Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

Newsflash to Danny -- the US can be friends with whoever they want -- and if the mideast or anyone else doesn't like it too bad. Gee it's a real shame the US wont allow Israels neighbors to wipe them off the face of the earth. Let's just be clear here. We all know that is what the surrounding arab countries want -- another Holocaust.

If Hezbollah gave a flying F for the people of Lebanon they would return the hostages and disarm. If any of the arab countries gave an f about the Palestinians they would stop arming them and stop using them as pawns to prop up their dictatorial governments.

Everyone on this site and has bent over backwards to be sympathetic, and not once have you tried to see any other viewpoint but the terrorists.

Try seeing how much freedom of expression you have in Iran.

I've hung out with lots of Lebanese Christians. I like their culture, food, music, etc. And I feel bad that they have family that's in danger. But once again if you invite terrorists into your home, and they commit crimes and cause trouble don't go *****ing about it.

While I'm not crazy about everything my government has done, I support it. And if some pissant wants to come here and talk trash about my country they can f-off. Go talk endless trash on some Jihad web site.

The sooner Hezbollah, Hamas, Al Queda, etc etc etc are gone the better.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
I Read It Differently

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
Ummm...how exactly does Hezbollah or Iran have ANYTHING to do with 9/11? Perhaps you're not up to date on current events, but Al Queda (maybe you've heard of them, most were from a country called Afghanistan) was responsible for 9/11. NOT Iraq, NOT Iran, NOT Hezbollah. Hezbollah and Iran have about as much to do with 9/11 as Mexico and Djibouti.
You take exception to this posting by DanSVX94:

"A good friend of mine, a former Marine and a fire fighter was killed in 9/11. Terrorists groups like Hezbollah, Iran, etc are an enemy to the US and bear part of the responsibility for 9/11."

I read it somewhat differently than you do. He obviously knows who was DIRECTLY responsible for 9/11. I read it like he said it----terrorist groups "like" (as in the same kind of Islamic-Fascist terrorist organizations) Hezbollah and Iran (as in the foremost country involved in terrorist group funding) are the enemy of the US.

And they DO definitely bear some responsiblity for all Islamic-Fascist type terrorist organizations or activities. Through either direct funding, direct involvement, spiritual inspiration by radical mullahs, or simply moral support by public statements. It makes no difference whether a terrorist organization is Sunni, Shiite or any other sect---if they are Islamic fundamentalists that preach and teach irradication of Israel and ALL nonbelievers----THEY ARE ISLAMIC FASCISTS AND ARE ENEMIES OF THE US BY THEIR OWN CHOICE.

Lee

Last edited by lhopp77; 08-07-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Interesting Reporting

It is interesting to note the developing story on reporting from Beirut. Reuters mostly involved and a Lebanese photographer. I am sure it is not the only case of this happening.

It seems he likes to alter photographs and stage propaganda shoots like the incident at Qana. So, this is the "fair and balanced" reporting from there.

Lee

Last edited by lhopp77; 08-08-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
My 2 Cents

I think the polical forum threads are no better than the banned racing threads. We are here to share, discuss, and interact as fellow SVX owners and dip into the the general car world as a whole. The Not Exacty SVX threads are great as long a they stay away from religion, politics and sexual persuation. However, as a widower, I must say I am thinking hard ablout moving to the Channel Islands (that is where all these pictures are coming from, right?). Lets save some band width and our host's hard disc space and stay a little more focused.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)

Last edited by bwb3; 08-07-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckie
Why can I not coment about PMs without recieving one. I said the PM thing needs to be cleared up. People should not be publishing PMs they should be sent to mods if they find them offensive and then dealt with accordingly. Im not saying your PMs are offensive to me...I am saying that this battle needs to be stopped.
I disagree. If someone wants to publically post a PM, they should be able to. Just know that if the post does not meet the required guidelines for 'proper' posts, then the poster (not the original author) should be punished. The original author kept to rules by sending it via Private Message.

I'm amazed that the solution for receiving a 'offensive' PM is to report it to the mods. Delete the PM, don't respond to them, and ignore the user are all great mechanisms to cope with differing opinions that maybe offensive in nature.

Heck, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll start sending the PM's I receive from Landshark stating that I'm a filthy, horse humping-poopyhead to the Mods.

<note to Mods: better enlarge your PM capacity, you're about to get a ton of PM's>

Old 08-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
PM Revealed!!

I am posting my last insulting (implied) PM to shotgunslade.

PM:
I notice you did not publish my last PM. Did I say something that you did not want all to see? I don't care if you publish them.

Oh, I do take exception to the statement that I am trying to "personally insult" you. Well, unless calling you a bleeding heart liberal is an insult. I have definitely not insulted your intelligence or even questioned it. Just your loose use of facts.

I will admit that when someone starts talking about treatment of Indians 120-150 years ago---I get a bit glassy eyed and shake my head in wonder because it is usually a very narrow view and pointless reference. What about Indians 300-400 years ago---did we not do the same to them???? What about civilizations since time began?? What about slavery??? Now that was really a blight on our history."

