Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2009, 11:23 AM

Re: who wants an aftermarket rear sway bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbieatnz View Post
What do these washers look like?

Well, technically I guess you'd call it a spacer. It spaces the ball joint end out enough so things don't rub, and then the nut (a self-locking unit) is then put on afterwards. What I mean is that one of these would go on each side of the heim joint so it still has full range of motion, but they do double as a washer for the nut.

I've used them for years on other cars and had no problems.

As far as buying more and getting a better deal, I don't think that'll happen. It's not like I'm placing an order with a company and then they're shipping them out. I'm driving over to the machine shop, he's ordering a bunch of metal and bending it, and then I order everything else, do the rest of the work, and ship it out. Doing orders bigger than 10 at a time would be nothing more than a bigger hassle. I will physically be working on each individual bar, cutting, drilling, etc.. and making sure everything fits right. I'm honestly really not looking forward to when I start doing this whole process, lol, it's going to just DEVOUR time as I'm just doing this as a one-man show.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 07-28-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Well, technically I guess you'd call it a spacer. It spaces the ball joint end out enough so things don't rub, and then the nut (a self-locking unit) is then put on afterwards. What I mean is that one of these would go on each side of the heim joint so it still has full range of motion, but they do double as a washer for the nut.

I've used them for years on other cars and had no problems.

As far as buying more and getting a better deal, I don't think that'll happen. It's not like I'm placing an order with a company and then they're shipping them out. I'm driving over to the machine shop, he's ordering a bunch of metal and bending it, and then I order everything else, do the rest of the work, and ship it out. Doing orders bigger than 10 at a time would be nothing more than a bigger hassle. I will physically be working on each individual bar, cutting, drilling, etc.. and making sure everything fits right. I'm honestly really not looking forward to when I start doing this whole process, lol, it's going to just DEVOUR time as I'm just doing this as a one-man show.
I wholeheartedly give you credit for coming through with what so far is a solid product that is another proven enhancement for our cars.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
I wholeheartedly give you credit for coming through with what so far is a solid product that is another proven enhancement for our cars.

Well thanks Mike, I appreciate that. I prefer to wait to hear nice things until people actually have them though! I don't want to talk it up and have it not fill the hype... But I do believe this will compliment any SVX's handling prowess.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:43 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

Quote:
I'm honestly really not looking forward to when I start doing this whole process, lol, it's going to just DEVOUR time as I'm just doing this as a one-man show.
Awesome job with everything. Just make sure you take value in your time and charge accordingly. This way it's fair for you and you don't get burnt out.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 07-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Count me in for one of the first 10 and I will gladly pre-pay you for it. I'll pre-pay now if it helps. Thanks again for all of your work!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

hey this is totally awesome you are doing this! I'm really excited! The biggest difference between our community and many others, most of the coolest stuff starts from one man(or woman)'s hard work and passion for this awesome vehicle. I think we really have a unique community for this awesome unique car!

I hope you will be able to get through these quickly enough that you don't start hating the fact that you got yourself into it. lol
Old 08-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

447 days and counting.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

testing = successful
production date = ???

Rear Sway Bar + Johny's SVX =

WTF??
Quit bein a tease and lets start an order already!!!
pretty please?????????????

hahahahahaha
Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Chill out guys!
Take your time Nevin, we want it to be what you want it to be. I appreciate your effort. It must be alot of work to pull this together.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 08-26-2009, 10:56 AM
just trying to fix it!

Registered SVX

Right on! so are you making these? having a shop with a CNC bender do them? what material? heat treating? sounds sweet! i always need the technical nitty gritty! just for info.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by superru View Post
Right on! so are you making these? having a shop with a CNC bender do them? what material? heat treating? sounds sweet! i always need the technical nitty gritty! just for info.
Read the whole thread. I think what you are asking has been adequately covered.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Hey Kevin, put me down for 2--one for me and one for my son. Whether in first 10 or second 10--its all good. Also, when you need the money, just let me know.

Your hard work is definitely appreciated. There seems to be a lot of very impatient people on here, but I totally understand how it can be with a one man, part time project. Particularly when potential assistors change their minds.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 PM

First off, sorry I've been so long in-between my posts here. I'm no trying to leave you guys hanging! Also, thanks everyone for the support so far, I really do appreciate it.

That said, I just thought I would let you guys know that today I stopped and ordered the material for TEN bars. Any more than that number, and getting everything straight will simply be a nightmare. Also, I'm going out on a limb and not requiring any downpayment for a "holding" or anything like that. I am investing my own money into these simply because I know they will work and that you'll be satisfied. When the time comes, the proper "group buy" stuff will be gone through, and there will be a new thread as far as that is concerned. Once the first ten are out I'll wait and see how they go for a bit as far as installation, performance, etc... And then we'll just take it from there and see how it all goes.

Also know that nothing will be shipped until everything is ready to go. Every bar will be test-fit on my own car to ensure proper fitment, and I'm still waiting on a few other small details, but they shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, just wanted you all to be kept up on on my (very, very slow) progress and to re-assure you that this IS happening!

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Old 08-31-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post

I'm curious, have you been in Tom's silver car yet and driven it? Any thoughts on that matter there, mike? Just curious.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
When the time comes, the proper "group buy" stuff will be gone through, and there will be a new thread as far as that is concerned.
Great news! Please let me know if you do end up needing money in advance, I'd be glad to send it now.
Thanks again!