Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX
Re: how to change ignition light colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
You know what I just realized the only thing we haven't explored changing the colors on? The light ring that goes around the keyhole OUTSIDE the car on the doors! Any ideas??
I've looked into this and the led is moulded inside the clear plastic ring.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 05-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
I've looked into this and the led is moulded inside the clear plastic ring.
got any pics? I'd love to change mind with the darker Color green to match the paint! It would be a Small, but nice mod. Then, Have it stay on with the headlights

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Registered SVX

No, it's not an easy thing to chanhe as the light is inside the plastic.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 05-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Ok so I'm buying all my parts for my summer projects so that I have everything and can just plug and play and only rip the car up once or twice.

So, Cozykat how many of each light do I need to completely redo all my lights in blue?

also SVXash I went to that site and they have like 50 blues, which blue did you choose for your stage gels? and did you get just one? was it big enough to cut all your pieces???

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:54 AM

Registered SVX

Bright blue #79 and the sheet was 10"x12" so one sheet is enough to do all the gauges.
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

awesome! thanks!
Old 05-23-2009, 03:16 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
No, it's not an easy thing to chanhe as the light is inside the plastic.
Cut the plastic? I have no idea what it looks like but just saying.

I did get my Hong Kong blue LEDs for the guages that I'll be doing next weekend along with the other blue goodies.... we'll see how it all goes
Old 05-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

I'm looking into the quantity.

With work, school and my engine rebuild my brain is all over the place.

A friend ended up buying the blue svx instead of me but has asked me to swap all his bulbs to blue so I am in the process of ordering those and will keep track of how many of what I buy and post $, model, and quantity once completed.

I am going to try the gel method on my friend's gauges... but I am keeping an open mind to using wide angle leds on mine

I recently replaced the lighter to red also. Still need to crack open a HVAC.. need more free time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
Ok so I'm buying all my parts for my summer projects so that I have everything and can just plug and play and only rip the car up once or twice.

So, Cozykat how many of each light do I need to completely redo all my lights in blue?

also SVXash I went to that site and they have like 50 blues, which blue did you choose for your stage gels? and did you get just one? was it big enough to cut all your pieces???

Thanks in advance!

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 06-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

awesome, post when you can, I'm really anxious to get these ordered so I can get it all done.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Registered SVX

Ok, so I'm about to do this...*like, right now!* but...I'm shaky about getting
the damn fog/cruise/security cluster out.

The how-to docs say to just pry it out with a screwdriver.
How are these things held in? I keep pulling but am severely afraid
I'm going to break a clip or something on it somewhere?

Please advise....

Last edited by Subix; 06-12-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: edit
Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 PM

Registered SVX

Just use a butterknife in the top,flat surface of the buttons and give it a good nudge. It will come out.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 06-12-2009, 06:05 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Just use a butterknife in the top,flat surface of the buttons and give it a good nudge. It will come out.
Thanks. It's not easy as it sounds... and actually the right one didn't have enough length in wire to twist to the side and we accidentally ended up cracking the dash part where the screw goes in and so we just got 'around it' that way. Wasn't happy about it but whatever... you can't see it.

It's still too bright outside to really see them but it's blue now except for 'some' green above the fuel and temp guages... there seem to be smaller lights behind there too? (I only replaced the 4 main ones, which I thought was all that needed to be replaced). but I guess a smaller led will go in the two smaller ones on each side (temp and fuel)? If so, what am I supposed to be using for that (since the ones I got from eBay obviously are too large to fit).

I'll post pictures in a while... *(mind you, when removing the speedometer gauges, it was fun when one of the connectors decided to stay connected in the back. Talk about feeling like an amateur, but I guess in reality, I am...)
Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subix View Post
It's still too bright outside to really see them but it's blue now except for 'some' green above the fuel and temp guages... there seem to be smaller lights behind there too? (I only replaced the 4 main ones, which I thought was all that needed to be replaced). but I guess a smaller led will go in the two smaller ones on each side (temp and fuel)? If so, what am I supposed to be using for that (since the ones I got from eBay obviously are too large to fit).
You will need to use a #74 LED for the temp and fuel gauges.
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

can someone compile a list of parts and quantities??? I'd like to order them all before I pull everything apart, I'd like for it to be a quick job.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I'm getting to be a pro at tearing apart and putting back together my dash.... I found its easier to remove the bottom panel below the steering column and just push the button sets out makes for less breakage that way.

I guess I will pull out everything and count them since no one has given me answers yet. Which bulbs are what number though???