Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Really? I kind of think that Veto power is a pretty big stick.

Actions against Bush and Cheney--I doubt it---people in glass houses.....etc.... To many skeletons in the Demo party members closets to rock to many boats. (Or all Congressional members for that matter)

Lee
Bush isn't smart enough. The Veto thing is going to backfire on him due to his history on Veto's for the last 6 years. It will make the republicans look bad, uhh.. if that's possible.

And skeletons in the closet didn't stop the Clinton BJ debacle. A lie is a lie, and I really believe they are going to shove subpoenas up his rear until he screws up. And he will... Like I said, he isn't very smart.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 01-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Like I said, he isn't very smart.
And like I said before........smart enough to graduate from Yale.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-16-2007, 06:46 PM

The rumble is still a rumble, but the rumble now has it's first mark on a calendar.

22 January, the trial begins against Libby. The defense attorney plans to call Cheney to the stand for a little under oath time.

I assume the prosecutor is standing by to take advantage of that little under oath time.

Rumble...rumble....

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
And like I said before........smart enough to graduate from Yale.

Lee
But not smart enough to run a business, state, or country. Just connected enough.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:50 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
But not smart enough to run a business, state, or country. Just connected enough.
Fahrenheit 9/11 explains all that....and Moore has evidence (like, I've looked up the things myself that are not on Moore's website).
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 01-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Really

Quote:
Really--you still amaze me. He was successful enough as governor to get elected as prez and successful enough as prez to get re-elected. By most standards this would seem to be pretty successful. "Connected" may get you in the ballpark, but it doesn't get you in the game.

I just love the negativism. The main reason it is quiet in here is that conservatives and/or "neocons" as you call them generally have more class and dignity than the far lefters.

We will attack or comment on individual issues, but NOT paint things or people with a broad "hate" brush. We will even give credit where it is due-----unlike many farlefters.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
Fahrenheit 9/11 explains all that....and Moore has evidence (like, I've looked up the things myself that are not on Moore's website).
To even mention that you have watched that movie, and that you believe it tells me how much I should listen to you, and thats a giant not at all...

I mean come on... you couldnt have picked a more biased movie/docu-drama/whatever the hell it was...

Middle of the road, learn it/live it.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Really--you still amaze me. He was successful enough as governor to get elected as prez and successful enough as prez to get re-elected. By most standards this would seem to be pretty successful. "Connected" may get you in the ballpark, but it doesn't get you in the game.

I just love the negativism. The main reason it is quiet in here is that conservatives and/or "neocons" as you call them generally have more class and dignity than the far lefters.

We will attack or comment on individual issues, but NOT paint things or people with a broad "hate" brush. We will even give credit where it is due-----unlike many farlefters.

Lee
Yeah, we can sense all the class when the neo's interrupt normal business with a silly "can't tell my wife" impeachment proceeding.

What's happened over the last 6 years is a little more serious than cigar fetishes. A lot of people are dead, lots of debt, and in a war quagmire.

No credit is due. Time to pay the piper.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
To even mention that you have watched that movie, and that you believe it tells me how much I should listen to you, and thats a giant not at all...

I mean come on... you couldnt have picked a more biased movie/docu-drama/whatever the hell it was...

Middle of the road, learn it/live it.
I never mentioned Fahreinheit 9/11. Not that some of the movie wasn't true.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:45 AM

Quote:
I never mentioned Fahreinheit 9/11. Not that some of the movie wasn't true.

I know you didnt, thats why I quoted Manarius... :-)

I am not saying the movie is a total fabrication, there is truth to be found in every story... but that story goes way beyond what the word bias can describe.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)

Old 01-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Gee. I could start writing now and not EVEN stop for a couple of eons, BUT, I'll refrain.

The total fact of the matter is that the insurgents and all those who hate the U.S. are laughing and slapping their knees at the constant barrage of vitriol that is being fired at the President - they are becoming emboldened and all the nonsensical bickering is not making the President look week, it's making the entire country look weak. "Well it's his fault," some say. BALONEY! It's the fault of a pack of pissed off people who can't get over the fact that Albert Gore Jr. didn't get into the white house, so we could just make nicey nice with everybody who hates us and diplomatically ease all the world's woes. The poison has just gotten thicker since that time. So, the American people finally got tired of hearing it. Democrats count it a victory that republicans have been displaced. Don't. It wasn't an "I love you, come save us." It was a "put up or shut up."

It's time to put all that crap behind us and move forward, unified, knowing that if something had not been done...I know -- you don't believe it, but, the fortunate truth is that President Bush will never be proven right about the war in Iraq because Saddam won't be around to do what everybody (including the democrats) were sure he'd do at some point in time.

I hate war. FDR hated war. Eleanor hated war. Even FDR's little dog Fala hated war. We can fight it there, or fight it here.

