Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2008, 07:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Re: New Shift Kit Developed

I've put quite a few miles on my teal now with mixed city/highway driving and everything is still perfect.

My ebony will be getting its transmission fixed soon, and I plan having the QC installed on it as well.
2009 Subaru Forester - Mileage Junky
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2017 Ford Mustang GT 6spd
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 PM

I plan on getting a prm intake also and a few other mods,wheelspin is in check,all my front tires have a threadware rating 0f at least 200,plus I have some new track lite rims I need to try out,hoping to hit a low 9.5 in the 1/8 mile on motor.The QC alone should give me a tenth,right now I'm around a 9.64 with a 2.2 60ft.If all else fell I still have some drag radials in storage.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
I just wish you all would take a deep breath and stop this crap. Great minds on all sides. Life is too short for all this BS. I hope hatchets can be buried and we go on with to-the-point tech talk. Everyone involved needs to just stop responding to posts that do not provide meaningfull information to us noobs that are searching for answers. The poetry I've just labored through on both sides (both forums) is a waste of my time, as is this nonsense about who is posting what. What ever happened to "I agree to disagree". Sorry if I offend anyone. Flame each other in PM's and leave the rest of us out of this, please.

Gene
BS, crap, flaming, and hatchets are not involved here. Technical talk to the point, most certainly is. If the contrived technical content of some the text bores you, pass it by.

The issue/point is that information regarding both the operating principle and the design of the "QC", has been put before members incorrectly, Both describe a commercial product offered here, for monetary gain. This is matter important and worthy of exact confirmation.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX

There is nothing I hate more than someone putting a box around another product, placing a sticker on it, and selling it for a large profit instead of helping out the community.

Bad form

Trevor goes, I go.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Accusations are all I see. Replied to with a picture and explanation of the originality of the kit. The latter being unanswered. I believe the bad form lies with the stone thrower.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 PM
SVX Addict

Send a message via MSN to BRADY Send a message via Skype™ to BRADY
Registered SVX

I am buying one.

Thanks for putting in the work to get it to the stage that it can be sold and installed with relative ease.
1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com
Old 06-24-2008, 04:28 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
Accusations are all I see. Replied to with a picture and explanation of the originality of the kit. The latter being unanswered. I believe the bad form lies with the stone thrower.
The post was answered, but along with all my other posts it has been removed. The bosses have decreed that I have no right of reply or query. None of the posts taken down included anything which in fact broke the posted rules.

I have no expectations that this one will survive very long.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:23 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX View Post
There is nothing I hate more than someone putting a box around another product, placing a sticker on it, and selling it for a large profit instead of helping out the community.

Bad form

Trevor goes, I go.

As I pointed out in the previous post, I am under fire and censorship from the rulers here. Right of reply has been denied me. I have been accused of telling lies, but the post involved has been removed, thus denying me of the relative defensive evidence.

I posted on the SVX World Forums, under the pseudonym "Faster", without disclosing my name. This is common practice as will be disclosed here within the members profiles, and is in no way dishonest.

It is now on record that the administration here co-operated with the rival site, which I have described as grubby for good reason, in tracing my identity. In this intrigue they provided records from this site, so that a match could be established. This information was exactly published on the grubby site but has since been removed.

One expects these sorts of record to be kept private and secure. I hold those involved in contempt. This post will probably disappear as did a thread I started titled, Posts by Trevor, which included evidence of criticism and interference from an administrator. My only hope is that it was read by a few, before removal.

There are facts/circumstances which members have a right to be made aware of. However this place is now run contrary to principles the world holds dear to the U.S. Opposing a dictatorship can lead towards a quick end and it is possible that this may be my fate. If so be sure that it was agaist my wishes.

I may be old, but I am not stupid much less senile.

Sincerely, Trevor.

P.S.
Posted by budfreak, June 24th 2008. in SVX World Forums, Thread “The Quick Change“ Post #191.

Copied and pasted Quote. ---- "The thread has been deleted. RSVX posted up a photo shot of our forums admin panel showing all of Fasters IP's along with a photo of their admin panel with Trevors IP's. Needless to say, Perfect match."

Last edited by Trevor; 06-24-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: PS
Old 06-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:

Bad form

Trevor goes, I go.
See my last comment below before you jump to unfounded conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
BS, crap, flaming, and hatchets are not involved here. Technical talk to the point, most certainly is. If the contrived technical content of some the text bores you, pass it by.

The issue/point is that information regarding both the operating principle and the design of the "QC", has been put before members incorrectly, Both describe a commercial product offered here, for monetary gain. This is matter important and worthy of exact confirmation.
In reference to the above two quotes, the posts debating this have been re-instated HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
The post was answered, but along with all my other posts it has been removed. The bosses have decreed that I have no right of reply or query. None of the posts taken down included anything which in fact broke the posted rules.

I have no expectations that this one will survive very long.
In reference to the above two posts. I agree with Matt (immortal_suby) here. Trevor, you offer nothing but conjecture and assumptions when it comes to Harvey's product. If you are SO SURE that he has done what you said and you TRULY wanted to help the community rather than harm Harvey you would purchase one of these, and dissect it for your proof. Until you do this, your claims hold no merit. All you do by continuing your baseless assumptions and accusations is discredit yourself. So by all means, carry on.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:45 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

I respect most of the opinions given here this site. Trevor has some good points. Harvey as well! Criticism, I have learned is good but can do a lot of damage. In that respect, I feel that Trevor should be allowed to 'carry-on' what he does.

