Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should we do with George Dubya?
Give him a medal 6 13.04%
Nothing. He's done no wrong 9 19.57%
Censure him 5 10.87%
Impeach him 15 32.61%
Smack his mama for not getting an abortion 18 39.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Oops. I thought it was in 93. My bad.
Heh... no big deal. I can be mistaken at times, too! You're keeping me on my toes and honest, and that's fine. Heck... kinda like your job, eh? Feel free to challenge my data any time. Unlike some folks, I do try to be accurate and check reputable sources BEFORE I post something as a factual statement.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:21 PM

Oops

LEE:
"You know full well that it was totally two separate cases of gestapo tactics by federal agencies even under guidance by then Clinton appointed and annointed lesbian Attorney General Janet Reno."

BIPA:
"August 21, 1992 is when the shootout and stand-off at Ruby Ridge started.
Clinton was sworn in as president on January 20, 1993

Unlike some folks, I do try to be accurate and check reputable sources BEFORE I post something as a factual statement."

WGJ:
From PBS Waco: The Inside Story Chronology of the Siege
"In the early morning, Acting Attorney General Stuart GERSON gives an update to CLINTON, who implicitly endorses a negotiated solution and asks to be advised if there is any change in strategy.

On July 21, 2000, after a 10 month investigation, Danforth issued a preliminary report exonerating the government and its agents. His report concluded that federal agents did not start the fire, direct gunfire at the complex, or improperly employ US armed forces. Danforth assigned responsibility for the tragedy to the Branch Davidians and David Koresh. According to the report, they contributed to the tragedy by refusing to exit the compound during the 51 day standoff, directing gunfire at FBI agents, shooting members of the compound, and ultimately setting the fire that burned the compound down."

Congratulations, Lee! God loves you...(can you guess why?)
And then there is that ever-irritating question of the relevence of any of this: Unless you're trying to indict the entire Bush crime family?
Don't waste any more of my time with more of your weak BS,
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 06-01-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
More Medals For Bush

Don't you all think he deserves a couple more medals???? Ain't it grand!!!!!
Along with some Iraqis, military leaders and intelligence guys.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-10-2006, 09:49 PM

I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC), from Diogenes Laertius, Lives of Eminent Philosophers
Old 06-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC), from Diogenes Laertius, Lives of Eminent Philosophers
"i think, therefore i think i'll have another beer."

L. Shark (2006)

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-10-2006, 11:22 PM

Yo Landshark,

can you open a beer bottle with that brow?
WGJ
Old 06-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
All Quiet

All quiet on the political front. I can't believe how peaceful it has been this week. Love it.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-11-2006, 03:12 PM

You've Convined Us It's A Waste Of Time:

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo (1863 - 1941)
Old 06-12-2006, 01:32 AM

A man walked into a cowboy bar and ordered a beer just as President Bush came on the TV. After a few sips he looked up at the screen and mumbled, "Now there is the biggest horse's ass I've ever seen."
Immediately a customer at the end of the bar got up, walked over, decked him and left.
A few minutes later, the man was finishing his beer when Dick Cheney appeared on the TV. "He's a horse's ass too," he said. A customer from the other end of the bar got up, walked over and knocked him off his stool.
"Dadgum!" the man said, climbing back up to the bar. "This must be Bush & Cheney country."
"Nope," the bartender replied, "Horse country!"
Old 06-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Hater

A teacher in a small Vermont town asks her class how many of them are John Kerry fans. Not really knowing what a John Kerry fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raise their hands except one boy. The teacher asks Little Johnny why he has decided to be different. Johnny says, "I'm not a John Kerry fan." The teacher says, "Why aren't you a John Kerry fan?" Johnny says, "I'm a George Bush fan." The teacher asks why he's a George Bush fan. The boy says, "Well, my mom's a George Bush fan and my dad's a George Bush fan, so I'm a George Bush fan!" The teacher is kind of angry, because this is Vermont, so she asks, "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?" Little Johnny says, "That would make me a John Kerry fan".

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Bipa

Well, since we're telling jokes now, here's one I found amusing

A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What are all those clocks?"

St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move."

"Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?"

"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie."
"Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?"

St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life."

"Where's Bush's clock?" asked the man.

"Bush's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."

Old 06-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Fixed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Well, since we're telling jokes now, here's one I found amusing

A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What are all those clocks?"

St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move."

"Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?"

"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie."
"Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?"

St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life."

"Where's Clinton's clock?" asked the man.

