of whom was responsible for the spin, it is still spin. I was merely pointing that out. However, by posting that article, you are implying that you believe it to be valid and true.
The only spin in the posting was the Reagan quote. The rest is the first hand experience of an educator.

A simple review of the situation here in the states strongly supports the apparent facts stated.

For example---95 per cent of all car thefts in southern Arizona (law enforcement stats--not opinion) are committed by illegal immigrants. A very large percentage of the other property thefts are committed by the same.

Here in New Mexico approximately 35 percent of the murders have been committed by illegal immigrants.

Insurance rates in this state are extremely high because of uninsured motorists. The large percent of the uninsured are illegal immigrants. A significant percent of unpaid hospital bills in many states are again by---guess who??? Yes, you are right.

So, the statements made in the post are supported from multiple sources.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
This lends credence to the previous. Source is http://www.onenewsnow.com

Quote:
Illegal aliens are killing more Americans than the Iraq war, says a new report from Family Security Matters that estimates some 2,158 murders are committed every year by illegal aliens in the U.S. The group says that number is more than 15 percent of all the murders reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the U.S. and about three times the representation of illegal aliens in the general population.
Mike Cutler, a former senior special agent with the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (the former INS), is a fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies and an advisor to Family Security Matters (FSM). He says the high number of Americans being killed by illegal aliens is just part of the collateral damage that comes with tolerating illegal immigration.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 02-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
It seems that whenever the left doesn't agree with something, they call it spin.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 02-24-2007, 08:25 AM

Much like when the right doesn't like something; they play the "media bias" card.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Really???

Quote:
Much like when the right doesn't like something; they play the "media bias" card.
Fact. By their own polls and responses the media is overwhelmingly liberal.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-24-2007, 09:28 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Fact. By their own polls and responses the media is overwhelmingly liberal.

Lee
Only because they don't make things up like Fox News does...
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 02-24-2007, 09:28 AM

Actually a more recent media survey has indicated a 3-to-2 ratio of right-leaning coverage to left-leaning. The times they are a-changing, and it's because people like you, Lee, who want to see it. The media is just a part of the free market, and as such they will deliver what they can sell. There's at least 51% of you that wanted to see more conservative views and so you're getting it.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Funny

Quote:
Actually a more recent media survey has indicated a 3-to-2 ratio of right-leaning coverage to left-leaning. The times they are a-changing, and it's because people like you, Lee, who want to see it. The media is just a part of the free market, and as such they will deliver what they can sell. There's at least 51% of you that wanted to see more conservative views and so you're getting it.
LOL. You are so funny. I can present many different "surveys" that will show exactly what the person paying wants to show. What I was talking about was what the news personnel considered themselves. Overwhelmingly liberal.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE