Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.14 average. Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:32 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Re: Thread for posting useless $#!t

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90 View Post
holy carp! I have never heard of that one....you better get it done quick...or you are going to have one mad sister
i've met her. she's gonna put the smack down on him!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy View Post
i've met her. she's gonna put the smack down on him!
I don't care if she is hot or ugly as dirt but pics of him getting his butt beat by a chick would make me

In all fairness good luck on getting everything fixed!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

There's something extremely disturbing about this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7mG5...eature=related

If I grew up with this stuff, I'd shoot myself the first chance I'd get.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
There's something extremely disturbing about this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7mG5...eature=related

If I grew up with this stuff, I'd shoot myself the first chance I'd get.
Thats the kinda crap that's popular with kids now. I hate it. My mom did in-home day care and i saw this one day. I wondered what the hell happened to "Tom and Jerry", "Bugs Bunny", Scooby Doo, etc. Its almost impossible to find the good ole cartoons nowadays. And all these so called educational shows are a load of crap as well as all these educational toys. Its been proven that toddlers learn more from playing with old fashioned blocks than they do these stupid $50-100 or more junk!

Sorry, thats my rant for today. -Nate
Old 12-26-2008, 06:17 PM

Registered SVX

I know I will probably get crushed for this one but idc...

I just watched Batman Begins and the Dark Knight for the first time last night. I have to say that the Dark Knight is one of the most overhyped and overrated movies. Yes it is a very good movie and yes Heath Ledger did a great job in a role unlike any he had done previous but still... It is greatly overrated due to his death.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
I know I will probably get crushed for this one but idc...

I just watched Batman Begins and the Dark Knight for the first time last night. I have to say that the Dark Knight is one of the most overhyped and overrated movies. Yes it is a very good movie and yes Heath Ledger did a great job in a role unlike any he had done previous but still... It is greatly overrated due to his death.
Batman Begins is well...meh.

However, The Dark Knight is a great film IMO. I was laughing the whole time especially when the Joker was doing his little gags. Love the Joker laughs. Then again I am a sick and twisted individual...so....
Old 12-27-2008, 11:01 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Batman Begins is well...meh.

However, The Dark Knight is a great film IMO. I was laughing the whole time especially when the Joker was doing his little gags. Love the Joker laughs. Then again I am a sick and twisted individual...so....
Yeah, I thought it was a very good movie, just not the greatest movie of all time or even the best movie this year as so many people were annointing it.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I thought it was a very good movie, just not the greatest movie of all time or even the best movie this year as so many people were annointing it.
I thought it was the best movie of the year...unless you would rather prefer to give the title to...let's say....Speed Racer.

Throw out a few names of movies that you think is better th an The Dark Knight.

Hancock sucked. Hellboy2 was meh. I thought Hulk was pretty good. Ironman was ok. I can't think of any other films that I saw this year that was 'good'.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:01 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
I thought it was the best movie of the year...unless you would rather prefer to give the title to...let's say....Speed Racer.

Throw out a few names of movies that you think is better th an The Dark Knight.

Hancock sucked. Hellboy2 was meh. I thought Hulk was pretty good. Ironman was ok. I can't think of any other films that I saw this year that was 'good'.
I see your point. I guess it may be the top movie of the year as I have not seen too many. I just get annoyed by people when all they do is talk about a particular movie for months and months, or when it comes to a new band that everyone starts listening to.
I am just the type of person who gets turned off by popularism. I like things that are unique-hence buying an svx even knowing all the potential problems. I enjoy listening to rock music/bands before they "sell-out" when signed to record labels that only care about the bottom line. I enjoy rarity and not "following the crowd".
Old 12-27-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I see your point. I guess it may be the top movie of the year as I have not seen too many. I just get annoyed by people when all they do is talk about a particular movie for months and months, or when it comes to a new band that everyone starts listening to.
I am just the type of person who gets turned off by popularism. I like things that are unique-hence buying an svx even knowing all the potential problems. I enjoy listening to rock music/bands before they "sell-out" when signed to record labels that only care about the bottom line. I enjoy rarity and not "following the crowd".

yeah well i don't typically mind if something is popular. if i like it, that's all that matters. i usually get onto bands before they become popular and enjoy them until i get sick of them or find something new that i like better. that's the nature of things. work, cars, women, music, movies, books, it's all the same.

i may have to watch 'dark knight' 20 times before i get sick of it, but as of now, most movies released this year blow. i want to check out that 'righteous kill' flick. may be good. i think that 7 pounds will blow only because the story does not appeal to me. there's one more that i'd like to check out with simon pegg, 'how to alienate people' or whatever. past few movies i watched with him in it was decent. 'hot fuzz' and 'shaun of the dead' being decent flicks. i even found some enjoyment in 'run fat boy run'.

if you get turned off by popularism, you'd better get castrated. i hear sex and masturbation are two very popular acts worldwide.

you seem to care too much about what other people like/dislike. do what makes you happy and damn the rest. that's why i like the joker.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I kill more trannies then god

Quote:
yeah well i don't typically mind if something is popular. if i like it, that's all that matters. i usually get onto bands before they become popular and enjoy them until i get sick of them or find something new that i like better. that's the nature of things. work, cars, women, music, movies, books, it's all the same.

i may have to watch 'dark knight' 20 times before i get sick of it, but as of now, most movies released this year blow. i want to check out that 'righteous kill' flick. may be good. i think that 7 pounds will blow only because the story does not appeal to me. there's one more that i'd like to check out with simon pegg, 'how to alienate people' or whatever. past few movies i watched with him in it was decent. 'hot fuzz' and 'shaun of the dead' being decent flicks. i even found some enjoyment in 'run fat boy run'.

if you get turned off by popularism, you'd better get castrated. i hear sex and masturbation are two very popular acts worldwide.

you seem to care too much about what other people like/dislike. do what makes you happy and damn the rest. that's why i like the joker.
if we ever meet in person, remind me to buy you a drink.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
word...........

oh yeah, 'forgetting sarah marshall' wasn't a bad movie. kinda funny actually.

Last edited by Noir; 12-27-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:36 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
you've never bought me a drink, bastard!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 12-27-2008, 09:16 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:

Yeah, I get your point. I usually catch onto many things before they become popular. An example would be seeing Napoleon Dynamite while in theatres (I know, not that great of a movie) but I worked at Wal mart at the time and the one guy I worked with all the time had seen it too. For the 6 months before it came out on dvd we walked around saying lines from the movie and everyone looked at us as if we were . Then it came out and everyone was saying lines and we looked at them funny.

Also I have over 70gbs of rock music on my computer right now and my friends and other people that come over haven't heard of 75% of it. I like what I like and thats all i care.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Hater

"The Hammer" is a funny movie i rented this year that didn't get much advertising.

Adam Corolla is a carpenter and a washed-up boxer who gets back into boxing.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)