IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Sold. :'-(

A couple stalling/electrical issues.

Hello. (Yes, this is a new thread).
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV, so I hope my descriptions are specific and accurate enough to aid diagnosis, and that my understanding of suggestions given will be acceptable.

I have a couple issues with my car, and was wondering what suggestions regarding diagnosis/repair you guys might have.

It's a '92 LS-L Touring AWD, with a recent automatic trans swap.
The swap included an external filter and dash-mounted temp gauge, and the radiator and plugs and a few other things were done at the same time.

What it's doing...If it's been sitting all day/night, it's fine. Once you drive it and park it, if you drive it again within the next few hours, it stalls and has difficulty restarting. More gas seems to help keep it going, but that's hard to do in an auto at stoplights, lol! I think I've ruled out bad gas, etc, and always run premium, so we should be OK there. The check engine light is not on, but I'm going to see if I can find someone to check for codes anyway, and I'm going to look for vacuum leaks and check the MAF. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Next problem; the dash lights (steering, brakes, ABS, etc) are coming on as if it's stalled, even when it's running. NO idea what would cause that, so ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Finally; those same lights dim and bright with corresponding high-low revs. I know this seems to be an electrical/charging issue, so I plan to look over the connections and the alternator. Any other advice greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU. I've recently been very frustrated with this car and several issues relating to it, and am even considering selling it and getting out of them altogether. But, I REALLY appreciate all the good people here who honestly try to help out and make this place such a great place to be.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0024.JPG (310.2 KB, 765 views)
Raxles front axles