Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: jdm svx trans, will it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Alex has now received the required US TCU, as a result of a members kindness, for which he is very thankful.

Jason and Harvey, have now stated that they believe the solenoid should be changed regardless, and that the information I have provided is rubbish. They have taken this stance, as a way out of assisting Alex in any shape or form, stating that I am on my own, and they will look forward with glee, to the venture failing. This is a significant cop out, as Jason was the supplier of the transmission, and Harvey his advisor.

I will not be leaving Alex stranded, and will continue to do my best for him. However everything is in abeyance pending the acquisition of a US 3 wire speed sensor. A post here in the parts wanted section, has sadly so far brought no response.

Also required is resistance data on the US atmospheric sensor, so that this can be substituted with a manual control. If someone has one in a parts car, this would enable measurements to be taken.

In the event that the sensor is unobtainable, the project will have to proceed by making wiring modifications, trusting that the exiting sensor can be utilised. However this alternative is far from the best solution.
Just to keep the record accurate, this is the conversation that was posted on the Forums.

Quote:
Trev. wrote:
I must assume that the topic here, is the discussion taking place involving Alex of Norway, in which Harvey has participated. Alex is most certainly badly affected as a result. This matter has been terminated, due to final absolute proof, in respect of my statements correcting the errors involved.

Quote:
My answer.
Without your help, Alex would have done the C solenoid swap, and be happily driving around Norway. Now he has no chance of getting the car on the road, as you have no idea of what you have been talking about, so don't know what to tell him.

You decided that, what ever I had said was WRONG, and used Alex's post as a way of trying to get one of your pointless arguments going.

You led him astray, you fix the problem. Don't come here hoping that I or Jason will help you out of your stupid predicament.
Any time Alex wants to ignore your advice, and do the C solenoid swap to get it going, he only has to send me a PM, and I will continue to assist him to get it going.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:54 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Just to keep the record accurate, this is the conversation that was posted on the Forums.
Any time Alex wants to ignore your advice, and do the C solenoid swap to get it going, he only has to send me a PM, and I will continue to assist him to get it going.

Harvey.
ALex was and is, free to take your advice, if this is what he desires. I will continue to be available should he take/make this unfortunate decision. He will no doubt read and understand this statement. In any event I will make sure that he is aware of his options, before proceeding further. You have the same opportunity and can press your case.

Why has Jason not sent him a solenoid? The required item can be obtained from a Subaru outlet, to "get it going"? Surely the goodwill involved must be worth the expense.

You will be hoping that he does not do so, as this will give you the opportunity to claim that your idea would have worked, but was not tried. However there are many with the required skills, who already understand that this is impossible.

P.S. You have had plenty of time to exactly state how your idea will work. I would expect Jason to be still waiting for this information.

Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 08-30-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
ALex was and is, free to take your advice, if this is what he desires. I will continue to be available should he take/make this unfortunate decision. He will no doubt read and understand this statement. In any event I will make sure that he is aware of his options, before proceeding further. You have the same opportunity and can press your case.

Why has Jason not sent him a solenoid? The required item can be obtained from a Subaru outlet, to "get it going"? Surely the goodwill involved must be worth the expense.

You will be hoping that he does not do so, as this will give you the opportunity to claim that your idea would have worked, but was not tried. However there are many with the required skills, who already understand that this is impossible.

P.S. You have had plenty of time to exactly state how your idea will work. I would expect Jason to be still waiting for this information.

Trevor.
You have one for him. You post to him.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&postcount=104

Harvey.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:36 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
You have one for him. You post to him.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&postcount=104

Harvey.
As is usual, a duck shove, slide sideways, a cop out. You expect me to accept the expense of a fruitless exercise.

If you are so sure you are right, the change will be a success and Alex, being honest will reimburse you. Back your theory, as I have done mine. Don't whinge.

