SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
I think we're ALL dying for some info here... we know nothing more than when, and the town it's in. I plan to be there (I hope... long story in another rant), and I think a lot of people WANT to come... but without more information I can't just wander around Rockford jumping out at random SVX's on the road and asking if they're going to the meet.

Does anyone else here know Rockford well enough to find a place to meet?
Old 06-20-2003, 03:29 PM
rcraven32

Is this thing really going to happen and if so, it is just a 3 hour drive from me.

Hard to convince the wife to drive over without an agenda or an official destination.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Meet

Hi everyone, I told my wife today, if we were closer I would pitch in and help. But I don't have a clue about Rockford, Il. I hope something bad has not happened to Mike. Keep Posting any info. Take care, BOBB
Old 06-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
AHHHH, here goes

Ok... Just want to start off with: I am NOT running this, just relaying some info, and trying to jumpstart some life back into this meet: here goes, hotel that was suggested and accepted was the comfort inn...
Comfort Inn
7392 Argus Dr.
Rockford, IL, US *** (815) 398-7061
http://www4.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/Search ( click on the rockford one)

This could be a place to meet. the check in time is 3PM but i'm sure we could hangout in the parking lot and stuff or after lunch and be fine. How about we set a time around like noon or so(meet for lunch) friday, and then the people that can only be there friday(like me) still have a lot of time to hang out. Do you guys want me to call them and try to hook something up? i think Lwin or Michael should. But i will if they are busy. There are driving directions on the website, (click on link, click on rockford, click on "local map/driving directions". Someone is going to call me tomorrow about possible group rate. i'm not sure about how much there is going to be, Michael, if you could also talk to them again that would be helpful... Like i said before I'm NOT running this, just want it to get off the ground.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 06-21-2003, 07:15 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

I do hope all's well with Michael and Lwin.

Comfort Inn sounds good to me. I probably won't check in in advance though. My daughter is due to deliver within the next three weeks or so, and I need to keep my options open.

Can we get a final count?
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 06-21-2003, 10:58 AM
vollyball19

What about those of us (aka me) who can't make it on friday but are going to be there on saturday? Where should we meet you guys?
Old 06-21-2003, 11:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to ykobayashi
Registered SVX
Ditto for Me on Saturday

Yeah, me too. I'll be driving in from the sprawling metropolis of Waukegan as well on Saturday morning, maybe we can get a small convoy out to Rockford going?

Yoshi
Old 06-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Poor College Racer

I'm really not sure about anything in rockford (i live about an hour away) ummm i don't know. what time do you think that you guys could be there? 12? or earlier?

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 06-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Re: AHHHH, here goes

Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
Ok... Just want to start off with: I am NOT running this, just relaying some info, and trying to jumpstart some life back into this meet: here goes, hotel that was suggested and accepted was the comfort inn...
Comfort Inn
7392 Argus Dr.
Rockford, IL, US (815) 398-7061
http://www4.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/Search ( click on the rockford one)

This could be a place to meet. the check in time is 3PM but i'm sure we could hangout in the parking lot and stuff or after lunch and be fine. How about we set a time around like noon or so(meet for lunch) friday, and then the people that can only be there friday(like me) still have a lot of time to hang out. Do you guys want me to call them and try to hook something up? i think Lwin or Michael should. But i will if they are busy. There are driving directions on the website, (click on link, click on rockford, click on "local map/driving directions". Someone is going to call me tomorrow about possible group rate. i'm not sure about how much there is going to be, Michael, if you could also talk to them again that would be helpful... Like i said before I'm NOT running this, just want it to get off the ground.
Hi DMN, Did the motel get back to you about the group rate? Take care, BOBB
Old 06-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Poor College Racer

Unhappy

I really don't have any clue what i'm doing... but i think i need 2 lists... one of all the people who want to attend at somepoint during the friday saturday meet... and 2nd, i need one of the people who need a hotel room, to stay overnight. I haven't heard back from the hotel, but I'm not sure what to say even if I do get a hold of someone... i don't know howmany rooms we'd need... I would like to be able to help do this. but i can't do it by myself, Mike and Lwin are busy, i don't know if this is going to happen... Does anyone else live near rockford that could find a couple places to eat? or talk to the hotel manager in person?? lets start those two lists

People needing a Room:

People planning on attending:
drivemusicnow

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 06-22-2003, 01:42 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Okay, how's this?

