Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Lets come up with possible solutions

So what are the Democracks going to come up with? What are some good ideas.

With Iraq, the biggest looming bombshell is Iran up there grinning. We've done turned the country over to their spiritual partners. It's just a matter of time after we leave.... If... if they decide to even wait until we leave.

I say we immediately start normalizing relations with Iran. Stop the sanctions, and start trading with them. They have already reached out a couple of times, and we've rebuffed them. We can be friends with them as we were back in the 70's. This not only will lesson the threat of 'when' they get fully involved with Iraq's leadership, it will also open up both markets from two countries that like westernized goods. Both governments will be cautiously friendly from day one. WE lay off Brazilian oil a little, and buy a little oil from Iran. It will work... If we can normalize relations with the Soviets, and keep those relations during their transition, we can do it with Iran. As for the Iranian people hating us,.... Well, we sure hated the Communists to the point of murder. They'll come over just as easily as we did.

We ignore the Koreans.. Let the French deal with them. They will eventually come to us anyway, for they are eyeing the industrialization we brought to China and India. They want some of the pie, but they are stuck in this Bush created rhetoric and evil empire stuff. Right now, they have no choice, but we can fix that.

Our own budget? That will take the longest of all. We use automotive logic on taxing. If you own a Bentley, you pay Bentley maintenance. If you lease a Corsica, you pay the maintenance on a corsica. Do Bentley owners pay 7 to 8 times the maintenance cost that a corsica owner does? Of course he does, and he should. The trickle down card trick didn't work with my hero Reagan, and it isn't working now. They don't spend the largest portion, so lets put it back into the economy for people who need to spend it, and balance our budget.

Once we get things fairly balanced out again, we go directly back on "pay as you go" as we were doing during the Clinton era. It was working great. We also re-implement his welfare policies and slowly try to eliminate the program down to hobby size for the extreme down and out only. No more welfare caddilacs and trading food stamps to pay for HD TV's.

We literally set up a budget that has a surplus. This surplus will be used 30% to pay down debt, and 70% top loading Social Security. Get those guys earning big interest, and get SS to last a few more decades.

We really do need to set up a fiscal policy where the ones who benefit the most from our free capitalistic society pay the most for it. That's part of being a capitalist.

How about some ideas out there? Lets mold us together a reconstruction bill.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 12-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil

I say we immediately start normalizing relations with Iran. Stop the sanctions, and start trading with them. They have already reached out a couple of times, and we've rebuffed them. We can be friends with them as we were back in the 70's.

i agree. let's give them a hug, sloppy kisses, and money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kZ5d...elated&search=

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-08-2006, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i agree. let's give them a hug, sloppy kisses, and money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kZ5d...elated&search=
Who was that from? Ohh.. It's right on the bottom of the screen. Fox. Well, duh! Of course it's from Fox.

A lot of that is true however. But take a few minutes to watch it again, and replace the characters speaking with McCarthy, or Reagan prior to the fall of the Soviet Union. We were exactly the same way.

Then actually think what they were saying. They yelled "Death to America!", but there were no specifics. All of their specifics were on the pain and suffering the U.S. supposedly inflicts. The main premise was just how evil the United States is... in their perception. Same perception we had of the godless Soviets.

We have the Iranians highly sanctioned. We really are on Muslim land shooting rockets and bombs. We really have killed Muslim children. They aren't lying, and it pisses them off just as much as 9/11 pissed us off. The difference is, there is nothing there to say Iran had anything to do with attacking us. But our attacking Middle East countries, just pick a news channel.

We should try reconciliation. The hard core my way or the highway didn't work, and only made things worse. We could turn them into an ally against this so called war on terror just as we did with Pakistan.

It doesn't mean we have to totally trust them, just as they won't totally trust us. But we are really short of options, aren't we?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Who was that from? Ohh.. It's right on the bottom of the screen. Fox. Well, duh! Of course it's from Fox.
it was made by an independant filmmaker, and reviewed by Fox News.

Quote:
A lot of that is true however. But take a few minutes to watch it again, and replace the characters speaking with McCarthy, or Reagan prior to the fall of the Soviet Union. We were exactly the same way.
many of those characters were saying they want to destroy the US and its way of life. no substitutions for them.

Quote:
Then actually think what they were saying. They yelled "Death to America!", but there were no specifics. All of their specifics were on the pain and suffering the U.S. supposedly inflicts. The main premise was just how evil the United States is... in their perception. Same perception we had of the godless Soviets.
i guess you're right. they don't really want Islam to take over the world. they say it over and over and over, but don't really mean it i guess. they raise their kids to be respectful and open-minded, too. the next generation should be willing to make peace, so let's all hug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VfhK-nTXww

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
it was made by an independant filmmaker, and reviewed by Fox News.

many of those characters were saying they want to destroy the US and its way of life. no substitutions for them.

i guess you're right. they don't really want Islam to take over the world. they say it over and over and over, but don't really mean it i guess. they raise their kids to be respectful and open-minded, too. the next generation should be willing to make peace, so let's all hug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VfhK-nTXww
And somewhere in Iran, the same debate is going on. Suddenly the anti-american guy throws up this link to prove americans are nothing more than obsessive warmongers. For everyone knows this world is a handful of individual soundbites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QunVtAsP0LY