To think that the Iraqi people, a society that has never HAD to step up and take care of itself, has undergone generations of "boxed in" existence and is used to having things done for them, is going to all of a sudden "snap to" and become a democratic entity is ludicrious. It - will - take -time. And if we're forced to vacate the task of putting these folks back on their feet too soon...well, may God help us.

Yes, I want it to be over. I want our troops to come home. I want them to be safe and I want them to rejoin their families. But, most of all, I want them to know that I cannot express the measure of respect that I have for them for accepting the responsibility for serving and going where their country has asked them to, and performing their duties as the finest and most powerful military force in the world. It only serves to denigrate their service and their sacrifice, if we continue to call this a lost cause.

We can all sit in the comfort of our easy chairs -- those for, and those against -- the war, the President, the republicans and democrats, but, 'til you've been there...

That's just my 10 cents (2 cents adjusted for inflation)
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 01-18-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:03 PM

You guys really need to quit trying to make Iraq part of the war on terror. It never was part of that.

Ahh man, I was duped into the slogan again.

There isn't a war on terror. There never was. We threw out a government in Afghanistan when they replied to us "We can't give him to you because we don't know where he is."

Hey! Guess what!!

Besides...
How can you declare war on a noun? Or is it a noun? According to wikipedia, there are 109 definitions of the word terror.

We can't win the war on drugs.
We can't win the war on Poverty.
We can't win the war on terror.
Because you can't win a war against a noun.

The war is against Al Qaeda. The group we trained and financed back in the USSR's days of infamy.

It's still going on....

If we need to declare war on Hezbollah, that's also different.

The war on terror doesn't exist, and if it did.... Iraq did not have anything to do with it. Never did, and logic dictated that from the beginning. A dictator does NOT SHARE POWER. It goes against the very foundation of the meaning of "dictator".

This means the people responsible for placing us in Iraq need to be held accountable. This fact keeps getting overlooked, or glossed over by the republican controlled congress voting to allow the president to make that decision.

The president got the vote under false pretenses, and he put us in war under false pretenses.

It's time he went to jail for it, with Cheney in the next cell over.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:13 PM

I'm sorry, but I may have misread...

No, wait a minute... I didn't!!!

Nowhere.. and I mean NOWHERE in Randy's post did he mention jack sh!t about a war on terror...

So you tell me who is propagating this crap, cause it certainly wasn't him...

In fact, the word "terror" was spoken (typed 7 times on this page of the thread (including this one))... and 5 of them were in Phils post...

And oh yeah, I agree with everything in Randy's post...

Last edited by RSVX; 01-18-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
The president got the vote under false pretenses, and he put us in war under false pretenses.

Three -- not one, not two, but three independent, bi-partisan commissions have said this is false, so, it's time this mantra went to bed. Britain, Russian, French intellegence ALL believed Saddam was a threat and had WMDs. Kennedy believed Saddam should have been disarmed. Kerry called Saddam's removal as well as other prominent dems, and the latter voiced this sentiment during Clinton's administration.

They've FOUND no WMDs -- doesn't mean they weren't there. From the time Colin Powell presented evidence to the UN and the UN did nothing, despite STRONG talk in the resolutions (read them) and the foot-draggin' began, Saddam had time to evacuate the entire population of Iraq, not to mention a few WMDs -- which his own former General perports were spirited away in stripped passenger planes to Syria under the guise of "flood relief," six weeks prior to the U.S. entering the country. O'course, Syria ain't sayin'. It's gonna be hard to prove...or disprove.

Also, Saddam wad'nt dumb. Remember the "Super Gun" that was found after the Iran/Iraq war and the pieces for a larger one, seized in London, on its way to Iraq, capable of sending a projectile into space? We were looking for missile silos and he was planning on using a freakin' CANNON -- lo-tech weaponery capable of high-level damage. There was also speculation that Saddam had several locations using WWII technology (yes, that technology's been around for a while) to enrich his uranium in small doses, to eventually come together to make the "big boom." Such lo-tech sites were found after Desert Storm http://muller.lbl.gov/TRessays/09_Lo..._Atom_Bomb.htm

I'm not saying screw-ups didn't happen. But I will say that I believe it was the right thing to do. And, I'm not sayin' all's lookin' hunkey-dorey. But I will say we've got to put in the time it takes to get the job done. AFTER the job's done, people can ***** all they want to, but, for now, let's get behind the home team and quit emboldening those who hate us, by making them feel legitimized.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-19-2007, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredubjay
I'm not saying screw-ups didn't happen. But I will say that I believe it was the right thing to do. And, I'm not sayin' all's lookin' hunkey-dorey. But I will say we've got to put in the time it takes to get the job done. AFTER the job's done, people can ***** all they want to, but, for now, let's get behind the home team and quit emboldening those who hate us, by making them feel legitimized.
I love you, man!