IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 04:15 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
... But again, I didn't move to Switzerland because of any monetary considerations, but simply to stay with my husband.

Love makes fools of us all, eh?

ya, in fact all the very organized information that you posted dosnt hold a torch to the irrationality of feelings(with great love comes the potential and probability for great hate) Who knows :/

phil
Old 03-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Its obvious by the sum total of your political opinions and leanings that you were never a republican. You may have pretended to be one since the vast majority of career military personnel are, but you were only trying to fool the leadership and yourself. The party has not changed that much at all. I will admit that they have slipped somewhat on fiscal responsibility, but they are still far and above the democrats in that area. It is true that the religious and very conservative right has become more vocal, but that is to counter the extreme far liberal left that is taking control of the democratic party. It is obvious that you are one of these extreme liberals.

I also watched the Hannitty AND Combs show with the young kid on there. You only report what you think and not what actually happened. Super liberal Combs worked that young 16 year old over for about 80 percent of the segment trying to make him admit that what he did was wrong. That he should not have recorded it, that he should have taken up his problem only with the teacher and that the teacher actually presented both sides for discussion purposes. The kid stood his ground and the liberal looked like an idiot for browbeating the young kid. Listen to that entire tape and tell me honestly that the teacher was not WAY off base. Hannitty only made a few comments at the end in support of the kid.

And it IS a national issue. It is very indicative of our problems in our institutional educational system. The majority of educators are liberal espousing positions and one sided opinions that detract from the real purpose of providing an education that prepares students for future leadership. Our educational system is one of the worst in the world and we are suffering from that now and will have great problems in the future. We are already importing foreigners to support our needs for the hard sciences and math. Get real----lousy educators ARE A NATIONAL ISSUE.

You are very wrong, I will never accept the democrat far left leaning philosophy that believes in taking my money to give to people that don't want to work. I can spend my money better than the governement. The democrats do not have a plan or plans--they can only criticize Bush because that is easy. I do not agree with Bush on everything, but the democrats have not presented a single plan that is any better----on ANY issue.

Lee

Freedom is NOT Free
No, I was a republican. I've always been moderate and believed in the freedom of others. The sudden extremity of the party, the incompetance, lack of morality, complete absense of fiscal conservatism, and greed forced me to leave. Mostly the extremity of the party where it stopped being a political party and became a religious one. It's like having the shi'ites in our backyard.

No-one has the right to limit someone else's freedoms as granted by our constitution. The republicans, who once were the hands off type now wish to legislate all they personally don't like. The came to power, and it went to their heads with the wrong type taking the helm. Like I said, just a year or so to go, and we'll have them back out and things will go back to normal. Great economy, no war dead, excellent stock market.... The way is was with Clinton.

Am I extreme? No, I'm far from being some tree hugging hippy. I'm moderate. I watch all the channels, and yes I saw Combs doing his thing. I'm not a fan of Combs, so no love lost there.

You know, if you stand at the edge of a cliff, is it a long way down or a long way up? Maybe it's not that 90% of the media is far left liberal. Maybe it's that 10% are so far right, they don't understand where the middle is.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-08-2006, 04:27 PM

oh!! Forgot. Some educator who is against Bush's policies does not make him a "lousy educator". It just makes him knowledgeable and up to date on current events.

That doesn't mean he should be pounding the pulpit like some neo conservative screaming prayer in school. It's a state funded classroom, and he needs to keep his opinions to himself while there. But for all we know, he may be an excellent instructor. Let's keep in mind, there is one kid on one neo news channel wagging that finger. No one else has picked up on it.

I guess this means I'm going to get a link to some ultra conservative site that has copied the story from Fox. Sigh....

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:09 PM
building more AK47's

I SEE MY THREAD HAS BECOME A POLITICAL MONSTER Keep rolling Im loving it
Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
Yeah, you started a good one! We need more to join in, it's getting hard fighting off all these neo's by myself.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:22 PM
building more AK47's

Well I plan on going to a gun show this weekend so I expect to see some "undercover neocons" there They are blending them in better now, its getting harder to pick them out of the crowds at gun shows lately
Old 03-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
don't worry, you'll by lynched in due time
Old 03-08-2006, 07:39 PM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
don't worry, you'll by lynched in due time
Yaaaaayy!! I havent gone swinging in such a long time
Old 03-08-2006, 07:49 PM
building more AK47's

Oh you mean on of these Nice knot as long as your not the end user

Last edited by demonsvx; 02-26-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
No, I was a republican. I've always been moderate and believed in the freedom of others. The sudden extremity of the party, the incompetance, lack of morality, complete absense of fiscal conservatism, and greed forced me to leave. Mostly the extremity of the party where it stopped being a political party and became a religious one. It's like having the shi'ites in our backyard.
I agree with you in on that one. That's why I never joined a party. The founding fathers never wanted political parties, and Washington even warned the people of what would happen if the party system took over.

Quote:
No-one has the right to limit someone else's freedoms as granted by our constitution. The republicans, who once were the hands off type now wish to legislate all they personally don't like. The came to power, and it went to their heads with the wrong type taking the helm. Like I said, just a year or so to go, and we'll have them back out and things will go back to normal. Great economy, no war dead, excellent stock market.... The way is was with Clinton.
Arrrgh! If I hear that argument one more time I'm going to vomit. Clinton rode the economy built by Reagan/Bush I. Little Willy created the economy that we have today. There is a 6 year lag in policy creation to market response. Anyone who's taken an intro to economics would have read that.

