Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Competition Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Almost SVX front (tiny monkey slapping cymbols together, please....):

Chike Dellimore 50.623 (last run..."line wizard w/r-comps")
Ben Roth 59.181 (last run...wishing he was driving the RaceCar!)
Thanks Bill. As the Challenge Results were the sum of your two runs, in the dry Challenge Round, I was able to first run a 49.4 followed by a 48.7 (both clean) - hence my 98.1 cumulative time. My co-driver, Shawn Roberts, cracked off a 46.8 followed by a 47.2 and finished third in the Challenge Round.

All in all, it was a mixed day for me. My driving was okay as I was still trying to figure out driving on r-comps for the first time, and my low blood sugar really made everything seem a bit hazy all day (took my time driving home with MANY stops). The only time this haziness went away, was when I was driving on course and could focus my attention on following the line.

Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 09-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Smile Just for Ben!

PAX Results (out of 115):

Chike 22
Bill 41
Dave 46
Harry 73
Ben 87
Tom 111

-Bill (no, I'm not going to add "FASTEST PAX SVX at the 2006 Subaru Challenge" to my signature line .........okay, maybe not right now )

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Ben Roth 59.181 (last run...wishing the DC region wasn't so f**( up in taking lunch at the NORMAL break like everybody else instead of insisting the 3rd heat run before lunch! Would have been in the 51 second area with a surface more condusive to fwd.)

Bill fixed your post
Old 09-18-2006, 06:40 AM

Quote:
PAX Results (out of 115):

Chike 22
Bill 41
Dave 46
Harry 73
Ben 87
Tom 111

-Bill (no, I'm not going to add "FASTEST "Short Bus" SVX Driver at the 2006 Subaru Challenge" to my signature line .........okay, maybe not right now )

Man are you making some typos this morning. Pax is nothing but a joke.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
At the local level, PAX means very little if not nothing at all. However, Nationally, the best driver's in each class run times that justify there class PAX index.

I've been to events where the national A Mod champ George Bowland would finish 15th in PAX, HOWEVER, his son Todd at the same event in the same car finished 1st (FTD & FTP). A Mod carries the toughest PAX index of 1.0...

Old 09-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:

Yeah, must have been the lack of sleep catching up to me
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 09-18-2006, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
At the local level, PAX means very little if not nothing at all. However, Nationally, the best driver's in each class run times that justify there class PAX index.

I've been to events where the national A Mod champ George Bowland would finish 15th in PAX, HOWEVER, his son Todd at the same event in the same car finished 1st (FTD & FTP). A Mod carries the toughest PAX index of 1.0...
And how many A mods take pax at a national event? Its happened only a couple times in the thousands of national races since pax was first used. Look at national results and you'll see its all a bunch of crap to make the "short bus" riders feel better about themselves.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
And how many A mods take pax at a national event? Its happened only a couple times in the thousands of national races since pax was first used. Look at national results and you'll see its all a bunch of crap to make the "short bus" riders feel better about themselves.
Personally, I like the index'ing. It is an attempt to take the "car" out of the equation and emphasize the "DRIVER" and his / her abilities. Is it perfect? No. When the WRX first came out, SCCA had it in G Stock!! That didn't last long! But overall, the index'ing - I think - is quite fair. But it will never be perfect.

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 09-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
One thing that I can see here....even after taking the rain out of the equation...is that SM is not were you want to be with an SVX --- it's just too big a car. Given the progress that Ben/Dave are making with the RaceCar in FP and I'm making with BillStock/Battlestar in ESP, I think these are the only two classes that the SVX may stand a chance in. I'm looking forward to getting the DA Koni/GC set up on my car and actually getting a full season of seat time next year in ESP.
-Bill

My Locker
Old 09-18-2006, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsvx
Personally, I like the index'ing. It is an attempt to take the "car" out of the equation and emphasize the "DRIVER" and his / her abilities. Is it perfect? No. When the WRX first came out, SCCA had it in G Stock!! That didn't last long! But overall, the index'ing - I think - is quite fair. But it will never be perfect.

Harry
I have to agree Harry. PAX is far from a perfect system, but it definitely goes a long way in taking the driver out of the equation. At events where I've had no meaningful competition in my class, but a national champ might be running in a different class (e.g. Sam Strano), it'll give me a gauge of where I stack up against him/her. Also, at large WDCR events, with nice open national style courses, the PAX times of former National Champs/Contenders always tend to be very close to each other.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
I think the MAIN thing to consider is - if you are going to do "any" modifications that will bump you into a higher class, you need to go "all the way" in order to be competitive. As an example, just steel braided brake lines will bump you up a class, but they don't make all that much difference, so potentially (and probably) you will be running against folks in the same make car that not only have the braided lines but bigger sway bars plus, that make a real difference - and they will be in the same class as you!. There is no way to be competitive in that situation. And the index'ing just can not cover every possibility. But I think it is an equalizer of sorts and puts more on the driver! Just read the rule book carefully and do the mods that REALLY make a difference.

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 09-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Just got an email from Kevin Henry....turns out you can turn an STU car into an ESP car by just adding r-comps....in the case of the Legacy GT they added Kumho V710s
-Bill

My Locker
Old 09-18-2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Just got an email from Kevin Henry....turns out you can turn an STU car into an ESP car by just adding r-comps....in the case of the Legacy GT they added Kumho V710s
-Bill
That's true. But ESP also has the update/backdate rule. So in the case of Keefe Lee's LGT (real cool guy!), if truly wanted to have an ESP LGT, he should be able to add the '07 Spec B 6spd.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsvx

Harry

Of course you think its fair. G stock has the 2nd to best indexing. The scca didn't have it in GS, the Impreza RS was in GS and until someone asks for a classing a new model isn't classed.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:
One thing that I can see here....even after taking the rain out of the equation...is that SM is not were you want to be with an SVX --- it's just too big a car. Given the progress that Ben/Dave are making with the RaceCar in FP and I'm making with BillStock/Battlestar in ESP, I think these are the only two classes that the SVX may stand a chance in. I'm looking forward to getting the DA Koni/GC set up on my car and actually getting a full season of seat time next year in ESP.
-Bill
Oh how nieve you are my friend. You're not an ESP car in truth now are you? Once you ask for a national classification at least. You really think we can run with BMW M3s, New 911s and 944 S4s, not to mention a prepared Lotus Grasshopper?