Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2008, 12:12 PM
building more AK47's

Re: Close to another World War?

yeah I know just seeing if anyone is paying attention Of course mass media says otherwise
Old 08-24-2008, 01:54 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilor View Post
I didn't evade the question, I have not decided myself whether I would apply for citizenship in the future. Not the last reason affecting this decision would be whether my views agree with the actions of the government.

That's nice you mentioned FOX News. You may have noticed that one of the links I posted above is a live interview with Ossetian girl on FOX News. I don't know if any other channel made similar attempt to provide unbiased coverage. Hopefully, they will follow the suit and right their wrongs.

By the way, its seems that the US government somewhat backed off: John Bayerly, US ambassador in Moscow has said in his interview that US find the initial military response to the outbreak justified, he only criticized Russia for crossing the Ossetian-Georgian border. As a retired military, you probably understand that you can't stop the invasion by just repelling the armed forces. Now that the shooting range of weapons is dozens or hundred miles, one can stay within your borders and deliver missile strikes. That's why US military crossed the Kuwait-Iraq border in 1991, that's why Russian military crossed the Ossetian-Georgian border now.

John Bayerly also criticized some Russian politicians for suggesting the deposition of Georgian president. But that was not the official stance of Russian government and each country has its own share of radicals. The official stance was to collect the evidence of war crimes, submit that evidence to the Hague tribunal and let the international judges decide whether Mr. Saakashvili is guilty of those crimes. After all, "democratically elected" does not equal "immune from prosecution".
On your decision on whether or not to seek citizenship based on agreeing or disagreeing with the government, remember it's subject to change every 2 years. Part of being a US citizen is criticizing the government, we actually do vote people out of office. Public opinion in America is a powerful element of the political process. The only thing Bill Clinton ever did with out consulting a poll was get hummers in the oval office.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sov13t View Post
I'm sorry that you obviously do not understand this conflict. I'm also sorry about the fact that I care more for the truth than big, dramatic, news-selling headlines. I thought that was supposed to be one of the great things about America....that truth prevails over fallacy, right over wrong, etc. Unfortunately, what I understand now is that if your opinions do not align with that of popular opinion, which in this case is easily manipulated by media conglomerates, then you are considered unpatriotic. I thought I was just being American by voicing my opinion, even though it may be the opinion of the minority in this forum, because I believe it to be the truth.

-Sov13t.
The blame is clearly on Russia. Russia created the mess that is a bunch of ethnic minorities in Russia's border areas. How about Russia granting independence to all ethnic minority regions?

If the USSR appointed Tblisi as administrator of South Ossetia, why didn't Russia do more than issue passports, as in establish indepenence for South Ossetia? Russia has simply been sloppy in dealing with well known areas of conflict.

How would you rationalize the total Russian destruction of the Georgian Navy?
And Putin whining about too many NATO war ships in the Black Sea. If Putin does not want to isolate Russia he ain't making moves to prove it. Medvedev is a tool.

Where is the truth written on the Georgia, Russia, So Ossetia, Abkhazia conflict? Russian news web sites are way slanted.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Registered SVX

After the United States & Russia, who else is ready to go to war over oil?

The season of the emotional spectrum is under way. May the cool heads prevail.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano View Post
After the United States & Russia, who else is ready to go to war over oil?

The season of the emotional spectrum is under way. May the cool heads prevail.
China is close... Their economic boom is largely backed by the oil fueled automotive industry... So once they can no longer keep gas prices down having government controlled pricing... **** is gonna hit the fan

Tom