P.S. I have advised Alex he can try changing the solenoid as you have stated. He has now replied that, as he is having other difficulties and has time available, he might as well give it a go. Therefore he will be returning things to as was, during his first tests, when the fuse switch enabled front drive only and change the solenoid as per your advice at that time. The result will a change to lock up with the fuse installed, and reversed front/rear instructions from the original TCU.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 08-30-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:08 AM

Registered SVX

Harvey,

I see that you have been posting here today. In view of the fact that you will not directly back yourself, I propose an arrangement, which in view of your confidence, should prove very acceptable to you. Alex will be a winner as is fitting, after all he has been the loser in all of this. There is no excuse or reason, for you to turn down the offer, thus causing Alex to miss out.

I will send to Alex, free of charge and by air the required normally open solenoid valve, to enable a change to be made. If when fitted without any other modification, Alex SVX existing transmission works to his satisfaction, and has controlled four wheel drive, I will accept the full costs involved, which I estimate to be around NZ$260.00. US$178.00. The exact net figure to be ascertained and verified after dispatch.

If when fitted without any other modification, Alex SVX transmission does not work to his satisfaction and or has not controlled four wheel drive, you Harvey will accept the full the costs involved, which I estimate to be around NZ$260.00. US$178.00. The exact net figure to be ascertained and verified after dispatch.

N.B. In addition, for Alex benefit, I will pack in the consignment, an unused QC unit at no cost to Alex. He has advised me that he has ordered a QC and enquired regarding delivery, but has not been satisfied. (Complications and Language have been a problem.) In this way I can perhaps offset some of the several inconveniences he has suffered.

The QC I would send free, was purchased from Jason, when the item was first available, in order to verify among other things, statements that the board was specially designed for one hand soldering, and more importantly was hand soldered. The solid evidence obtained, shows these statements to be false.

P.S There is no way a circuit board can be specially DESIGND, for one handed soldering, and more importantly was hand soldered. (i.e. the production board, I had on hand was hand soldered.)

Last edited by Trevor; 09-04-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: P.S. Added, in view of wrong critical reply by Harvey.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

What a generous, caring member you are. On the 28th of July you first said that you would send him a solenoid. Now 5 weeks later, with Alex’s predicament upper most in your mind, you again dangle the elusive solenoid on a string, to BAIT ME into your pointless, useless, stupid argument. You are a Virus on this Community, continually following me around the forums, filling the threads with your confusing posts that are like you, a complete waste of space.

I have attended to Alex’s request, and a solenoid is on the way. I won’t venture to tell you what you can do with your solenoid, to preserve the decorum of the Network. Fortunately there is another place that can accommodate it.

Now unable to get me to argue about the solenoids, you have again resorted to making lying statements about my Quick Change. You did not buy one from Jason, he does not supply NZ. You had another Auckland member buy it from me, on the 26/6/08. I knew it was for you when I sent it.

You just can’t admit that I could conceive the idea, design the circuit, design the printed circuit board, solder and make each one myself, single-handed. You believe that a product of this quality, could not be possible in my capacity to produce.

As I have told you before “give it up, your are not in the same class”.

Harvey.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:08 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
What a generous, caring member you are. On the 28th of July you first said that you would send him a solenoid. Now 5 weeks later, with Alex’s predicament upper most in your mind, you again dangle the elusive solenoid on a string, to BAIT ME into your pointless, useless, stupid argument. You are a Virus on this Community, continually following me around the forums, filling the threads with your confusing posts that are like you, a complete waste of space.

I have attended to Alex’s request, and a solenoid is on the way. I won’t venture to tell you what you can do with your solenoid, to preserve the decorum of the Network. Fortunately there is another place that can accommodate it.
When Alex receives and fits the solenoid, ( I do hope it is clean.) we will see if ---- "your confusing posts that are like you, a complete waste of space." That is if he decides to make the effort to install a solenoid he knows full well is unlikely to work, having understood well documented facts.

Quote:
Now unable to get me to argue about the solenoids, you have again resorted to making lying statements about my Quick Change. You did not buy one from Jason, he does not supply NZ. You had another Auckland member buy it from me, on the 26/6/08. I knew it was for you when I sent it.

