Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
wouldn't you agree though, to really prove who's more intelligent, a test needs to be conducted on an unbiased sample of people, then compared each other to really get the answer?
That'd be nice, because then I could shut all of you up. But until then, I have to use the 'a higher percentage of mac users have degrees than PC users', income, and my own personal experiences. Also, the 'test' of intelligence could be questionable.... instead of 'testing' intelligence, I say you just look for SIGNS of intelligence. Surely everyone here, including Noir, can think of people they view as highly intelligent, or less than intelligent, and you've MADE those judgements without doing a formal test.

- Rob
Old 03-28-2004, 03:57 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: Re: why

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248

I understand completely. I'm just resisting the temptation to join the argument by reminding myself that i'll just be wasting my time trying to show someone the truth when they don't really care about the truth.

Bottom line, Rob's wrong (again)...and Alan, well for once, he's right.

There, end of argument.

Well it depends. If one finds enjoyment in the argument, then it is no longer a waste of time, but a means of entertainment/enjoyment . I enjoy reading 'Rob's World'.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:02 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

That'd be nice, because then I could shut all of you up. But until then, I have to use the 'a higher percentage of mac users have degrees than PC users', income, and my own personal experiences. Also, the 'test' of intelligence could be questionable.... instead of 'testing' intelligence, I say you just look for SIGNS of intelligence. Surely everyone here, including Noir, can think of people they view as highly intelligent, or less than intelligent, and you've MADE those judgements without doing a formal test.

- Rob
If you can ever find evidence to support your absurd claim, I don't think anyone will believe it. This argument has been going on for 4 months. You still have yet to find something.....120 days is a long time you know.

Having a degree does not mean you have high intelligence.
Higher income does not mean you have high intelligence.
You can look for signs of intelligence, but you can not measure it by just comparing it to you.

What do people say about a fish not being able to see out of it's environment?
Old 03-28-2004, 04:45 AM
Hater

Re: Re: why

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Bottom line, Rob's wrong (again)...and Alan, well for once, he's right.

There, end of argument.
i believe that, for once, Shadow is correct.

i really don't even have much interest in this topic - its just kind of entertaining to pull Rob's string and watch as he hangs himself with it ......... logic and common sense go out the window in another episode of 'Mr. Robert's Neighborhood'.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Re: Re: Re: why

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
its just kind of entertaining to pull Rob's string and watch as he hangs himself with it ......... logic and common sense go out the window
Who was it who was claiming macs were limited but couldn't provide any examples? Who was it who claimed a mac hard drive is somehow different than a PC hard drive? Or that mac/pc cdroms are different? Or ram? Or monitors?

Oh yeah, that'd be you, Landshark. You don't know what you are talking about, and you can't admit it.

- Rob
Old 03-28-2004, 11:04 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
I have proof Macs suck...

at Wal-Mart PC formated floppy disks are $3.47 for a 10 pack, Mac formated disks are $4.47 for a 10 pack (same brand, just different formating).

End of discussion

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Hater

Quote:
Oh yeah, that'd be you, Landshark. You don't know what you are talking about, and you can't admit it.
wrong again, i did admit that i don't know much about Mac hardware. see.....

Quote:
i have no idea actually, i don't own a Mac. you can actually cram a regular CD/DVD drive in that hemisperical little base on those things? i'm pretty sure they don't sell those pretty widescreen Mac monitors at Best Buy.
now why can't you admit your whole 'Mac users are more intelligent' arguement is we todd did?

college and earnings don't equal intelligence, BTW. a college education can be had by money and hard work - not much intelligence required. some of the people in my classes were morons and graduated. income - well, Anna Nicole Smith has a lot of money. is she intelligent?

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:

now why can't you admit your whole 'Mac users are more intelligent' arguement is we todd did?
Please speak English.

Quote:
college and earnings don't equal intelligence,
No, but they are SIGNS of intelligence. This is why companies prefer to hire people with college degrees- they're generally more intelligent, and harder working.

Quote:
BTW. a college education can be had by money and hard work - not much intelligence required.
It must be great to think you are always right.

