Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I do admit that the Republicans have slipped somewhat in holding budgets down where possible, but a line item veto authority would help to keep pork out of bills totally unrelated to the pork project. BOTH parties are at fault in that area.

Lee
Slipped? Slipped???

What they have done is disprovened your entire argument that the "republican congress" is who balanced the budget. As soon as a republican took over the executive branch, they went hog wild with all their unchecked power.

There were huge battles between the Clinton administration and that republican congress.

I guess we now see who was trying to balance, and which side was trying to spend like crazy.

It feels like someone just shot me in the gut everytime I hear the Republicans being called "conservative". It's so untrue. They are like a bunch of drunk 16 year olds with dad's credit card.

I've said it a thousand times. The days of them playing with our toys is over. They need to get out.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 06-27-2006, 01:59 AM

We'll Get Back To The National Debt In A Moment...

Rush Limbaugh walks into a bar with a frog on his head.
The bartender points and says, "What's that?"
The frog says, "It started out as an anal cyst."

WGJ
Old 06-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Certified Porschephile

I think my jokes about the french were better. Maybe we can reach the middle ground here WGJ, and just bash the french. It's fun and easy.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:25 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
I think my jokes about the french were better. Maybe we can reach the middle ground here WGJ, and just bash the french. It's fun and easy.
Go to www..com, in the search bar type "french military victories" (no quotes), hit "I'm feeling lucky", enjoy!

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-27-2006, 01:35 PM

Speaking Of Frogs?

Naw, thanks, I'll stick to sticking it to pretentious, self righteous, drug addicted, lying, hypocritical anuses on this side of the pond. Picking on the Frogs is way too easy.
They are all yours, have at 'em,
WGJ
Old 06-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Certified Porschephile

I tried to reach the middle ground; the lambasting of the idiotic french, who can't win a war, cause more because of their crying, and then need bailing out becasue of their ineptness. Then they get off on some holier then thou kick? WTF? Oh well.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:05 PM

What's amazing about the French is they had so many war style firsts. A couple off the top of my head is smokeless gunpowder and the revolving turret on tanks. There were quite a few more, but they slip my mind.

And they never used any of them.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:09 PM

Oh yeah. The French also came up with the conical shaped bullet that is still used today. Prior to this invention, everyone used ball style with a much decreased accuracy and range.

Never really used it. They just sold it to everyone else.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 PM

Afghan Troubles

Afghan Leader Losing Support
Foreign, Local Allies Cite Weak Karzai Leadership

By Pamela Constable
Washington Post Foreign Service
Monday, June 26, 2006; Page A01

KABUL, Afghanistan, June 25 -- Many Afghans and some foreign supporters say they are losing faith in President Hamid Karzai's government, which is besieged by an escalating insurgency and endemic corruption and is unable to protect or administer large areas of the country.

As a sense of insecurity spreads, a rift is growing between the president and some of the foreign civilian and military establishments whose money and firepower have helped rebuild and defend the country for nearly five years. While the U.S. commitment to Karzai appears solid, several European governments are expressing serious concerns about his leadership.

"The president had a window of opportunity to lead and make difficult decisions, but that window is closing fast," said one foreign military official in Kabul who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

"This is a crucial time, and there is frustration and finger-pointing on all sides," the official said. "President Karzai is the only alternative for this country, but if he attacks us, we can't help him project his vision. And if he goes down, we all go down with him."

WGJ
For the whole article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...referrer=email