Terribly insulting---wouldn't you say????

Lee
Old 08-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Certified Porschephile

Wow. I go on vacation and it all goes to hell around here. We should go back to the Alan vs Shadow wars. They were less intense. I even miss Robb. Not.

And france still sucks!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:29 PM
building more AK47's

And we wonder why we have problems in the world If we cant get along in a cyber generated atmosphere, how can we get along in the real world? This forum was created for opinions,feelings,and thoughts on domestic and foriegn matters and not to create rifts between this great website I come to love. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions(at the time being)and I myself am guilty of saying stupid things. There at times on this forum people get too angry at what the other person is saying an shoot off a response without thinking. Why are we on this site anyway? To hate one another? I hope not. There are things I disagree with, just like anyone else. Why cant we see this without degrading the person starting a topic? Thank you for your time and consideration on this issue.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I like France. They got this really cool tower there...

And a Archway. They got this Archway doo hickey thing that's really cool.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
And we wonder why we have problems in the world If we cant get along in a cyber generated atmosphere, how can we get along in the real world? This forum was created for opinions,feelings,and thoughts on domestic and foriegn matters and not to create rifts between this great website I come to love. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions(at the time being)and I myself am guilty of saying stupid things. There at times on this forum people get too angry at what the other person is saying an shoot off a response without thinking. Why are we on this site anyway? To hate one another? I hope not. There are things I disagree with, just like anyone else. Why cant we see this without degrading the person starting a topic? Thank you for your time and consideration on this issue.
This post makes me really angry. I hate this post.

(I posted this without thinking)

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:44 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
This post makes me really angry. I hate this post.

(I posted this without thinking)
See what I mean
Old 08-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I'm not reading this one, but I say Vive le Under Attack thread.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
See what I mean
I couldn't resist.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSVX94
Newsflash to Danny -- the US can be friends with whoever they want -- and if the mideast or anyone else doesn't like it too bad. Gee it's a real shame the US wont allow Israels neighbors to wipe them off the face of the earth. Let's just be clear here. We all know that is what the surrounding arab countries want -- another Holocaust.

If Hezbollah gave a flying F for the people of Lebanon they would return the hostages and disarm. If any of the arab countries gave an f about the Palestinians they would stop arming them and stop using them as pawns to prop up their dictatorial governments.

Everyone on this site and has bent over backwards to be sympathetic, and not once have you tried to see any other viewpoint but the terrorists.

Try seeing how much freedom of expression you have in Iran.

I've hung out with lots of Lebanese Christians. I like their culture, food, music, etc. And I feel bad that they have family that's in danger. But once again if you invite terrorists into your home, and they commit crimes and cause trouble don't go *****ing about it.

While I'm not crazy about everything my government has done, I support it. And if some pissant wants to come here and talk trash about my country they can f-off. Go talk endless trash on some Jihad web site.

The sooner Hezbollah, Hamas, Al Queda, etc etc etc are gone the better.
Dan, there is a huge difference between being friends for peace and being friends to support against. If you check your records you will see that there was a Hizbullah deputy (Trad Hamade) in our government who went to the States in 2005 and met Elizabeth Debel for country business purposes. Hizbullah is not like Hamas or Quaeda, they were trying to reach the outside world because the last thing they want to is to destroy Lebanon.

Well our pride and dignity won't allow the Israelis to win this War. We won't be intimidated anymore by them, not each time a "minor glitch" occurs, we will be facing a complete destruction of our country, this just doesn't add up. No one can pressure us this way.

P.S: When your government helped drove Syria out of Lebanon in 2005, I was more than satisfied with Bush and his government. But supporting massacres, this I cannot tolerate and we all know that your government can pressure Israel to stop those massacres and they are not doing so...
I have no issues whatsoever with your people, you all know how many times I have talked about going to the states and applying for a Visa and Green Card lottery and stuff... and I am still waiting.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Dan, there is a huge difference between being friends for peace and being friends to support against. If you check your records you will see that there was a Hizbullah deputy (Trad Hamade) in our government who went to the States in 2005 and met Elizabeth Debel for country business purposes. Hizbullah is not like Hamas or Quaeda, they were trying to reach the outside world because the last thing they want to is to destroy Lebanon.

Well our pride and dignity won't allow the Israelis to win this War. We won't be intimidated anymore by them, not each time a "minor glitch" occurs, we will be facing a complete destruction of our country, this just doesn't add up. No one can pressure us this way.

P.S: When your government helped drove Syria out of Lebanon in 2005, I was more than satisfied with Bush and his government. But supporting massacres, this I cannot tolerate and we all know that your government can pressure Israel to stop those massacres and they are not doing so...
I have no issues whatsoever with your people, you all know how many times I have talked about going to the states and applying for a Visa and Green Card lottery and stuff... and I am still waiting.
Well, considering your opinions (which is great to see another perspective on issues) stated in the type of posts, I'd say your chances of Visa and Green Card Lottery would be bleak especially since you've publically stated that you support the hezbollah (which is like the ultimate pure concentrated evil known to americans and israeli's alike).

Good luck with that.