Quote:
some of the people in my classes were morons and graduated.
How can you judge that they are morons? Did you test them with their abilities to gain knowledge? Did you look at their test scores? I'm sure Noir would just LOVE to hear how you can deem them as morons without a test. Oh wait, he won't, because he only disagrees with me, and not you, because you are both PC users. Again, flawed Logic. Noir, if you believe so blindly that the ONLY way to judge intelligence is through tests, I suggest you pick on Landshark to explain HOW he can call certain people morons WITHOUT tests.

Quote:
income - well, Anna Nicole Smith has a lot of money. is she intelligent?
A few things on this example of yours:

1. in·come ** *P***Pronunciation Key**(nkm)
n.
The amount of money or its equivalent received during a period of time in exchange for labor or services, from the sale of goods or property, or as profit from financial investments.

Income is the amount of money you MAKE in a set time period. I wasn't aware that Anna Nicole Smith had much of an income. I remember she married some really old really rich guy, and recieved all his money when he died, but I don't consider that 'income', since that was years ago. Perhaps you know what she's up to these days that's generating her massive 'income'?

2. According to Noir, we can neither call her intelligent, unintelligent, or highly intelligent without testing. So you might want to ask HIM that question.

- Rob
Old 03-28-2004, 05:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
I have proof Macs suck...

at Wal-Mart PC formated floppy disks are $3.47 for a 10 pack, Mac formated disks are $4.47 for a 10 pack (same brand, just different formating).

End of discussion
Both are a rip off.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Phil & Belha

Wink How can I become more intelligent?

I have about 20 PC's at home, and another hundred or so at work. How many more do I need to buy to be as intelligent as a Mac User?

Or does having lots of PC's make me more stupid? Does the brand of PC matter? Would I be more or less intelligent if I went out and bought a quad-xeon Proliant server? Does it make a difference that I run Linux instead of Windows? What if I run Linux on a Mac instead of OSX?

What if I go and buy an HPUX or Solaris box or even an IBM mainframe? Are their users more or less intelligent than Mac users?

What if somebody sells their Mac and buys a PC, does their IQ drop fifty points?

It's my observation that most of the people who argue about Macs vs PCs don't know enough about computers to judge what makes a good one. This argument that a persons intelligence somehow depends on what computer they buy is even more lame.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:36 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:

I remember she married some really old really rich guy, and recieved all his money when he died, but I don't consider that 'income', since that was years ago. Perhaps you know what she's up to these days that's generating her massive 'income'?

- Rob
Well for an intelligent Mac user you don't know too much. Last I heard (about 2 months ago) she hasn't recieved any of his money because his family is fighting it. She does however have her own TV show, which I'm pretty sure she gets lots of money for (although not positive). Having a TV show is income, correct Rob? If so, she has high income, so therefore should be more intelligent, and should also own a Mac.

Your logic doesn't work:
People with higher intelligence use Macs. Higher intelligence leads to higher income. Person has higher income. That person most likely uses a Mac.

That's almost like saying:
Fat people eat a lot. Food costs money. Money is earned through work. Fat people most likely work a lot.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Re: How can I become more intelligent?

Quote:
Originally posted by b3lha
I have about 20 PC's at home, and another hundred or so at work. How many more do I need to buy to be as intelligent as a Mac User?

Or does having lots of PC's make me more stupid? Does the brand of PC matter? Would I be more or less intelligent if I went out and bought a quad-xeon Proliant server? Does it make a difference that I run Linux instead of Windows? What if I run Linux on a Mac instead of OSX?

What if I go and buy an HPUX or Solaris box or even an IBM mainframe? Are their users more or less intelligent than Mac users?

What if somebody sells their Mac and buys a PC, does their IQ drop fifty points?

It's my observation that most of the people who argue about Macs vs PCs don't know enough about computers to judge what makes a good one. This argument that a persons intelligence somehow depends on what computer they buy is even more lame.
I'm going to judge you right now, and deem you as one of two things: 1. Unintelligent or the only other explanation: 2. You didn't read what I wrote. I have never said that all PC users are stupid. I have never said that all Mac users are intelligent. Think of it this way: Some people own ferraris. Some people own camaros with nitrous. The camaros with nitrous are faster, cheaper, and a LOT more popular. Ferraris are slower, more expensive, and kinda rare.