Clinton butchered the government to make the balance sheet look good. Then he split and let the next guy to have to spend the money to repair the damage Clinton did.

Quote:
Maybe it's not that 90% of the media is far left liberal. Maybe it's that 10% are so far right, they don't understand where the middle is.
You are joking, right? Because if you are not, that's pretty scary. Our news is so liberal, even Canadians think its left wing

So there!
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Bipa

Old 03-09-2006, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
I agree with you in on that one. That's why I never joined a party. The founding fathers never wanted political parties, and Washington even warned the people of what would happen if the party system took over.

Arrrgh! If I hear that argument one more time I'm going to vomit. Clinton rode the economy built by Reagan/Bush I. Little Willy created the economy that we have today. There is a 6 year lag in policy creation to market response. Anyone who's taken an intro to economics would have read that.

Clinton butchered the government to make the balance sheet look good. Then he split and let the next guy to have to spend the money to repair the damage Clinton did.

You are joking, right? Because if you are not, that's pretty scary. Our news is so liberal, even Canadians think its left wing

So there!
But Clinton was in office 8 years, and started with a huge deficit and a faltering economy. Hence.... Why Bush senior was passed over for a second term. The economy didn't really start reeling until Clinton's second term. And all the battles with congress to realize a balanced budget. Remember there were 3 times we didn't have a budget in time, and had to go to emergency funding.

I have to agree there will be a lag, but I can't buy a 6 year lag. Heck, even with that, Clinton's policies would have hit in the middle of our largest of booming economies. I think it's a lot shorter.... Say 3 years. And then, there must be an actual policy there to go into effect.

Like this one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060309/..._ec_fi/economy

Old 03-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
You can blame the trade deficiet on the Americans. We will buy cheap Chinese-made crap at Wal-Fart instead of buying a product made in America.

Until we Americans stop buying junk and return the buying trend to quality instead of price and bring our standard of living into a reasonable level, we will continue to self destruct.

Then we have the Unions forcing companies overseas. We are watching the UAW destroy the American auto industry right now. Companies cannot compete in a global economy with our health insurance, retirement and Union wages when other countries are using a labor force about a half-step above slaves. The Unions response is "Pay us more money." Am I the only one who sees the lack of logic in this one?

I was at Wal Mart the other day killing time (I don't shop there and I haven't for many years) and there is a series of products in the Auto section with a red, white & blue "American Made" label on them. Turn it over and you see in the fine print that "American Made" is the brand name and the contents are manufactured and packaged in China. Nice, huh?

As for your "Fair and balanced" reporting, lets look at the article you cited:
Critics contended the January deficit showed the failure of President Bush's free trade policy that has contributed to the loss of nearly 3 million U.S. manufacturing jobs.
"The American people need a Congress and an administration that will get tough on trade policy to rein in these runaway deficits," said Rep. Benjamin Cardin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means subcommittee on trade.
"China has been trading unfairly since it joined the World Trade Organization in 2002 and the administration has done nothing about it," said Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., on Thursday.

Hrm, not a single non-liberal quote among 'em.

Let's not forget who China's pawn was in the white house for 8 years that helped them get to where they are today which includes our nuclear secrets and the running of several US Ports (Funny the press doesn't mention that one)
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
building more AK47's

I see government failing at all levels local, state, and federal;Democratic AND Republican. Our county government has a huge issue with meth and cannot bust enough labs to fix the problem. Its slowly destroying our community. You can pick these people out of a crowd by how they act and how their homes look, its sad. Pharmacutical companies are in my opinion doing little. They can take one ingredient out and basically solve the meth problem. Our government has failed, they only do what benefits them not America. I also see the wonderful "Patriot Act" has been renewed, one continuing step towards a police state. If you dont see this happening now you will when they further limit your right to expression, assembly ,speech and most importantly protect yourself. Its happening right now but "corporate media" sure as hell isnt going to tell you Research what our Founding Fathers said over 200 years ago and its true today as then.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
You can blame the trade deficiet on the Americans. We will buy cheap Chinese-made crap at Wal-Fart instead of buying a product made in America.

Until we Americans stop buying junk and return the buying trend to quality instead of price and bring our standard of living into a reasonable level, we will continue to self destruct.

Then we have the Unions forcing companies overseas. We are watching the UAW destroy the American auto industry right now. Companies cannot compete in a global economy with our health insurance, retirement and Union wages when other countries are using a labor force about a half-step above slaves. The Unions response is "Pay us more money." Am I the only one who sees the lack of logic in this one?

I was at Wal Mart the other day killing time (I don't shop there and I haven't for many years) and there is a series of products in the Auto section with a red, white & blue "American Made" label on them. Turn it over and you see in the fine print that "American Made" is the brand name and the contents are manufactured and packaged in China. Nice, huh?

As for your "Fair and balanced" reporting, lets look at the article you cited:
Critics contended the January deficit showed the failure of President Bush's free trade policy that has contributed to the loss of nearly 3 million U.S. manufacturing jobs.
"The American people need a Congress and an administration that will get tough on trade policy to rein in these runaway deficits," said Rep. Benjamin Cardin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means subcommittee on trade.
"China has been trading unfairly since it joined the World Trade Organization in 2002 and the administration has done nothing about it," said Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., on Thursday.

Hrm, not a single non-liberal quote among 'em.

Let's not forget who China's pawn was in the white house for 8 years that helped them get to where they are today which includes our nuclear secrets and the running of several US Ports (Funny the press doesn't mention that one)
I don't get it. Are you one of the 6 people left in our country who feels Bush has been a good president? What are his positive accomplishments?