You just can’t admit that I could conceive the idea, design the circuit, design the printed circuit board, solder and make each one myself, single-handed. You believe that a product of this quality, could not be possible in my capacity to produce.
Having lost your cool, you are again making wrong statements. I have never stated in any form, at any time, that you did not conceive the idea and you have full marks in this respect. The original thread in fact, proves that in respect of one unfair criticism from another, I defended you.

Please do not bring another Kiwi into this now torrid discussion. I stated --- "The QC I would send free, was purchased from Jason, when the item was first available." This is no LIE as you try to suggest. It is you who are stating that which is NOT true. Learn to read and exactly assimilate fact.

Your statement ---- "you have again resorted to making lying statements about my Quick Change"

My statement. ---- You did not design the circuit board so that it is easily soldered one handed. There is no way this could be achieved.

You do not hand solder the boards. The circuit boards are wave soldered by machine, as is obvious. Even a layman can see this from the coating on the fine print title wording, and by the way the solder drops directly off the copper, absolutely constant and even.

Your curious statements concerning the circuit design, as well as those rejecting the use of an on/off switch, show absolutely that you do not have the knowledge to have originated the circuitry.

I can prove that it is you who are making lying statements.

Quote:
As I have told you before “give it up, your are not in the same class”. Harvey.
You have made this same statement on previous occasions, but in every case I have proven you wrong. Your suggestions are plain stupid.

I certainly agree that we are NOT in the same class, as you continue to prove, together with obvious arrogance. You are a self proclaimed, automotive engineer. I am a proven industrial electrical design engineer, of some standing.

You have accepted and proven that you were wrong on every previous conflicting occasion, by now often using the exact corrected information I then provided. I did not "give it up", otherwise members would have completely wrong advice on record. Be sure, I will never give up on proving lies.

I do not engage with you in these stupid arguments for nothing. I am aware that I am criticised, as there are many without sufficient knowledge to recognise the truth. I am not concerned with being popular, as is the bull artiste.

Last edited by Trevor; 09-01-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Added point.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:

My statement. ---- You did not design the circuit board so that it is easily soldered one handed. There is no way this could be achieved.

You do not hand solder the boards. The circuit boards are wave soldered by machine, as is obvious. Even a layman can see this from the coating on the fine print title wording, and by the way the solder drops directly off the copper, absolutely constant and even.

Your curious statements concerning the circuit design, as well as those rejecting the use of an on/off switch, show absolutely that you do not have the knowledge to have originated the circuitry.

I can prove that it is you who are making lying statements.

Yes of course it is imposable, but not for me.

Do you want to withdraw your malicious statements, or just sit there knee deep in it.

Harvey.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:01 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Yes of course it is imposable,:lol but not for me.

Do you want to withdraw your malicious statements, or just sit there knee deep in it.:lol

Harvey.
N.B. I stated ---- "You did not design the circuit board so that it is easily soldered one handed. There is no way this could be achieved." i.e. There is no way a circuit board can be speciallyDESIGNED, for one handed soldering, and more importantly was hand soldered. (i.e. the PRODUCTION board, I had on hand was hand soldered.)

I gather that you claim to have soldered most of your production in that fashion. By now you must be able to place all components on the board, without reference to a diagram. With both eyes shut, as the expression goes.

But oh dear, the board pictured most certainly would not work very well. The input protection diode is not only in the wrong place, it is also back the front. The third photo shows that you are not aware of your mistake, having soldered it into place and into an incorrect large size hole. What a double clanger by an electronic expert.

If you did complete the job, luckily you must have found, your so obvious mistake, with the hole for wire 4, having been soldered up. However the evidence is there, that you are certainly not familiar with a board, you claim to have designed specially for left hand soldering. Pull the other tit.

You are quite amazing, being able to steady a hot soldering iron with your little finger. But then, it was only make believe.

I give you sincere compliments, if you have been able to achieve any degree of accuracy with your Jerry rig. Those who have soldered a circuit board, will be aware of the steady hand required, and the immense skill you have must have developed.