Which group, the ferrari or the camaro owners, do you think would have a higher AVERAGE intelligence?

- Rob
Old 03-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Well for an intelligent Mac user you don't know too much.
I stated that I don't know what income he's referring to, because I don't watch TV, nor do I care to keep up on what overweight ex-playboy bunnies do for a living. Maybe you are unable to read what I wrote? Let me reiterate it for you, since you apparently missed it the first time.

QUOTE (of myself, and I'll even put it in bold so hopefully you'll be able to read/comprehend it this time) I wasn't aware that Anna Nicole Smith had much of an income. Perhaps you know what she's up to these days that's generating her massive 'income'?

So as you can clearly see, if anybody's intelligence is to be questioned, it's yours, because I quite clearly stated that I do NOT know what some fat playboy model does, or how she gets income.

Quote:
Last I heard (about 2 months ago) she hasn't recieved any of his money because his family is fighting it. She does however have her own TV show, which I'm pretty sure she gets lots of money for (although not positive).
Wow. Great. If I ever care to know something about washed up playboy models, I'll contact you.

Quote:
Having a TV show is income, correct Rob? If so, she has high income, so therefore should be more intelligent, and should also own a Mac.
You do not make ANY sense, because your logic is completely and totally false. Let me explain it in a different way, that you might understand: Alright, let's make a statement first: All SVXs are automobiles. Agree? Now, you just completely flipped my statement around (saying that if you are rich, you must be intelligent, and you must own a mac), so let's flip the SVX statement around: All automobiles are SVXs. That is NOT true. You apparently have NEVER taken a logic class, because you cannot switch a statement around like that and expect it to be true.

Quote:
Your logic doesn't work:
People with higher intelligence use Macs. Higher intelligence leads to higher income. Person has higher income. That person most likely uses a Mac.
I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT. EVER. You flipped what I've said around, AGAIN. The fact that you still COMPLETELY fail to understand only furthers my point, because your intelligence must be lacking. I have QUITE CLEARLY explained my point again and again, and you still don't get it. I have NEVER said that using a mac makes you smarter, using a PC makes you dumber, that all smart people use macs, that all dumb people use PCs, or anything like that. In fact, I'd say that MORE SMART PEOPLE USE PCs THAN MACS.

I'll say it again, if you're talking pure numbers here, A LOT MORE SMART PEOPLE USE PCS, than macs. One more time: If you put all the smart people in ONE room, chances are they'd be using a PC.

However, if you put every mac users in a room, they're average intelligence would probably be higher than the average intelligence of all PC users.

- Rob
Old 03-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Phil & Belha

Re: Re: How can I become more intelligent?

Quote:

I'm going to judge you right now, and deem you as one of two things: 1. Unintelligent or the only other explanation: 2. You didn't read what I wrote. I have never said that all PC users are stupid. I have never said that all Mac users are intelligent.
I never accused you of saying that. However, statistically speaking, according to your theory, I am more likely to be unintelligent because I have a PC rather than a Mac. But I am unclear as to whether the statistic can be multiplied by the number of PC's that I have or whether there are any other factors that have been overlooked.
Quote:
Think of it this way: Some people own ferraris. Some people own camaros with nitrous. The camaros with nitrous are faster, cheaper, and a LOT more popular. Ferraris are slower, more expensive, and kinda rare.

Which group, the ferrari or the camaro owners, do you think would have a higher AVERAGE intelligence?

- Rob
I absolutely don't understand your analogy with ferrari and camaro owners. It occurs to me that the people will own whatever car suits their personal preference and budget. I would not presume either group is more intelligent. It is also possible that members of one group might aspire to be members of the other and this would have no effect whatsoever on their intelligence.

Phil.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Which group of people would you deem 'generally more intelligent':

1. WWF audience
2. Audience at a symphony

You KNOW the answer, but you will not admit it.

- Rob
Closed Thread