In the meantime, Harvey, please just let your product prove itself out. Sometimes, a product can answer more questions than the maker of the product itself. The dyno plot I saw is awesome. It can scare some people off depending on how people interpret it. Despite the Level 10 hydrosystem I have, I STILL plan on getting your product. My $$$ isn't quite right at the moment, which is actually rare for me. I actually can't wait to get it though. It doesn't matter if you started it from scratch or rebranded it. My take on that is that even if it is something available for other people in some way shape or form, it sure as hell was not reported available all these years, let along used. Kudos for making this kit available for people.

There is a lot to be learned here. I am a huge fan of testing things out and reporting the actual results, instead of speculation and theory. Things are looking positive at the moment with little or no negative results. Let's hope it stays that way.

If anyone has the $$$, resources or time to test out what Trevor suggests, please do so. He may be offering invaluable information. No need to pit both ideas against each other when both can be built, tested and compared. Report results and keep moving. Thanks for listening/reading.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 06-24-2008, 08:21 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
I respect most of the opinions given here this site. Trevor has some good points. Harvey as well! Criticism, I have learned is good but can do a lot of damage. In that respect, I feel that Trevor should be allowed to 'carry-on' what he does.

If anyone has the $$$, resources or time to test out what Trevor suggests, please do so. He may be offering invaluable information. No need to pit both ideas against each other when both can be built, tested and compared. Report results and keep moving. Thanks for listening/reading.
+2.

If the product works well then great. If it doesn't then I'm sure revision 2 would correct those issues. Everyone who buys it understands theres a potential risk or side effect, just like all products on the market.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 06-24-2008, 10:10 AM

I like my QC shift kit. It is very controllable. When you need it to shift quickly it does just that. Other than that its very smooth under normal driving.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
+2.

If the product works well then great. If it doesn't then I'm sure revision 2 would correct those issues. Everyone who buys it understands theres a potential risk or side effect, just like all products on the market.
Thank you Tim. Sane logical words, amongst much else containing little fact.

It should be noted that throughout all of this, I have never suggested that the "QC" will not, or does not work. I have in fact put considerable effort into supporting Harvey's suggestion of possible increased power at the wheels, for a short time during gear changes. It is confirmed that I am the only one contributing here, or elsewhere, who knows exactly how the "QC" works.

The quite severe argument concerning side effects, has been exclusively addressed by Harvey and another member.

Last edited by Trevor; 06-24-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Sentence added.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post

Second. I designed my own circuit board, using a CAD program to suit the circuit that I wanted to use. I also designed it to allow me to build the board easily, as not having a right arm increases the degree of difficaulty in anything that I do, hence the low production of 10 a week. As can be seen in the picture it bares the Slick Shift logo both on the silk screen, and copper sides.

I now demand an apology of the same prominence as the slanderous accusations.

Harvey.

Quote:

Bad form

Trevor goes, I go.
I think Harvey just gave some pretty good proof that he designed the system and is in fact NOT using another companies design.

If what essentially is common everyday business practice bothers you, you might not want to buy anything again. No doubt, you've got things that are copies of other products on your own car (the hood with scoop perhaps?).

Not everyone can spend countless hours designing and building something and then not want to market it.....

(Put together an exact copy of your turbo setup and I'll buy it tomorrow, if you sell it at zero profit just so you can help out a fellow forum member)

Ask LAN to sell you a St2 kit for ZERO profit......it'll never happen. Ask Dayle to sell you an o2 sensor for the same price that I get better brand o2's for.

In all honesty, the "Trevor goes, I go." ending of your post is infact bad form.

Don't take my post for more than what it is. I'm not here to stir up trouble with you or other members, I just don't like the one-sided posts and constant flaming. I'd like people to take a step back and look at it from a different perspective.

I too, would have liked to have more info on the QC than what was initially given. Harvey didn't post about it right away, and that's fine with me. He would have came here when he wanted to.

I would also still like a few more questions answered before I decide on spending money or not. In all honesty, not everything has really been laid out in black and white on a marketing stand point. I think this is what is throwing alot of people off, this is NOT a forum member creating something JUST to help the community. This needs to be viewed as a businessman trying to market something he has invested time and money into. Much like LAN with ECUtune.

If you expect Harvey to give away EVERY little secret and even design plans, while still selling it to you for no profit, ask LAN to do the same and see how far you get in that conversation.......

I hope no one took offense, just stating my opinion on the matter.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

As there is some conjecture about the originality of my Quick Change, I have dug out some old photos of the development.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...t&limit=recent
The four stages (top left) show the research model that I made to develop the action that was needed to do the job that I wanted. This unit used a 1 of 10 chip to allow me to experiment with the change process.

Top right is the first working design, superseded by bottom left that is the model. That Jason and Tina are using, they were built on circuit boards that hand etched.

Bottom right is the final production model.

Second photo is of the research model in my car, this was in about Feb 2007

Third and fourth photos show the unit that has been in my car since April 2007, it is still doing service in my car now. As you can see it is an early working circuit, built on a punched board, before I etched a Printed board. The circuitry is the same, it just developed into the production one, that is the Quick Change now.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.