The production board I have is flow/wave soldered, no doubt about that. There are tiny spicules of solder, imbedded molten, in the board. Absolute proof of the process. I withdraw nothing, but do thank you for a comic which lightens your previous nasties. You can now return beyond sight into your hole. China beckons.

Last edited by Trevor; 09-04-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Prevention of cop out.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Harvey, I give you credit for your ingenuity, but not for your honesty.
But oh dear, the board pictured most certainly would not work very well. The input protection diode is not only in the wrong place, it is also back the front. The third photo shows that you are not aware of your mistake, having soldered it into place and into an incorrect large size hole. What a double clanger by an electronic expert.

If you did complete the job, luckily you must have found, your so obvious mistake, with the hole for wire 4, having been soldered up. However the evidence is there, that you are certainly not familiar with a board, you claim to have designed specially for left hand soldering. Pull the other tit.

The production board I have is flow/wave soldered, no doubt about that. There are tiny spicules of solder, imbedded molten, in the board. Absolute proof of the process. I withdraw nothing,
The circuit has been modified, but due to my ingenuity I was able to use the same board. I leave it to you to work out, where, how, and why.

I again take exception to your public attack on my Honesty. and demand that those words be removed.

Harvey.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:33 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
The circuit has been modified, but due to my ingenuity I was able to use the same board. I leave it to you to work out, where, how, and why.

I again take exception to your public attack on my Honesty. and demand that those words be removed.

Harvey.
I will check the circuitry and come back to this subject.

Alex is the important topic here.

You have advised that you have dispatched a normally open C solenoid valve to Alex, and in fact that it is on the way. Was this sent by surface or air? When can he expect it?

I have arranged a speed sensor for him. He may decide to proceed with the proper modifications which would be a shame as far as I am concerned, but would save him a lot of effort, and you shame.

Why don't you persuade him to try your N/O solenoid advice. I predict that the result will be as follows. ---

Fuse switch left in as is. --- Front rear lock up.

Fuse removed. --- When the TCU calls for front bias, rear torque will be applied. When the TCU calls for rear bias, rear torque will be reduced.

The VTD TCU will result in torque adjustments unsuitable for the centre clutch now fitted.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
I will check the circuitry and come back to this subject.
No, we will come back to this subject now.

Harvey.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:51 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
No, we will come back to this subject now.

Harvey.
Harvey ----

"Harvey, I give you credit for your ingenuity, but not for your honesty."

I am very sorry that you you read these words as a public attack, and for good reason I will remove the words from my previous post forthwith.

P.S. - N.B. I stated ---- "You did not design the circuit board so that it is easily soldered one handed. There is no way this could be achieved." i.e. There is no way a circuit board can be specially DESIGNED, for one handed soldering, and more importantly was hand soldered. (i.e. the PRODUCTION board, I had on hand was hand soldered.)

I hereby retract my apology. It is now obvious as a result of the absence of replies to critical questions, that the inconsequential “public attack” simply presented an opportunity for another ruse and again a side step.

Trevor.

Last edited by Trevor; 09-06-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: P.S. Added.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:23 AM

Registered SVX

Harvey,

With the diode positioned as it is, the only modification you can make, changes the polarity of the board and is stupid. When you produce a completed modified board all ballsed up, only then will your excuse for another clanger hold water. When will the ball boards be on sale.

Please now promptly answer my previous query, as Alex is the one losing out here.

P.S. You have been on line, why not do your duty to Alex?

Buggered off I see.

Trevor.

Last edited by Trevor; 09-03-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: P.S. added.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:40 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
What a generous, caring member you are.

You are a Virus on this Community, continually following me around the forums, filling the threads with your confusing posts that are like you, a complete waste of space.

*You just can’t admit that I could conceive the idea, design the circuit, design the printed circuit board, solder and make each one myself, single-handed. You believe that a product of this quality, could not be possible in my capacity to produce.

As I have told you before “give it up, your are not in the same class”.

Harvey.
*Once again a dishonest ploy, inferring an honest statement, but in fact confirming nothing. Incidentally, making an arrangement to produce, requires little capacity.
I say again, the production boards are not hand soldered.