Friday I should get there early (before noon) assuming my daughter doesn't, uhm, spill.
So we meet at the Comfort Inn, do lunch locally, where we'll decide on dinner, or whatever we'll do in the p. If the weather's nice we could go to a local beach? (Caravan to Madison and back?, heh.)

Who's up for Great America (?) on Saturday? Those who are only coming on that day could meet us there. Or not.

Any other ideas? Surely a bunch of creative SVXers can fill two days. After all, there wasn't that much organization in Lafayette, and we had a great time.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 06-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

itinerary

Hi meet freaks, Sue and I are coming from near Detroit,Mi. On Friday . We are notorious for leaving on trips/vacation much later than we had planned. However we still would get to Rockford about mid afternoon. As for where to meet each day I would say just meet at the motel. Take care, BOBB

P/S I will go ahead and make my reservations directly. BOBB

Last edited by Bobb; 06-22-2003 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Rooms

Hi everyone, Just checked with Comfort Inn in Rockford and there are no rooms for June 27th for two nights. The closest comfort Inn would be Rochelle, Il. wherever that is. Take care, BOBB
Old 06-22-2003, 10:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to ykobayashi
Registered SVX
Postpone Meet?

All,

Its getting down the the 11th hour on this Rockford meet. Without Lwin and Michael's leadership and initiative on this event we seem to be afloat in a sea of confusion.

Therefore I am proposing a possible postponement of this Friday and Saturday's activities. What do you think?

As an alternative we can postpone until the weekend of July 11 -12 and have the meet in Waukegan (mine and Waison's old stomping grounds) the reason I am suggesting Waukegan (while its no prettier than Rockford) is that on the weekend of July 11-12 we have what is called "Scoop the Loop" its a weekend where the Midwest's (and beyond) car nuts amass to oogle and race each other's cars. You can see the website here:

http://www.scooptheloop.com/Events.htm

They have bands, dances, refreshments and what is called "open scooping" While the "scooping" is limited to show cars, muscle cars and antiques, I think "open scooping" is, well, open. Scoop the Loop draws a pretty big crowd, according to the website they had over 40k people the last few years. though I think that is a bit exaggerated. I'm sure we could scoop as well though we'd probably be booed as heretics for driving late model Japanese cars (and Subarus no less!) but I'm sure there will be more than a few riced up Hondas and Mitsus there too. Other things to do afterwards would be Six Flags is about 15 minutes away, the largest outlet mall in the world (supposedly), lots of places to stay for the night and places to eat and the lakefront beaches.

I admit as a 30 year resident of this town I have never been involved with nor been a part of "Scooping" so I really have no idea of what to expect. I'm just throwing it out there as an alternative to this last minute Rockford meet. If we were to do it here I guess I'd have no alternative but to volunteer my services to get it together since I am a "native" (Waisons, as a former Waukeganite you'd help too right? ).

Honestly I have no plans on stealing anyone's thunder. I'd much rather just go to Rockford and not have to worry about the responsibity of putting something like this together. As I write this I think of how wise it is to volunteer for something like this. But I'd really want to go to a meet and I'd love to see some "SVX representin'" going on especially at a fairly high profile event.

Let me know what you think...

Yoshi
Old 06-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Poor College Racer

GOOOOO YOU.... sounds good, i'll try to be there, and if you need any help with anything i would love to help in whatever way i could... Thankyou for volunteering. I appreciate it greatly.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker