Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Fall Colors Tour III

Well September is here, the days are getting shorter, the weather is changing....... Guess it means it's time to start thinking about FCT again!

For those not in the know, Fall Colors Tour is the oldest annually recurring event held by Northwest SVX. It actually dates back to before NWSVX existed, but this will be the third year in a row (hey, with our history three years is a long time!).

The name is pretty self-explanatory, the event is a driving tour that takes place during the Fall season, when all the trees turn pretty colors. The route changes slightly from year to year in the interest of variety and making improvements, but overall it follows a backroads path around Snohomish County in Western Washington. The location is fairly central to our "core group" of attendees we can always count on to show up, has some good driving roads (when we don't get stuck behind dump trucks or student drivers), and some nice scenery and small towns.

I will once again be testing out the route, and making some improvements (and maybe throwing in a surprise twist), especially taking into consideration the larger numbers of cars we are having these days (last year we had a record number 12 SVXes show up Saturday morning and ran out of room in our start location - that's a GOOD problem! ) Depending on the interest level, how far people are planning to come from, etc, we may also expand this event into more of a weekend event, with the drive just being the main part of it (don't worry to all you local driving enthusiasts, it is still the Fall Colors TOUR, but I've just heard rumors of some possible far away attendees and want to accomodate them by offering a bit more than just a half day drive).

So all that said, let's get some discussion going! Let's just leave this pretty open at this point and everyone can throw in their questions, comments, and opinions.

Some of the main things I'd like to know though, are if you are serious about attending, and if so, are there certain dates that would work best for you (weekend in October or November).

Thanks!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...