"Bill's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."

Fixed the post as it was originally told. Can you actually prove a single lie that Bush has told--I don't think so? Don't try the WMD trick as that does not work---there are hundreds of pieces of evidence indicating that every single leader and intelligence agency in the world thought the same thing.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Ren-Ma Osu

Lets by Bush an SVX with Iraqi plates
Old 06-12-2006, 11:04 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Can you actually prove a single lie that Bush has told--I don't think so?
"We do not torture." November 7, 2005.

Proof

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Can you actually prove a single lie that Bush has told--I don't think so? Don't try the WMD trick as that does not work---there are hundreds of pieces of evidence indicating that every single leader and intelligence agency in the world thought the same thing.
Lee
Every single world leader believed in the WMDs? Wow... and here I thought the main reason that MOST countries DIDN'T join in the invasion is because they had serious doubts about the whole thing. But ok... lets leave out the biggest lie of all and go on to a few others. There are so many to choose from

1. About the Guantanamo detainees…
These are people picked up off the battlefield in Afghanistan. They weren't wearing uniforms . . . but were there to kill. (President Bush 06/20/05)

Nope, only 5% of the detainees were captured by US forces. The US paid Pakistani and Northern Alliance bounty hunters for 86% of the detainees. 55% of the detainees are not determined to have committed any hostile acts against the United States or its coalition allies
http://law.shu.edu/news/guantanamo_r...al_2_08_06.pdf

2. About domestic spying…
During the 2004 campaign, on Apr 20th, Bush said, “Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so.”
http://chris-floyd.com/bush/

3. On hurricane Katrina…
I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees. President Bush (09/01/05)

National Hurricane Center director Max Mayfield "talked about the force of Katrina during a video conference call to President Bush at his ranch in Crawford, Texas" on August 28 [St. Petersburg Times, 8/30/05]. The Washington Post quoted Mayfield on September 6: "They knew that this one was different. ... I don't think Mike Brown or anyone else in FEMA could have any reason to have any problem with our calls. ... They were told ... We said the levees could be topped."

The Times-Picayune published a five-part series in June 2002, in which it warned that if a large hurricane hit New Orleans, the city's levees would likely be topped or broken -- resulting in catastrophic flooding and thousands of deaths.

4. On the number of troops in Iraq…
"And I have yet to hear from our commanders on the ground that they need more troops." President Bush (11/04/04)

February 2003, a few weeks before the invasion began, then-Army Chief of Staff Gen. Eric Shinseki, now retired, told Congress that "something on the order of several hundred thousand soldiers ... would be required" to stabilize postwar Iraq. Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz rejected this claim, insisting that he was "reasonably certain that they [the Iraqis] will greet us as liberators, and that will help us to keep [troop] requirements down." Rumsfeld shared Wolfowitz's optimism. "Rumsfeld said the post-war troop commitment would be less than the number of troops required to win the war. He also said 'the idea that it would take several hundred thousand U.S. forces, I think, is far from the mark,' " [CNN, 3/3/03].

5. On the direct threat Iraq posed to the USA…
"There is a real threat, in my judgment, a real and dangerous threat to America in the form of Saddam Hussein." President Bush (10.28.02)
"I see a significant threat to the security of the United States in Iraq." President Bush (11.01.02)
Iraq and Saddam never posed a direct threat to the USA.

On the unity of the world’s response to the US plans to invade Iraq…
"Today the world is...uniting to answer the unique and urgent threat posed by Iraq." President Bush (11.01.02)
"The world is also uniting to answer the unique and urgent threat posed by Iraq whose dictator has already used weapons of mass destruction to kill thousands." President Bush (11.23.02)
The world was not, and still is not united on the topic of Iraq.

6. On deficit spending…

Bush said “I remember campaigning in Chicago and one of the reporters said, ‘Would you ever deficit spend?’ I said, ‘Only – only – in times of war, in times of economy insecurity as a result of a recession or in times of national emergency.’ Never did I dream we’d have a trifecta.’”

Actually, it was Gore who said that originally, not Bush.

Ah, heck... just go check out these sources for lots more, or for 2 minutes for a couple of hundred thousand more web sites and examples of lies. I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

http://www.failureisimpossible.com/needtoknow/lies.htm
http://bush-lies.blogspot.com/
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20031013/corn
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9429978/...wsweek/page/2/
http://pearly-abraham.tripod.com/htmls/bushlies1.html
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/edi...and_videotape/
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0302/S00061.htm